Start by marking “The Killing League” as Want to Read:
The Killing League

The Killing League (The Killing League)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  499 ratings  ·  60 reviews
In this tense, spellbinding thriller, a retired FBI profiler uncovers THE KILLING LEAGUE, a competition among active serial killers to prove who is the greatest killer, and learns that he and a woman whose life he saved are the grand prize.
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 250 pages
Published December 5th 2012 (first published December 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Killing League, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killing League

Martyn V. (aka Baron Sang-Froid) Halm
Well, I managed to get to 29% of the Kindle version of The Killing League until the lack of verisimilitude deflated my suspense of disbelief.

I had high expectations of this book, due to the enticing blurb, but the story failed to deliver. The characters were described to provide a visual image, but I got no sense of their internal emotions beyond what Ms. Amore told me they were feeling. The writing is not unskilled, and some of the descriptions were quite visceral, but when someone fires a gun
Frederick Brooke
This book contains portraits of ten or twelve habitual killers, from the trucker who likes to break the neck of hitchhikers to the butcher who doesn't distinguish between cow's blood and human blood when he's cutting up slabs of meat. The author, Dani Amore, has a way with words.

What is totally original about The Killing League is the premise that one Sick Dude decides to gather together this rogue's gallery of murderers in a competition. See who's really king of the heap in the art of slitting
Roberto
Got it for 99 cents on Amazon.

The highest serial killer per page density you will find this year.
Elizabeth A.
The job of a sports league’s commissioner, while not easy, is relatively straightforward. Generally speaking, they oversee the teams and competition, deal with administrative details and rules governing league play, and generally seek to ensure the health and success of their league. The commissioner in author Dani Amore’s newest book is no different. Well, except that he’s not in charge of the NBA, NFL or some other league you’re familiar with; no, he’s commissioner of The Killing League.

Like a
Sean Russell
A treat for those who like blood and gore. Interesting premise with a killer masterminding a killing competition for other killers and as usual you hope the hero and heroine ,Mack and Nicole survive in the end. Threaded through the story is the romance of the two. Enthralling ,with nary a dull moment your interest is held to the very end. Good 'bloody' read
Michael
A Good Read but a "Thriller"?

Wallace Mack was a very interesting character. The premise of the story was also interesting--a contest between serial murderers, instigated as a tool for revenge against Mack. There will be plenty of gore to satisfy the most bloodthirsty reader, and enough variety to satisfy those tired of the "sneak-sneak, bang! bang!, you're dead" school of writing. The surprise villain-in-chief was a bit of a disappointment. The villain's motive was not established well enough to
Karen Germain
This book really frustrated me. I felt like author Dani Amore, had a potentially great idea, but then poorly executed it.

Amore's novel, "The Killing League" centers around a mysterious figure named, The Commissioner, who has invited a group of serial killers to participate in a killing game that he has named "The Killing League". The story alternates between The Killing League's members and two characters that are the ultimate targets, Mack, former FBI Agent and Nicole, a woman who narrowly esca
Becky
When I read the summary of The Killing League I was really intrigued. It seemed like a great premise of making sick, twisted serial killers compete against each other. When I first started reading it, it wasn't so bad. There were a few interesting killers like Florence Nightmare and The Family Man. Most of the others were typical and cliche, and even seemed like knock-offs (Blue Blood is totally Patrick Bateman from American Psycho). When the protagonists were introduced to the story is when the ...more
Kim Brown
GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

When I say this was a VERY GOOD book (dare I say almost better than James Patterson) that you HAVE to read...please take my word for it. Picture this SEVEN serial killers; a competition and adrenaline pumping, non-stop action. There's so many twists and turns with the plot but the author manages to keep you in the flow. If that doesn't win you over and keep you looking over your shoulder....I don't know what will!!!
Rashmi Pant
The plot premise could not be more thrilling. A mastermind with loads of resources starts a competition amongst serial killers. They killers chosen have different modus operandi and the final round requires the elimination of a retired FBI agent and an ex-victim of a serial killer. The execution of the plot however was not as impactful. The expectation raised so high were not exactly met. Having said that, it is entertaining nonetheless.
Jenny
Two stars for the plot - there was an excellent idea at the base of this, but the writing really dragged, with unnecessary descriptions & bland dialogue. None of the characters had any depth; they all felt like 2D models being pushed around a board. There were subplots that went nowhere after being introduced. Overall a frustrating waste of a potentially exciting idea.
Frank
An awesome story!

I'll admit to being a bit confused in the beginning with the way the author jumped from character to character but as they developed I became completely engrossed in the story. The villain came as a complete surprise.

This is a wonderful story with a well developed plot and I highly recommend this to lovers of mysteries, thrillers and anyone that loves a good story!
Steven Wade
This was a great read! The chapters are short, the writer kept his story straight even while writing multiple characters. The characters were nicely developed. It was very good. It doesn't dive deeply into the mindsets of killers per se, but it gives you a sense of the raw emotion of both victim and serial killer. A good surprise.
karmen edwards
Pay close attention

There are so many characters to keep track of, each had there own chapters and took turns throughout the book. I liked the short chapters. The author doesn't waste time on excess details, leaves us to our imaginations. Each chapter is right to the point. No loose ends.
Christopher Salch
The first thing that I noticed about reading this was that percentage counter at the bottom of my kindle display was keeping up with the chapter numbers. Dani used extremely short chapters as a means of quickly bouncing around her cast of characters, giving the book a very fast paced feel. I started out not sure how well this would work in the story and wound up finding that it worked out quite well. With the number of characters in the story, the quickly switching point of view keeps things mov ...more
Velinda Allen
Impressed

I was very intrigued with the premise. I liked the character development. The last quarter of the story did not build to the climax compared to the character build up in the early goings. Over all I enjoyed the storyline.
Brad
Interesting concept

I liked the idea and plot to the story. It was a little choppy and didn't give much of a chance to get deeply involved with the characters. Overall I enjoyed it and will look to read the next in the series
Joyce McKune
Mack couldn't get the assistant director of the FBI to listen to his theory about the current rash of killings. They were all related to crime enforcement in some way and each MO was similar to one of the serial killers he was profiling.
zoe
Starts off....

I enjoyed the book. Although it started off kind of slow and I almost gave up Aaron few times, but I stuck with it and it got really good. The ending was a little frustrating, but somehow satisfying.
Jeremy Gallen
Great Thriller

In this novel, several murderers receive invitations to the titular Killing League where their skills of assassination are put to the test. Very engaging from start to finish.
Gary Furrow
Good book

Believable characters. Good dialogue pacing of the book was off. Needed bit more background on characters. Why were they what they were? But, overall a good book.
Dan Harper
The Killing League

Interesting, fast-paced read. Villains well developed. Ending was a surprise. Would like to learn more about Mack, but perhaps in earlier books.
Don Vert
First book

Very interesting storyline. Nice fast paced story, did not get bogged down. Kept me interested. Good easy read. Will recommend story to others. Thanks.
Richard (Davros)
Dec 29, 2012 Richard (Davros) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Richard (Davros) by: Amazon
In one way this had what I wanted - lots of killing. However, there was something lacking. Yes, there was a back-story, and a reason for the killings. But there was just a lack of layering to the whole story.

After Conrad Jones, Russell Blake, Michael Robotham and Chris Carter, this book just lacked the in-depth complexity of the other authors. I did like it, as to opposed some Patricia Cornwell and Stephen King books that I have thrown over my shoulder.

If you want a fast read, where you do not
Paul Casagrande
It's ok

There is some plot to this book, but not much. A lot of blood and guts. But once I started it I had to see how it ended, because it was different.
Jaclyn
I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a quick read and very intense. Obviously it's very graphic and gory but the plot was great and it was intriguing and fun to see how it turned out!
Scott Brooke
There is no hook

Great book up until the ending. No closure. This book didn't give me any reason to read anymore books in the series.
Beth
An interesting murder / conspiracy story with multiple serial killers and a hacker that band together to cause grief to a former victim and her FBI rescuer.
Barbara
This was great reading! Once again I think about what a great idea buying the Kindle was. I have discovered a whole new world of authors that I would have missed buying books from the best seller list. This is the 3rd book by Dani Amore that I have read and the best so far. It is one of those books that you find hard to put down and keeps you guessing from chapter to chapter. I don't want to discuss the story too much because I would probably give away too much info and spoil the plot and ending ...more
Nancy
The last few pages were kind of flat, after the break-neck pace of the rest of the story.
  • The Assassin's List (Adam Drake, #1)
  • Blackout (Sam Archer, #3)
  • The Undertaker
  • A Place of Strangers
  • Red Tide
  • Midnight Harvest (Seasons of Blood, #1)
  • Bride of a Bygone War (Beirut Trilogy, #2)
  • StreetCreds
  • Three Days to Die (Aaron Quinn thriller series #1)
  • Fallen Palm
  • 72 Hours
  • Capture
  • Seven Days From Sunday
  • Grave Situation
  • Coding Isis
  • Ties That Bind (Madison Knight, #1)
  • The Saints Go Dying
  • PRIMAL Inception

The Killing League (4 books)
  • Killing League: Scouting Reports (Episode One): A Kindle Unlimited Serial Thriller
  • Killing League: Tickets to the Big Dance (Episode Two): A Kindle Unlimited Serial Thriller
  • Killing League: Elimination Round 1 (Episode Four): A Kindle Unlimited Serial Thriller
  • Killing League: Elimination Round 2 (Episode Five): A Kindle Unlimited Serial Thriller
Dead Wood (John Rockne Mysteries #1) To Find a Mountain Death By Sarcasm (Mary Cooper Mystery, #1) The Circuit Rider (A Kindle Serial) Murder With Sarcastic Intent (Mary Cooper Mystery, #2)

“He redialed Reznor. The call went straight to” 0 likes
“He opened the card and it was blank, save for the same symbol on the cover. “KL” inside a shield of some” 0 likes