Start by marking “Colloquial Slovak: The Complete Course for Beginners” as Want to Read:
Colloquial Slovak: The Complete Course for Beginners

Colloquial Slovak: The Complete Course for Beginners

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Colloquial Slovak is easy to use and is specially written by experienced teachers for self-study or class use. The course offers you a step-by-step approach to written and spoken Slovak. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
What makes Colloquial Slovak your best choice in personal language learning?
* interactive - lots of dialogues and exercises for regular prac
Published June 18th 2003 by Routledge (first published December 26th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Colloquial Slovak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colloquial Slovak

Alicia
This series is a great way to learn a language organically, as you listen to and imitate quick speech and common language. The lessons proceed in order of grammatical difficulty and do not attempt to explain too many rules at once, focusing instead on hearing the rules in the context of the dialogues.

The only reason I can't give this five stars is because Slovak is so fucking difficult. You'd be crazy to try to learn it.
Felicia Latoya Brown
I have yet to find an adequate book for learning Slovak. I thought this would be in with it's audio CD's and the reviews I read, but the context of each chapter bounces around. There doesn't seem to be any flow to any of the chapters which makes comprehension a little more difficult. For instance there could be a short paragraph about a specific preposition in one section, but the rest of the details for it isn't until several chapters. I found myself flipping around trying to find connections a ...more
Tyler
While this states it as being written for beginners, it is nothing of the like. Had I not known other Slavic languages before reading this I would have been lost by the third chapter. Instead I was lost by the sixth chapter...
Andrei Voitenko
Andrei Voitenko marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Daniela Abas
Daniela Abas marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Taryn
Taryn is currently reading it
Nov 17, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Amy Ho
Amy Ho marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Mary Brown
Mary Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Manoj
Manoj added it
Sep 28, 2014
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Arnaud Bretz
Arnaud Bretz marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Nikhil Shanbhag
Nikhil Shanbhag marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Jared Sanborn
Jared Sanborn marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2012
Colee B
Colee B marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
Kristie
Kristie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2012
Steve
Steve added it
Jan 28, 2009
David
David added it
Nov 12, 2008
Goodreads Librari...: Page Numbers 2 16 Aug 05, 2013 11:43AM
Czech: An Essential Grammar Colloquial Czech: The Complete Course for Beginners Yoluma and the King WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE PECORDS Colloquial Slovak (eBook And MP3 Pack): The Complete Course for Beginners (Colloquial Series)