Start by marking “The Solomon Key ” as Want to Read:
The Solomon Key

The Solomon Key

The Puppet Masters are ready to usher in their prophesied utopia - a future world the rest of us won't be around to see, though we support their global efforts to enslave us believing that we will. But when the missing piece of their diabolical puzzle is discovered by archeologists, their end game is out of the bag... Except that the ancient relic has fallen into the hands ...more
Published December 12th 2011 by createspace (first published December 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Solomon Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Solomon Key

Karen
Mar 23, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
This is not a book for casual readers who don't want a lot of deep and historical facts and information in their story. Mr. Hopkins weaves a truly spectacular mystery, adventure story revolving around a mystical ring discovered in the Middle East. In the not to distant future the United States of America as such no longer exists and a New World Order is gaining a stronger hold world wide. When our hero Matthew Scott gets involved in the intrigue you truly do not just who is the 'good guy' and ...more
Ghostleegirl
Mar 27, 2012 Ghostleegirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Just wow. I have to say that I did enjoy this... It was action packed and full of plot twists and turns. It didn't let up for a minute. Sometimes it even seemed to move a little too fast, (if that's possible!)

The main character is a tortured soul who really doesn't seem to believe in much of anything. But after being drawn into a web of intrigue he is able to find some peace that seems to be eluding him. At times it got a little confusing, there were so many players and everyone was after t
Dfcrafter
Sep 23, 2012 Dfcrafter rated it it was amazing
if you are addicted to New World Order and what is "really" going on in the world, then Read This Book. Kept me in its grasp from beginning to end. Connecting the dots between ancient Jerusalem and the present/future world.
The question is, Who is really running the world and where are they taking us!
Harold
Nov 09, 2015 Harold rated it liked it
Really 2 1/2 stars. Every so often I have to read something like this. Escapist, light, really easy reading. Tons of action, tons of loose ends. I almost gave up on it but it grabbed me enough to keep me going, often just to see if I was right about the next "twist." I usually was. The theology, history and even the plot get tangled enough to make it nonsensical but somehow entertaining. I couldn't resist putting it on my craparootie shelf, but it's likable craparootie.

Bill Davis
Aug 14, 2013 Bill Davis rated it it was ok
A convoluted mish mash of a story.
Tamra LeValley
Aug 12, 2013 Tamra LeValley rated it liked it
Action-Packed, Futuristic, Biblical Thriller. A man in hiding because of the atrocious acts he had performed for his country while serving in the CIA has him back in action once again. Although there is no more United States of America because it has become a One World Order does not mean that everyone is living in peace and harmony. It is the exact opposite. The religions are still trying to win the world and it seems that it will happen sooner that anyone thought because God has left the door ...more
Larry B Gray
Jan 11, 2013 Larry B Gray rated it it was amazing
If you like high drama and an action pack thriller your will love The Solomon Key by Shawn Hopkins. This pre-apocalyptic novel will keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next twist to the plot.

I really like the way Shawn Hopkins developed the characters. Each character was both believable and easy to identify with. I like a book where it is hard to tell who the good guys vs. the bad guys ultimately are. It will keep you guessing and wanting more.

The storyline was well developed and e
Jane
Sep 01, 2012 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It is very rare that I give a book a 5 star rating, but this one deserves it. The Solomon Keyheld me in it's grasp from beginning to end. I didn't want to put it down to cook or clean, or even sleep (though I reluctantly did so).

Mr. Hopkins takes us both backwards in time to the First Kingdom of Israel, and forward to what may be the end of America as we know it all based on Biblical prophesy and arcane practices of secret societies. Caught up between these two is a man, a good man, who is tryin
Craig Mcnaughton
Mar 02, 2015 Craig Mcnaughton rated it it was ok
Sorry. This story just went on and on, adding more occult and secret society mystery without ever bringing it all together. For all the research that was obviously done for this book, the result is just not that interesting.
Shirley Sexton
Aug 22, 2015 Shirley Sexton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

If you've easily bored with research you won't like it. The plot is good and would make a good movie. There is a lot of research tho.
Herb
Nov 06, 2013 Herb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shawn Hopkins delivers an action packed thriller with the best of them.

I love the flow of his prose and how naturally he delivers the written word. Historical details were good but sometimes bogged down the story. As with "The Progeny", fact checking always leads to interesting details. You always learn a great deal with this authors books.

All-in-all a romp to the possible future of mankind in the end-times that makes you say hmmmm. I would recommend this to biblical fiction buffs as well as h
Cynthia Hawk-souppa
Aug 24, 2013 Cynthia Hawk-souppa rated it it was amazing
THIS STORY HAS IT ALL...conspiracy theories abound and this Author coalesces them into an intricate web...he joins the question of aliens, government cover-ups, religion, and the meaning of human existence into a beautiful story of redemption. This book drove me to look up house resolution 33 and to seek more knowledge on other conpiracies covered. I looked up francis bacon and others striving for more...Great book.
Jay
Aug 08, 2012 Jay rated it really liked it
This book was almost awesome. I say almost because it was filled with non-stop action...but was confusing at many points in the book. This is partly due to not knowing much of anything about the history of Jews and Israel. I found myself being overwhelmed with information to process and had to re-read a lot to be able to comprehend it a bit better. Other than that...the action is sooo amazing in this book and totally surprised me coming from a Christian thriller.
Curavius Curavius
Jan 06, 2016 Curavius Curavius rated it it was amazing
It's not for the ordinary nonsensical reader. A truly learned reader with a foundation in history and archaeology will appreciate the depth of research behind this book. That being said, the characters are well developed and the main plot is interspersed with interesting twists and sub-plots. A must read for the genuine intellectual reader.
Brian Webb
Dec 07, 2013 Brian Webb rated it it was ok
Glen Beck - One World Government - Ultra Right Christian - conspiracy wet dream - fan fiction. It reads okay but the exposition consists largely of conspiracy theist buzzwords that don't connect well if looked at closely.

That being said, it's not a book that I regret reading. It was fast-paced enough to make the holes less noticeable and was interesting enough in places.
Bob Desplinter
Aug 25, 2013 Bob Desplinter rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. One of the few that I could not put down. It was interesting how it build a possible future if we don't change our path. Ranks up there with Brave New World and 1984. Some very good research and eye opening.

Some of the passages of the books or diary he is reading drags. (Reason for only 4 stars).

I would highly recommend the book to friends and others.
Karen Azinger
May 29, 2014 Karen Azinger rated it it was ok
I usually really like this type of book, but unfortunately I found this to be poorly written, poorly plotted, just a hodgepodge of historical references. I found myself skim-reading large sections hoping to find a reason to keep reading. In the end, nothing really happened, nothing really mattered. Very disappointing.
Lawrence
Dec 29, 2014 Lawrence rated it liked it
This was an definitely action packed story. At the end, though, I couldn't really decide what to consider it. Was it it a one world government conspiracy, an end times story, a archeological artifact mystery, or something else? Lots of elements I could enjoy, but when I finished I was left thinking "Hmm.". Didn't leave a bad taste, just that it didn't somehow come together quite right.
Amy
Aug 27, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
I made it about two thirds of the way through this book. It started out interesting but the further in I got the more confusing it became for me. Too many plot lines and references. So on to the next book.
Alistair
Sep 17, 2013 Alistair rated it it was ok
I liked the action parts of the book and the switching scenes from history to future. My problem with this story was the sometimes too long historical parts, guess I'm not really that kind of reader...
Julie
Sep 18, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
I liked this story. Lots of religious history, kind of like a Dan Brown story. Though the hero doesn't know what's going on in that respect, he does keep trying to figure it out. There were a lot of confusing (to me) tangents, but overall a very enjoyable read.
Jessica
May 17, 2015 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very abrupt end

The book started out really good but the rest seemed really rushed with no real ending. It went from very action packed with lots of unanswered questions to hers and end but nothing is resolved
Linda Anders
Jan 09, 2014 Linda Anders rated it liked it
Another book with a good concept but poorly executed. I found myself skipping huge chunks of text that would have been fine as the author's research but had no place in the story. I very rarely skip pages!
Michael Watson
Feb 25, 2015 Michael Watson rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent read. It's a religious thriller revolving around locating two artifacts, conflicting factions, a conspiracy, and those intent on a New World Order. Well researched and well paced. I highly recommend it as your next book to read.
Oct 20, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. Along with the hunt/chase for mythic artifacts, there was also the message of faith in God. It was refreshing to find a story that encompassed both.
Jan
Aug 25, 2013 Jan rated it liked it
Interesting book. Lots of food for thought -- glad he had a bibliography at the end! And -- I'm interested in reading another of his books now.
Mark Gunnell
Average. The story was a little rough and didn't seem to flow very well. I struggled to finish this book.
Meg Smith
Mar 14, 2015 Meg Smith rated it it was ok
Lots of violence in this futuristic view of life...becoming one world country....Biblical references and many religions trying to acquire he same object but with different expectations
Ross Vidal
Dec 12, 2014 Ross Vidal rated it really liked it
This book will have you believing in conspiracies with the parallels it draws with true historical accuracy. A truly interesting read.
Eric
Eric rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Never Born (Locus Origin, #1)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
  • Freaks of Greenfield High (Freaks, #1)
  • Synthetic: Dark Beginning
  • The Locksmith (Mindjack Origins #5)
  • The Messiah Matrix
  • A Month with Werewolves (A Month with Werewolves #1)
  • Feed
  • We Never Lost Hope: A Holocaust Memoir and Love Story
  • Transcender: First-Timer (Transcender, #1)
  • The Beast Within (The Elite, #1)
  • Covert (Betrayed, #2.5)
  • The Prodigal Hour
  • Child of Silence (Bo Bradley, #1)
  • Curbchek
  • 50 Fitness Tips You Wish You Knew
  • Work 2.0. Nowhere to Hide
  • Blue Haired Alien Girlfriend
Not bound by any particular genre, Hopkins' stories range from giants and seagulls to Russian spies and the Bermuda Triangle! He lives in Pennsylvania with his wife and daughters and is currently working on the third installment of the Progeny series. For a taste of his humor and horror, grab the free novella, Seagull Summer!
More about Shawn Hopkins...