Start by marking “Unlikely Friendships for Kids: The Monkey & the Dove: And Four Other Stories of Animal Friendships” as Want to Read:

Unlikely Friendships is a phenomenon. It’s a runaway New York Times bestseller with more than 260,000 copies in print in less than half a year; a book with its compelling message of hope and friendship and differences overcome. Temple Grandin called it “. . . amazing. It shows the power of friendship.”

Now Unlikely Friendships is rewritten for younger readers: Unlikely Fri
Published May 2nd 2012 by Workman Publishing Company (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unlikely Friendships for Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlikely Friendships for Kids

Annika Ringnalda
May 11, 2016 Annika Ringnalda rated it it was amazing
I personally loved this book. It was so sweet. I am only a kid and I do not recommend this book for adults because it is not that hard to read and has simpul
Lisa
Jun 29, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, ala
A decent early reader, particularly for young animal lovers. But be warned: one of the baby animals dies, so if your child is particularly sensitive to such things, skip this volume in the series (or at least the last story -- the cover picture of this book may be too adorable to resist!).

This book is a collection of 5 stories of animal friendships, designed to appeal to kids in the 6-10 age range. In terms of reading level, it's comparable to an early chapter book -- a bit harder than Frog and
Lenore Webb
May 27, 2012 Lenore Webb rated it really liked it
Unlikely Friendships for Kids has 3 new books out and I have two of them. Each chapter has a story of two animals that have made friends. But it is odd pairings that you would not expect. Can you imagine a friendship between an Hippopotamus and a Goat? How about a Monkey and a Dove? At the end of each book there is an animal list and a word phrase list. A great way to learn and understand a lil more about what they read about in the book. Better yet is the lesson that good friends come in all ...more
Kelly
Jun 25, 2012 Kelly rated it really liked it
This is a great book for children to read with their parents! It's a quick read with some adorable pictures (can you saw 'Awww'?). I found it gave enough information without being too overwhelming and it held my attention for the few minutes it took me to read. Ms. Holland has 3 books in this little 'series'. These are definitely worth checking out!
Kate Hastings
Grades K-3. RL 680. Real stories of unusual animal friendships. Stories left me wanting for more details-- not the depth of stories like Owen and Mzee. But easier text makes them accessible to transitional readers. They will be well received.
Isabella Woodard
Feb 26, 2015 Isabella Woodard rated it it was amazing
I liked it because it was interesting. it was interesting because it had two animals together and I never knew that animals could be so together, sometimes like a lion and a rabbit, we don't think they could be together, but that book said they could.
Ulrike Böhm
Hübsche Geschichten über außergewöhnliche Tierfreundschaften, für Kinder gut geeignet. Nur die Fotos hätten ein wenig größer sein können.
Wendy Kuzma
Wendy Kuzma rated it really liked it
May 10, 2012
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Char Ingram
Char Ingram rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2012
Jeffry Weiss
Jeffry Weiss rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Alyson
Alyson rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Kim Enderle
Kim Enderle rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
M
M rated it did not like it
Dec 23, 2014
Erica
Erica rated it it was ok
Feb 29, 2016
Donna K
Donna K rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Delisusanti
Delisusanti rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Miss Melissa
Miss Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2012
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2015
Kamryn
Kamryn rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2014
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2015
Chandra
Chandra rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Samantha Plotkin
Samantha Plotkin rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Erika
Erika rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Andrea Labonte
Andrea Labonte rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2016