Start by marking “Secrets of a Webcam Girl” as Want to Read:
Secrets of a Webcam Girl

Secrets of a Webcam Girl

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Published (first published December 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of a Webcam Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of a Webcam Girl

Lisa Wightman
This book was very flat. I didn't feel like it was written by a real person, describing real events, very hollow. There was also a lot of repetition, where descriptions of people were given 2 or even 3 times, it's a short read and my memory's not that bad! I expected a sort of expose of the sex industry and I don't really think I know more than I did from reading newspapers and magazine articles. Bit boring to be honest.
Jessica Jubb
I found it hard to put this book down... Not something I expected to enjoy but I had never had much knowledge on sex work and this was an interesting and funny read.
Marina
Learned a lot about [spoiler alert!!] ---------------> body-rub girls... didn't even know what they were before, have never even heard of the profession. I mean, I know they exist, I just didn't know what they were called. It's an interesting insight into the life, though I'd like to have read more about the life of a webcam girl (which was only probably the first 1/5 (maybe less) of the book. I'm sure there would've been more interesting stories/issues there too if the person stayed in the w ...more
Wanda
This is my third sex trade memoir book, and probably my favorite so far. Annabelle Baxter is extremely candid about working as a webcam girl who transitions to erotic massuese due to the crappy economy. I like that she was very detailed about the actual business side of things, and she also shared many of her thoughts and feelings. She's also hilarious. When I read, "If ejaculate were rainbow-colored or flecked with sparkles, there might be something worthy to look at. To me, it looked like a ru ...more
Sam Woodfield
I downloaded this book for my Kindle as it was free and I thought it might be an interesting memoir as per 'A Secret Diary of a Callgirl'. However, I was disappointed as it really wasn't.
The book is a memoir of the authors journey from Real Estate Agent, to on-lie stripper and then body rub provider. It tells quite graphic tales of some of the clients requests and the authors experiences of providing services to the men who paid to visit.
So why was this disappointing? Because it gave very little
Matt Kelland
Sex worker memoirs tend to fit into one of three categories.

The expose. Oh, how horrible it all is, if only people knew.
Pride. I like what I do, and I make good money. Don't judge me.
Contempt. All these guys are sad, but I'll take their money. It's a job.

This is one of the third category. It's emotionless, and just a chronicle of encounters made to seem as pedestrian as possible. It's not an interesting read except as an insight into how someone becomes jaded.
Nancy Bout
Second book on sex trade memoir and this was a very easy fast read.the writer is smart,witty!
I enjoyed this book & it opened my eyes to what happens in massage Parlors w happy endings lol!
Bottom line it was good,she added a nice touch of humor which is what I really enjoyed!!
Madeline
I didn't like this book and I didn't finish it.

I saw this book on the counter of an Airport book shop. God knows I take all my good reading cues from what airports think I should read. But I was taken in by the glossy cover with the artfully posed half naked woman in black and white. It screamed classy titillation in keeping with the work of Belle De Jour. However, this book just made what should have been juicy bland. Each chapter was an anecdote, and by about halfway through, I could barely r
Doug Vanderweide
This is quite a vivid book, no details missed. I was curious as to what it might entail, so I gave it a shot. It actually surprised me in a good way.

Annabelle Baxter is a young woman living in the Rockies, trying to find steady income. After searching high and low, she stumbles upon an online ad for web cam girls. At first she plays it safe with just recruiting men, but after seeing where the real money lies, quickly moves up in the business. From there, she only delves deeper into the erotic jo
Kay Bolton
This is another one of my Daily Selection of Free Kindle Downloads on Amazon (DSOA) from way back in March 2013, yes I am that far behind!

Originally I was interested in it as a part of the reference reading for my own novel, which has a high erotica content, and thought that it might be the usual full on but trite offerings that are so often seen.

I was totally, and happily wrong, it was so well written and very interesting. The Author gave a reasoned and entertaining view of her rise to, and lif
Helen Stothard
I bought this originally as I was doing some research for a client I was working with.

This book made me cringe, it made me laugh out loud and it made me sad.

The book is actually very little to do with being a webcam girl but more about being a massage girl, apparently an illegal operation in the USA.

The authors descriptions of some of her clientelle are so well written you'd think you were in the same room, and that's why you'll cringe.

It's not what I'd call an erotic read, it certainly wouldn't
LeeAnn S
can be very flat, peters out at the end, occasionally ignorant, but generally smart, informative and fascinating.
Alicia Mikulandra
A real eye opener. Very easy to read. I enjoyed reading it right from the first page.
Hannah
I downloaded this as it was free and I enjoy true life stories. Anna is very likeable smart funny and always straight forward and honest about what she does and what led to her doing what she does. A fairly short read good for picking up on those days when you only have ten minutes here or there to dip into a book.
Becky
This is the first memoir book I've read so I didn't know what to expect.
It was like the tv series Secret Diary of a Call Girl, which I loved, but without the sex as Anna is a webcam girl who moves into the world of body rubs to make more money.
It was a quick easy read and an eye opener into the sex industry.
Danielle Uhlman
I enjoyed this one. There are definitely some strange ones out there! I guess different "strokes" for different folks fits the bill!
Amy
Aug 06, 2012 Amy added it
i loved this book it was something thats abit differant to what i normally read and was a good book the pages turned themselves
Mazmum
I would have liked more background on her before she started doing the camerawork.
Georgie Zonneveld
Was alright, real easy read and interesting to see a glimpse into that kind of world.
Ronnie Jacobs
Really enjoyed this memoir. Made me giggle I rather a lot of places. Good book
Andie Long
If you like Belle de Jour you'll enjoy this. Fascinating!
Jules Mitchell
was surprised that i actually liked this.
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Jan 20, 2015
  • Men-ipulation (The Men Wars, #1)
  • Crimes Of Josef Fritzl
  • Stoned, Naked, and Looking in My Neighbor's Window: The Best Confessions from GroupHug.us
  • Intimacy: How to Get More of It
  • How People Tick: A Guide to Over 50 Types of Difficult People and How to Handle Them
  • The Secrets to Ebook Publishing Success
  • I Think I'm OK
  • Script Kiddie (Assured Destruction #2)
  • No Kids: 40 Good Reasons Not to Have Children
  • Open Book : the life and death of Amy Winehouse
  • The Road Through Wonderland: Surviving John Holmes
  • The Apostle : A Life of Paul
  • The Girl Nobody Wants - A Shocking True Story of Child Abuse in Ireland
  • Married at Fourteen: A True Story
  • My Prison Without Bars: The Journey of a Damaged Woman to Someplace Normal
  • The Five Kisses (Sweet Deception Regency #1)
  • Susanna and the Spy