Start by marking “The Prophecy (Daughters Of Saraqael, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Prophecy (Daughters Of Saraqael, #0.5)

The Prophecy (Daughters of Saraqael 0.5)

Saraqael hadn’t intended to fall in love with Kate. It shouldn’t have even been possible. His kind didn’t experience emotion, and they certainly weren’t supposed to become attached to humans.

When he discovers that Kate’s dying and there’s nothing he or her human doctors can do for her, Saraqael realizes how deep his feelings for her run. And he understands just how far he’
Published November 29th 2011 by Iambe Books (first published November 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prophecy

Bethany Lopez
Dec 30, 2011 Bethany Lopez rated it it was amazing
I loved getting some insight into Quincy and Saraqael's relationship. I cannot wait to read more about Quincy! Keep writing!
Sharmaine
A Book Vacation
Jul 31, 2013 A Book Vacation rated it liked it
To see my full review (8/28):

This novelette is a great short story to pique reader interest. About 30 pages in length, it tells the background story of Saraqael, an Estilorian, and his undying love for Kate, a human, a bond that's unheard of, especially as Estilorian's aren't supposed to feel, let alone love. This is a very fast read, my first taste of the series, and I'm definitely interested to know what happens next, especially with this glimpse of the Estilorian prophe
Judy Hubbard
Mar 02, 2012 Judy Hubbard rated it it was amazing
As I completed Raine's Daughters of Saraqael Trilogy (Becoming, Central and Foretold), I wanted to know more about Saraqael, his relationship with Kate and how it all began; luckily Raine released the Prophecy, which gives us a sneak peek into the history of Saraqael and Kate. The Prophecy is not a full-sized novel; it's just a brief taste of what's to come, but I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to read more. The Prophecy also shows Saraqael's friendship with Quincy, which was nice to see. ...more
Mar 25, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
What I loved about The Prophecy is that is gives us a better glimpse into how the mind of an Estilorian works and how Saraqael and Kate fell in love. Having read the Daughters of Saraqael trilogy first I was curious about the story behind Saraqael and Kate and was very excited when I found out that Raine was writing their story as a short story. The Prophecy adds a layer of understanding to how the Estilorians live. Since this about Amber, Olivia, & Skye's parents then reading this before or ...more
Ana
Mar 02, 2012 Ana rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story! I really enjoyed the Daughters of Saraqael trilogy and this story gave me that bit of added history that I was craving. It provided insight into Saraqael's feelings and what he was willing to risk for love. As well, it was great to read about his friendship with Quincy, which was more like that of brothers than friends. Having already read about these characters in the trilogy, I was glad to have more details to help fill in the missing pieces in my imagination. Of ...more
Alicia Marietta
Dec 19, 2013 Alicia Marietta rated it liked it
While I realize this is a novella, which I know is suppose to be short (which I why I don't usually like them) - I was VERY disappointed in the ending. I was really looking forward to finding out what happened in more detail with Saraqael & Kate. I really wish there would have been more after their joining. We know from the series that Kate becomes pregnant and Saraqael dies, but it would have been nice to hear more leading up to the birth of the girls.
Daydreamer
Mar 15, 2012 Daydreamer rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a sweet short story! I would definitely recommend anyone who has read or plans to read the Daughters of Saraqael trilogy to read this. It's a nice bonus from the author. I really enjoyed the interactions between Quincy and Saraqael. Obviously, I also enjoyed all the love Saraqael clearly felt for Kate. I'm so happy to re-enter this world that Raine has painted so vividly!
Terri
Jul 26, 2014 Terri rated it it was ok
I have to admit, this was not my favorite read. I had a really hard time following the story, it didn't capture my attention, and though its a shorter read it took me quite a few days to finish it. It was well written, but I just couldn't connect to the characters or the story. I have to say I'm sorry, but I won't be recommending this book.
Melly
I love The Prophecy. I really enjoyed getting to know more about Saraqael and Kate's relationship and the friendship between Saraqael and Quincy. I can't wait for the Firstborn trilogy to be released! I love the Estilorians! Raine Thomas is an amazing writer.
Becky Shambley
I loved knowing more of the back story of how the girls came to be, what their parents were like, since they are talked about so often in the series, and yet, not actual involved characters. The added insight just gives more layers to the whole story in my humble opinion..
Debbie
Nov 04, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
The incredible prequel novella for "The Daughters of Saraquel Trilogy"! Brilliant in every way a must read and a freebee too!
Kimberly Landry
Feb 24, 2015 Kimberly Landry rated it it was amazing
Wow

A great short.... that left me wanting more. I will be checking the series out. Thanks for catching my attention.
BookLoversLife
Jan 23, 2012 BookLoversLife rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It was really nice to read more of Saraqaels story! Canr wait for the next trilogy set in Estilorian.
M. Maria
Jun 20, 2016 M. Maria rated it liked it
I am new to this series. Very interesting plot. I wanted to feel more of the connection between the two friends. This ended perfectly as it is a prequel.
Aimee Ingram
Aimee Ingram rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Rebecca Hughes
Rebecca Hughes rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
Keri Adkins
Keri Adkins rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Christine Hertneky
Christine Hertneky rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2013
Jigyasa
Jigyasa rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2013
Andrea Dezan
Andrea Dezan rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2012
Bridgett
Bridgett rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2013
Devon
Devon rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Brenda Willis
Brenda Willis rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2014
Ches Vaters
Ches Vaters rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2013
Carilly Diaz
Carilly Diaz rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2015
E
E rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
Tsewang Lhamo
Tsewang Lhamo rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Poppy
  • Enemy Within (Vampire Born, #2)
  • In The Mind of Thaddeus (Short Story)
  • Beginnings (The Guardians of Vesturon 0.5)
  • The Muse (Dark Art Mystery, #1)
  • Cold Blood (Dirty Blood, #2)
  • In His Eyes Anthology (Stories from a Cute Guy)
  • The Modified (The Biotics Trilogy, #1)
  • Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)
  • Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)
  • Star Cursed (Curse of the Beast, #2)
  • xoxoxo (Stories About Melissa, #2)
  • Destiny's Revenge (Destiny, #2)
  • Rise of the Demons (Oceans of Red #1)
  • The Vicarage Bench Anthology
  • the Dark (The Portal Trilogy #1.5)
  • 13 on Halloween (Shadow, #1)
  • Wingless (Wingless, #1)
Raine Thomas is the award-winning author of bestselling Young Adult and New Adult fiction. Known for character-driven stories that inspire the imagination, Raine recently signed with multiple award-winning producer Chase Chenowith of Back Fence Productions to bring her popular Daughters of Saraqael trilogy to the big screen. She's a proud indie author who is living the dream.

Raine is a hopeless ro
More about Raine Thomas...

Daughters of Saraqael (3 books)
  • Becoming (Daughters Of Saraqael, #1)
  • Central (Daughters Of Saraqael, #2)
  • Foretold (Daughters Of Saraqael, #3)