Start by marking “God Loves Broken People: And Those Who Pretend They're Not” as Want to Read:
God Loves Broken People: And Those Who Pretend They're Not

God Loves Broken People: And Those Who Pretend They're Not

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  176 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Readers encounter a new message about God's redemptive plan for their failures and shortcomings. In this powerful book full of deep biblical teaching, Walsh encourages readers with God's truth that he is not done with them yet, that he can and will redeem their failures to create a deeper intimacy with him and accomplish his kingdom purposes.
Published March 12th 2012 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about God Loves Broken People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Loves Broken People

Susan Barnes
Jun 18, 2015 Susan Barnes rated it really liked it
God Loves Broken People by Sheila Walsh is a greatly encouraging book full of hope. Regardless of the extent of your brokenness or even your lack of it, this book speaks to the needs of many weary, disillusioned and wounded people.

Sheila makes the comment that if could only write one book in her life, this would be the one. This is because her passion is to see broken people find healing and wholeness in Christ. That's not to say that all their problems will be solved but rather they will find
Penny Lane
Aug 02, 2012 Penny Lane rated it liked it
The title of this book sums it up pretty well. “God Loves Broken People (and those who pretend they’re not)”. This message is clear throughout. The reader is given several examples of what it means to be broken, and then scripture that shows us that God is still there during those times. This is not a self-help book explaining how to remove the hardships from our life, but rather a book meant to explain why hard times are okay and actually scriptural.

This book reads almost like a personal journa
Darin
Aug 28, 2012 Darin rated it it was amazing
Author Sheila Walsh does a marvelous job of displaying the love of God to those who are wounded and broken in this hurtful world.
She helps the reader to understand that whether you are a young or mature Christian you will face various trials and broken moments within your life. While the believer changes God's love for them never does.
She shares how there is nothing that a believer will face that God isn't prepared for and ready to help in the time of need. He never runs from trouble so the bel
Erlyn Trinidad
Apr 10, 2012 Erlyn Trinidad rated it it was ok
I got the book from Booksneeze in ebook format. Here goes the review:

Things I Like about the book:
- I like that the author seems to be a book lover herself. The book is peppered with stories, insights and excerpts from other books she's read.
- I like the fact that she has pointed out numerous situations that a lot of people, Christian or not, are able to empathize i.e. questions about children suffering, tough times that happen in a Christian's life, especially the ones that seem to come one a
Edwina Cowgill
May 19, 2012 Edwina Cowgill rated it it was amazing
God Loves Broken People
Sheila Walsh

In God Loves Broken People, Sheila Walsh brings a message of hope to all of us. Because at one time or another, all of us have been broken and in need of that message.

From the introduction, titled “It’s Okay Not to be Okay” to chapters such as “I’m Not Waving, I’m Drowning,” “Fierce Love and Halloween Grace” and “Only the Wounded Can Serve” we are bombarded with the fact of God’s boundless, extravagant love for us and we are comforted with reminders of His grac
Denise DiFalco
Apr 02, 2016 Denise DiFalco rated it really liked it
Sheila Walsh reinterates that noone that walks the face of the this Earth, does so unscathed. A concept that I have tried to share with my daughters while they were growing up. The glory of it all lies between the pages of her new book GOD LOVES BROKEN PEOPLE because the Lord offers us an alternative way to dealing with pain. Oft times, human beings our deaf to God's words because they are too busy with their fulfilled lives. It's unfortunate that most of us have to reach bottom before we look u ...more
Miriam Jacob
Jun 21, 2015 Miriam Jacob rated it it was amazing
GOD LOVES BROKEN PEOPLE
by Sheila Walsh

God loves us, broken people, who open up our battered hearts to allow God to heal our personal sorrows and heartaches. When our carefully created glass houses crash down, we slowly start to carve a brand new world beyond the safe haven of those demolished walls. We are broken lambs, who limp after our Shepherd. We do not know where He goes but we want to go with Him. Our personal brokenness opens up the way to the heart of God. We broken people know that Go
Tima
Dec 17, 2014 Tima rated it it was ok
As human we are all broken in some way. And God loves each of us in and through our brokenness. The author, herself, has experienced the pain of being broken and has used her experiences to share how her brokenness brought her closer to God and allowed her to help others in their time of darkness.

My Bible study group picked this book out for one of our studies, since the book comes with discussion questions in the back. I was not impressed. We couldn't connect with the author and her presentatio
Debbie
Jan 28, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
" God Loves Broken People: And Those Who Pretend They're Not" by Sheila Welsh is a five star book.

I saw Sheila Welsh at a Women of Faith conference and have looked for her books ever since and found this one at my local library and I am not disappointed.

This book is about how to turn your brokenness to God to allow Him to show you how strongly He loves us.

This book is about brokenness but I don't believe you have to be in a broken state to get encouragement from it!

Sheila uses her life's struggl
Kelli Bragg
Mar 01, 2015 Kelli Bragg rated it did not like it
Having decades of ill health (severe chronic pain and a sleep disorder), and all the monetary, familial and friend problems (even church friends disassociated after a short while because, gosh why can't you just get over your illness, and if you really "Believed", God would have answered your prayers) and emotional/depression issues that go along with just trying to get through the day and earn enough to keep a roof over your head and food on the table, I don't believe the author understands tru ...more
Erin
May 03, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
I got this free book from Booksneeze in exchange for a review. First of all, I’d like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. To read about God’s closeness was uplifting and inspiring. People who read this book will be comforted and encouraged to seek a close relationship with God. This book teaches that God will lift people up when they have failed, and lets them know that He has a plan for them. The author tells us that we all suffer, and that God will be there to comfort us in hard times. ...more
Andrew
May 08, 2012 Andrew rated it it was amazing
In God Loves Broken People, Shelia Walsh enforced the concept of dealing with your feelings of being broken. There are many ways to handle your wounds from your past. Shelia encouraged readers to believe and study what the Bible declares over your difficult circumstances. She described her own feelings about hurts in life and not understanding why bad things happen. She wrote this book to reveal her own struggles with her broken pieces. Jesus is always there to assist us when we are going throug ...more
Rhonda
Mar 20, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it
Review of God Loves Broken People (And those Who Pretend They're Not) by Sheila Walsh
I highly recommend this book to any one who is struggling with pain and discouragement in their lives (and who among us isn't?). Sheila Walsh uses real-life stories from her own experiences and that of others to reach out to the broken among us. She uses examples of great people, even Mother Teresa and her own personal struggles with God and His love. She points out that Mother Teresa had faith AND doubt. I onc
Pilar
Aug 29, 2012 Pilar rated it really liked it
Sheila Walsh is an eloquent speaker. She is also a wonderful storyteller and Bible teacher. I appreciated her honesty and transparency in her writing. There is no fluff, Sheila Walsh tells it like it is. She also writes with a heart of compassion and love for people which is revealed on every page of this book.

I identified and resonated with what she wrote on page 45:

"God isn't some cosmic jukebox in the sky, from which, so long as you have the right coin, you get to pick the soundtrack for your
Cherie Hill
Mar 30, 2013 Cherie Hill rated it it was ok
This book (I am reviewing the Kindle version) had all the makings of a powerful read: A GREAT Title, catchy subtitle, and a much needed message in a world that is hurting. The problem is that the content failed to deliver. I was hoping for a message that would inspire, encourage, and lift up my heart. The introduction and following chapters failed to even come close to doing any of those things.

If you are able to make it through the introduction, Chapter 6 is written well and the whole book's me
Aubrey
Oct 01, 2012 Aubrey rated it really liked it
I just finished reading Sheila Walsh's, God Loves Broken People courtesy of BookSneeze and really enjoyed it. Walsh, has walked through difficult times and many experiences that have led to brokenness. His healing, and a mindset full of God's Word as truth have allowed her brokenness to be used for His glory...and a reminder to others that we all experience suffering and brokenness. Walsh gives a truth-filled reminder of purpose in the brokenness and honest look at a restoration process that mak ...more
Donna
Jan 05, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adult women
Recommended to Donna by: Booksneeze
When I received this book a few months ago from the Booksneeze program, it started out as a hard read. Basically I think it was me and not the book. I've read so many books on hurt, broken people and the numerous suggestions to accomplish successful healing. This weekend a terrible storm came by and took out my power, phone and cable. I was a captive audience. Again I opened the book and in minutes was hooked.

Throughout the pages I was comforted by glimpses of the lives of the author, Sheila Wal
Paula Whitehouse
Oct 24, 2013 Paula Whitehouse rated it it was amazing
God Loves Broken People (and Those Who Pretend They're Not) by Sheila Walsh is all about tackling personal brokenness and how it can allow for a greater intimacy with Jesus. Sheila explains that without brokenness a deeper level of intimacy with Jesus "might never open in any other way". The overall message of the book is that broken people can be made whole again through Jesus.

I found the book very helpful and practical in its approach to the topic. It has helped me to develop a closer relation
Chrystal Phillips
Jun 19, 2016 Chrystal Phillips rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow! Wow!
Amazingly enough, I already hold many of the same ideas about life and how being broken becomes our gift to share. I would absolutely LOVE to do this as a bible study for one of my small groups at church.
Sheila Walsh talks about every single person on this earth, and there are great stories and a treasure trove of some of the best scriptures that are useful during times of strife. I think every single person should read this book.
Mychele
May 31, 2012 Mychele rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
I Love Love Love Love this book!!!! Never have I ever read a book that brought me to tears with in the first 5 pages. I was one of those people who knew they were broken but didn't know the extent of it. This book is a great at showing that we all need Jesus and just how much God loves us. It doesn't beat you up with accusations or point out your imperfections. In fact she points out more of her own and then shows us the love of God in the mist of the brokeness. We are human, meaning we all sin ...more
Tiff
Aug 13, 2015 Tiff rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome for me. I listened to it on Overdrive from my library, but will buy the book as a reminder. It may be that I am going through the hardest time in my life right now that this book was what I needed. It's refreshing to hear a person be honest about their fears, hurts and agonizing pains so honestly. I will just say that it was very helpful and leave it there. If I write more, I will be saying the same thing over and over again. Loved the book very much.
Rhynda Moreland
Mar 10, 2016 Rhynda Moreland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book helped me get through one of the worst times of my life. I was able to connect with God on a more personal level and it restored faith I had lost. After reading it, I turned back to page one to begin again. I am still broken but the pieces are starting to fit back together. Excellent book.
Angie Cherney
May 17, 2016 Angie Cherney rated it really liked it
Excellent book, though it starts off VERY slow. It gets increasingly better and more powerful after each chapter.
Hank Pharis
Apr 06, 2015 Hank Pharis rated it it was ok
Sherry read this and liked it so I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised to find it very encouraging.
Karen Gutherless
May 29, 2012 Karen Gutherless rated it it was amazing
Poignant and definitely not insipid or vacuous....

This book will deepen your life script and hopefully make it a more vibrant faith in God that supersedes your tangible black and white thinking of God. It will make you look into your soul and see how messy things really are and still feel Loved by God. It makes repentance look more meaningful and challenges the process to be looked at in a real way.

Karen Haynes Gutherless, MA, MACC, LMHP, CPC
Tracy
Jan 17, 2014 Tracy rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderfully real book! Sheila is gifted by our Lord in speaking to the hearts of his people
Brenda
Apr 26, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith, for-review
Since I read my first Sheila Walsh book in 2007, I've been a huge fan. As with her other works, God Loves Broken People is full of personal stories of how God has used Sheila's own troubled past for good, as well as plenty of reflections on Scripture. I received this book through Booksneeze, so a more thorough review is coming soon to my blog!
Janet Pittman
Sep 28, 2013 Janet Pittman rated it it was amazing
I've heard Sheila speak several times... reading this book is like listening to her share her perspective over coffee in-person! I found the stories she shared very touching and loved the bible verses... many of my favorite verses were included. Excellent read!
Val
This was a fantastic book, made that much better as the audiobook read by the author. I would highly recommend this book, as it is well-written, theologically sound, and greatly encouraging. This is a book I will look to own in the future.
Jennifer Addleman
Dec 29, 2014 Jennifer Addleman rated it really liked it
In a world that tells us being "broken" and not normal is something worthy of therapy and medication, God tells us just the opposite. Our broken places make us just right for the work He has for us to do.
Sisters in Christ...: * God Loves Broken People // September 2016 1 4 Aug 16, 2016 07:53AM
  • All Cracked Up
  • Twelve Unlikely Heroes: How God Commissioned Unexpected People in the Bible and What He Wants to Do with You
  • Seeing through the Fog: Hope When Your World Falls Apart
  • One Call Away: Facing the Unexpected with Resilient Faith
  • The Power of a Woman's Words
  • The Only Necessary Thing: Living a Prayerful Life
  • Lead Me, Holy Spirit: Longing to Hear the Voice of God
  • All the Places to Go . . . How Will You Know?: God Has Placed before You an Open Door. What Will You Do?
  • The Autobiography of St. Ignatius
  • Making Life Work
  • Nearing Home: Life, Faith, and Finishing Well
  • I Really Want to Change...So, Help Me God
  • Completely His: Loving Jesus without Limits

Sheila Walsh (05-07-1956) is a powerful communicator, Bible teacher, and best-selling author with more than 4 million books sold. A featured speaker with Women of Faith, Sheila has reached more than 3.5 million women by artistically combining honesty, vulnerability, and humor with God's Word.

Author of the best-s
More about Sheila Walsh...