Good For You (Between the Lines, #3)

Good For You (Between the Lines #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  10,794 ratings  ·  676 reviews
Reid Alexander's celebrity life is an open book. Every relationship, every error in judgment is analyzed by strangers. His latest mistake totaled his car, destroyed a house and landed him in the hospital. As his PR team works overtime to salvage his image, one thing is clear—this is one predicament he won’t escape without paying for it.

Dori Cantrell is a genuine humanitari...more
Published December 15th 2011 (first published December 14th 2011)

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEffortless by S.C. StephensLove Unscripted by Tina ReberWhere She Went by Gayle Forman
I'm a Celebrity. Love me!
15th out of 412 books — 1,337 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenEasy by Tammara WebberAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsFlat-Out Love by Jessica ParkOn the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
TO DIE FOR 2000 - 2015 STAND-ALONES
47th out of 1,205 books — 4,008 voters

More lists with this book...

Tammara
Dec 16, 2011 Tammara marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm the author of this YA-M/New Adult novel, the third book in the Between the Lines series.
Fred
This review won't contain any "spoilers," with respect to this book, but it does assume familiarity with the characters and events of the two previous books in the series, so it may be mildly spoilerish with respect to them.

This third book picks up where "Where You Are" leaves off. Reid is at somewhat of a personal nadir after the unsettling events on the night of the premiere of School Pride. He even gets uncharacteristically introspective, wondering what makes Emma think there's something more...more
Abbi Glines
Adored this book. I have a thing for bad boys and this book gives one of my favorite bad boys a chance at finally finding happiness. I couldn't put it down. Dori is perfect for Reid Alexander. She is everything he isn't and watching him fall makes it all the more sweeter. Although I've loved all the books in this series Good For You is my absolute favorite.
Janelle
Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Welcome back, Reid, let's hang out for a while.

After crashing his car into a home while driving drunk, Reid reports for mandatory community service building a new home for the family whose home he destroyed. His on-site supervisor is none other than relentless do-gooder Dori Cantrell. The two bicker and spar while fighting their undeniable attraction to one another.

All the things that intrigued me about Reid in Between the Lines are in full effect in Good For...more
Jona Romulo
I really love this book and I didn't expect it to be this good.
I admit it took me a long time to finally read it since I hated Reid in the first and second book! He's bad and a jerk most of the time.
But I'm so glad I decided to read it, it made me love Reid and I'm happy that I gave him a second chance. It's really true, every bad person really deserves a second chance. :)

I liked Doris, I can say that she's perfect for Reid. They are very different from each other, having the opposite lives. Dor...more
Karla
Excellent! Wow, Reid Alexander…where to begin. In last 2 books he had less than stellar behavior and was the consummate bad-boy of Hollywood. Even though I never cared much for his actions, I always felt that there was good inside him just waiting to come out and he gave us a glimpse of that at the end of the last book, or I should say Tammara Webber did. This time his behavior damn near killed him and bought him some time doing community service, and into the life of Dori Cantrell. At first I w...more
Kristi Davis
This was the perfect ending to this series! I loved the whole thing!
Melissa
LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!! Never thought I would ever learn to love Reid and WOW. FANTASTIC!!

I read this book for the first time on Dec 20, 2011 and then again on January 16th, 2012. Yep its definitely a multiple-reader :)
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
I have loved Reid, who stole a piece of my ❤, throughout this series. I was dying for him to have his HEA and I was NOT disappointed!! Yes his behaviour in the previous books haven't been all that great (understatement I know!!) but he has this little boy lost quality - a vulnerability that is so endearing and when teamed with his bad boy gorgousness how can you NOT fall for him??!!

In this story Reid has a car crash whilst driving under the influence. He has his day in court and ends up having t...more
Stacia (out of inspiration)
3.5 stars. I'm so happy that the second half of this book took a turn for the better because I almost wrote off Good For You as being a weak finish to an otherwise cute series.

It's not that the first half of the book was bad or even slow. I had no problem sailing through the book and enjoyed the read. This author has a writing style that's easy to get into. My frustration came from feeling like I had lost Reid somewhere along the way. Maybe it was just the new setting. I was used to Reid's pers...more
Karla (Reads and Thoughts)
After the release his current movie School Pride and being dumped by his former love team on the said movie, Reid believes that "The best way to get over someone, is to get under another one." so as usual, he finds himself partying and hooking up with other girls. But a night could certainly change everything. His latest mistake was drunk-driving ruining a house and his very own car. After the incident he finds himself doing community service to clear his image to the public. The one who was in...more
Zizz
ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE READS.

Good For You was one of the first books I tackled when I began to read again last year. This quickly became a favorite of mine as I fell in love with Tammara Webber's writing genius and Dori and Reid's journey. At that time, I didn't do so much reviews in Goodreads but I love this book so much that I want to re-write this review and try to do this brilliant book justice.

Fast forward - almost 300 books later - Good For You remains a top favorite. Some books ent...more
Jenn

Hands down, my favorite book of the series. Tammara Webber, you are my hero.

description

It’s no secret that I love Reid. From the beginning of the series, he just stood out to me. Yes, he was an egotistical, self-centered ass, but there was just something about him that drew me in. In Good For You, we get a Reid who has pretty much hit rock bottom. After a late night of partying, he crashes his brand new Porsche into a h...more
Patience B
Okay, finally, Reid's book. I have to admit going into this book I didn't have high hopes for him. So far through the series he's been a colossal jerk, complete with the belief that he is God's gift. He drinks, he indulges in drugs and he sleeps with anything that moves. Given this description you kind of wonder where Emma saw that he could be a better person.

The opening sentence really doesn't help his case. In the beginning of the book he's the Reid that we all know and grudgingly love, grudg...more
Aimee Salter
And Tammara Webber officially brings it HOME!

I can't say enough good things about this book. I read the entire series in a few days. Having adored the first two books, opening the first pages of this one had me bouncing with anticipation.

When I realized we'd be spending a lot of time with an entirely new character, I was initially disappointed. But that only lasted 5 or 10 pages. By the end, this had become my favorite book of the trilogy.

For the record, the character arc of Reid Alexander (thr...more
April Brookshire
Well, Reid finally turned into a real boy!

I thought the personality change from horrible human being to humanitarian was realistic, but I wish Dori (poor thing's name is Dorcas) could've have been a more interesting character. I really, really liked her sister, Deb, so it's a bummer that she didn't get her happily ever after. I would've liked a run-in with Colin while Dori and Reid were on the town together, that would've been interesting.

This was really good, but I still like book 1 best.

SPOI...more
Tasha
I will start by saying, I have always had a soft spot for Reid, even in his super jerk-moments! In all 3 books my heart broke for the Alexander family, but mostly for little boy inside of Reid. And the sweetness he was so afraid to show anyone, until Dori come along. She gave him something worth fighting for. I loved her too! I am going to have to reread this book, because I rushed the entire thing; just wanting Reid to have his HEA. My excitement for this book's release was will worth the wait!...more
Katina
Fantastic!!! I loved this book! I swear I didn't think I was going to feel anything but mild interest in anything that had to do with Reid. Boy, was I wrong. This was the best of all three books in my opinion. I loved it. I feel as if I'm cheating on Graham, but, I think Reid is giving him a run for his money. Dori was a great character too and I can't wait to read what's in store for all of them in the final book.
Laura YA indie princess
I have been waiting soooo long to read "Good For You" and it didn't let me down. I have to say this is my favourite in the series which is a huge shock to me as I have never been a fan of Reid but I loved this new side to him that we see in "Good For You" and his relonship with Dori was amazing I hope book #4 of the Between The Lines series see's more of these two.
Lindsey Rae
I was a little unsure going into this. I loved book two, because I loved Emma and Graham.. but the first two books made me absolutely despise Reid. He was such a horrible person. But with a little (re: a lot) of pushing from my friend Jess, I went forth and read. OMG I'm so glad she pushed me.

This book was definitely the best book of the series. Reid completely redeemed himself and I completely fell in love with him. He learned so much - and I think this series was truly about him. All his expe...more
Jess
Reid Alexander is one of Hollywood's hottest A-list actors, and he is in a world of hurt. After a drunk driving accident that landed him in the hospital and a month of community service rebuilding the house he destroyed in the process, he is angry and just biding his time.

That is until he meets Dorie Cantrell, lead worker on the Habitat for Humanity project to which he's been assigned. Dori is everything read isn't -- a good, Christian girl with a selfless, do-good heart. And yet, with a little...more
Jane Stewart
This is first person. I felt like I was reading the diary of a whiny teenager.

“I want him to kiss me, I mustn’t let him.” After he kisses her she refuses to let a repeat happen. She accepts a date and then says to herself “What have I done?” After they fall for each other she breaks up with him because she fears she’ll be hurt in the future. She fears it won’t last. This is how most of the book felt to me. This is New Adult. A lot of readers like this kind of thing. It’s mostly emotional angst....more
Jalyn
Brief summary
Reid Alexander has to do community service for crashing his car into someone's home while under the influence. He's assigned to help Habitat for Humanity build a new home for the people who no longer have a place to live thanks to him.

Dori volunteers her time to help build homes with Habitat for Humanity, she teaches her church's VBS, and wants to be a social worker. Oh, did I mention her father is a preacher? She's assigned the task of baby sitting Reid while he does his time for H...more
Kim
Hehe quite a nice read that left me giggling long after reaching the end of the book. This book is one of those with a really ordinary plot but actually executes. Which is great, really, since I thought I was done with shallow chick-lit.
Afterthoughts: I love the author's realistic writing which actually makes even the most non-gullible readers believe that even the most ordinary and plain people stand a chance against hotshots.
And a guy willing to change for the love of his life - omigosh, how...more
carole
So, I'm pretty sure fans of the first 2 books are going to be a little skeptical like I was about this one, a whole book about Reid Alexander didn't seem appealing. But, I love Tammara and her books and when she sent me a copy (which I am so thankful that she did) I started it as soon as I had the chance and I finished it in record time (one sitting) loving every beautiful, and paint splattered, moment. I want everyone to know, it's by far my favorite book of the series!

The contrast between Reid...more
Kayleigh
Is it legal to marry a book? If it is then i'm getting married in about 5 minutes when I finish this review.
I LOVED this book. Like really LOVED it.
When I finished the second book "Where You Are" I was super excited to read more about Emma, Graham and Reid. When I went to purchase the third book I found out that it was about Reid and a girl that hadn't been introduced yet. I love Reid. Like a whole lot. But I really wanted to hear more about Emma and Graham too. However I saw a review and this...more
Jessica
Erin
A whole entire book about Reid Alexander?? That is exactly what I thought when I read what this book was about. Sure, he had begun to redeem himself at the end of Where You Are, but he still wasn't my favorite character. I had grown to like him, but I wasn't sure that I wanted to read an entire book about him. I am so glad I went against my better judgement and read it!! This book was probably my favorite of all 3. Though, I still love them all!!
We are introduced to Dori Cantrell in this book....more
Stephanie
How... how did you make me fall in love with Reid, Webber? REID!
I admit that my extreme frustration with him all the way back in BtL stemmed from the fact that I WANTED to like him so much and he just kept assing it up. Then in WYA I resigned to the fact that he was just the way he was and maybe someday would stop being such a douche. But I am actually completely in love with this guy who came out of GFY and I ... I am stunned.
At first I was bothered by the fact that this book was giving me ze...more
I was not expecting to like this book - because I'm not a huge Reid fan. In fact, when I found out that the series was going to center around Reid - I was upset. I decided to listen to it just on audiobook - rather than read it first and listen to the audio version after.

I have to say, by the end of the book - this was probably my favorite of the entire series. I am just SO happy with how Reid is growing throughout these books. I finally REALLY like him and I finally feel like he has become an a...more
Would I have to read all 3 books to read the 4th one? 9 65 Aug 05, 2013 05:31PM
  • Slow Twitch (Brenna Blixen, #3)
  • What a Boy Needs (What a Boy Wants, #2)
  • My Heart for Yours (My Heart for Yours, #1)
  • Thomas & January (Sleepless, #2)
  • The Accidental TV Star
  • Making You Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #5)
  • Vicious Circles (Wrong Reasons, #2)
  • Snapshot (The Jamieson Collection, #2)
  • Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)
  • Shatter (Seaside, #3)
  • The Unofficial Zack Warren Fan Club
  • Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
  • Remember When 2: The Sequel (Remember Trilogy, #2)
  • Flat-Out Matt (Flat-Out Love, #1.5)
  • Fusion (The Patrick Chronicles, #2)
  • A Little Less Girl
  • That Boy (That Boy, #1)
Author of Breakable, Easy, and the Between the Lines series.

I'm a former undergraduate academic advisor, married to my high school sweetheart, mother to three adult children and four very immature cats.

Please check my blog for book updates. If you have questions, I have an FAQ tab there, with a public email address listed for anything not covered. :)
More about Tammara Webber...
Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1) Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) Where You Are (Between the Lines, #2) Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4) Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)

“There are a million ways to lose someone you love.” 154 likes
“When you finally figure out what you really want, everything else pales in comparison.” 82 likes