Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1)

Worth the Scandal (Worth It #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,933 ratings  ·  149 reviews

"Strictly business? Try telling that to her heart..."

"Worth It, Book 1"

Alexander Worth, President and CEO of Worth Luxury Goods, is a man never to be crossed. His unwavering sense of responsibility to the family business requires him to always be in complete and utter control. Until it comes to Tessa Crawford.

She's quietly professional, shy, voluptuous...and she works fo

Published March 20th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

Beautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenThe Proposal by Katie AshleyTangled by Emma ChaseThe Proposition by Katie AshleyMotorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
Erotic Office Romances
26th out of 99 books — 191 voters
The Billionaire Wins the Game by Melody AnneMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesChasing Justice by Danielle  Stewart
Summer List
250th out of 446 books — 415 voters

More lists with this book...

Lynn
Jan 06, 2013 Lynn added it
Shelves: not-my-thing
Kindle freebie

This book was not for me. A lot of people liked it (evidenced by the reviews that persuaded me) so read the reviews and decide if this is the type of thing you enjoy. You might like it. I, however, did not enjoy it. At all. Below are my reasons. Use it to help you make an informed choice about whether this might be a good book fit for you.

I thought the hero was a huge jerk and the heroine came across as a spineless wimp. It enrages me when a hero treats a woman poorly but all is fo...more
Guilty Pleasures
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

Worth the Scandal is the first book in the Worth It series by Karen Erickson and it looks very promising. I can tell you right now I will definitely be looking for the other two books in the series to read about the other two Worth brothers. The first story is about Alexander Worth, CEO of Worth Luxury Goods and oldest brother of the family. He took his family’s company and made it into a very solvent international company with stores all over Europ...more
Beate
I am beyond ecstatic that my introduction to Karen Erickson was this book. Other than a few, random typos and grammar mistakes, I fell completely in love with this book and the characters.

Alex guards his heart like a hawk, not letting anyone come near it. That is, until he meets Tessa, who knocks him right off his feet. Being a typical male, and very set in his ways, he takes basically forever to thaw and let Tessa in. If I'm to point out one problem with this book, is that we don't get enough b...more
Anna-Novelbroads.com
This book was a major disappointment for me! I LOVE Karen’s books so much. Her Fated series was so good as were quite a few others I’ve read. When I heard about this book I immediately put in on my tbr list and I bought the day it released. Now I wish I hadn’t because the whole entire book made me so mad.

Alex is rude, harsh and totally self absorbed and he was the biggest jerk to poor little Tessa. He would start something with her only to completely shut her out just minutes later, without fini...more
Renee
Ok, now I love/hate Alexander Worth! What a great story full of emotional turmoil and conflict at every turn. Alex really tries to do the right thing but just is not very skilled in the care and handling of a serious relationship; and - - he is in denial.

Tessa wants to keep her job as Alex's assistant but loses a little piece of her heart to him every day. Her naivete is a little wearing at times, but you can't help but empathize with her. She does fare better than Alex by living somewhat vicari...more
Linda Sims
PLENTY OF CHEMISTRY

Alex worth head of Worth luxuary goods, has been attracted to his straight laced assistant Tessa Crawford, since she started working for him just over six months ago. At thirty five he was no stranger to getting what he wanted especially where women are concerned.

Tessa loves working for Alex Worth it's her dream job, and Alex is certainly dreamy. Tessa is organising his itinerary for an upcoming business trip to Europe. But Alex surprises her, he wants Tessa to go with him. Al...more
Jen
No, just...no! I refuse to be a part of the problem anymore. Run, Tessa, RUN!!! Your powerful CEO man, not quite a boyfriend but you love each other anyway boyfriend, is coming for answers. After he's been a douche of the highest order. Nothing good can come from that! Can it?

Yep, it's one of those.
Crystal
Are we sure this wasn't a throwback to the old Harlequin romances with titles like The Billionaire's Virgin __________(fill in the blank). Come on if your gonna resurrect "been there done that" at least make it fresh and somewhat believable.
Jen
Douchebag hero should've grovelled a hell of a lot more.
Terry

She's quietly professional, shy, voluptuous...and she works for him. Which means she is the one woman he must never touch, no matter how hard his gut twists with need for her.

This book was smokin' hawt!!! It has everything I could want. A super strong Apha bos...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Is getting involved with the boss worth the scandal?

To Alexander Worth, family and his family-built company mean everything. Anything else is just a necessary evil to get him through the days during business hours or the long lonely nights. Especially the meaningless women flitting in and out of his life mostly for appearances sake. The only bright spot to his days is his efficient and sweetly innocent secretary. Tessa's demure appear...more
Linda
Delightful contemporary Romance.
Alex Worth CEO of Worth Luxury Fashions is totally infatuated with his assistant and knows he should not pursue her , but he can not help himself. Tessa Crawford has been Alex Worth's assistant for months and daydreams about him, she can no seem to shake this girlish crush she has on him and now having to travel with him to Europe to attend grand - reopening of stores in Italy, France and London she believes it will be her greatest challenge not to fall even more...more
Amber Dupont
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read with some sexy moments and definitely a twist that keeps you engaged. Sometimes the covers bother me because I can't get the images of the people on the cover out of my head. I don't care for Alexander Worth based on the cover. If I had my way? Well he would look more like

description

and Tessa would look like:

[image error]

I just love happy endings. They are just so....
description
E_bookpushers
Kate
Picked this up when I needed something new to read. I really liked the first half of the book, I thought the tension was great and liked the curvy heroine. But about halfway through, everything went to hell. The hero accuses the heroine of stealing information from the company, based on flimsy evidence, and then we find out the heroine gives birth to a secret baby. It's like the author didn't know how to finish and picked out plot points from 80's ROMANCE 101. Disappointed.
Mackenzie
Head of Worth Industries, Alexander Worth works hard along side his brother Hunter to keep the company strong. He relies on his assistant Tessa Crawford to assist him. Unfortunately when she is around she is a distraction to him as he can't keep his eyes off her. Her professionalism is sometimes the only thing that keeps him away from her. Tessa has eyes only for him too but feels way beneath him. A trip overseas however breaks the wall between them and they begin a relationship that once back i...more
Christine
I enjoyed that the feelings were mutual between Alex and Tessa. The "I like him- but he doesn't see me." and "I like her but I shouldn't." situations. Yes, Alex was a fool but at least he realized it and made the changes he needed to fix the problem. I am glad Tessa did not wait and pine away for Alex that she went on with her life.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Katie(babs)
If you're into the hot CEO hero seducing his sweet and innocent executive assistant, this one is for you. Hot love scenes, although toward the end it falls into a cliche Harlequin Presents category.
Jenn
ok hands up who wanted to slap the brother??? ohhh MEMEMEME!!! but yes it was a wonderful story about love found and lost and found again well done Karen it was beautiful.
Jenny
This book was sexy and the love story was simply beautiful. I really cared about the characters and couldn't go to sleep without finishing reading it. Five stars for sure!
Snigdha Prakash
Just like a sweet modern-day Julia Quinn novel.
With a little bit too much of drama..but it was good.
A nice little one-day read.
C.S. Wilson
The HEA had me wiping happy tears from my face and I'm still snuffling.
Tanya Golemo
This was a great book. Can't wait to read the next 2 in the series!!
couldn't bring myself to continue after 175 pages
Minx Malone
I love books about sexy brothers :)
Free on amazon
Mashunda
Great book! ❤❤❤❤
Shirlyn Chin
One-this-is-purely-a-groveling-book-and-that-is-not-a-good-thing-star.

P.S. If you're a guy who, for whatever reason, is thinking of reading this book, I'm telling you: throw it away. You will end up having a heart attack from frustration and a bald head. Hell, I'm a female and I feel that way.

Let me start by saying that I am not a heartless bitch and I make a strict rule when reviewing a book: only give it one star if I have a real problem with the message of the book - meaning when one of/most...more
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • My Fair Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #1)
  • Playing at Forever
  • Hardball (Philadelphia Patriots, #2)
  • Running From Fate
  • The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington, #1)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • Contract Of Shame (Unlikely Love #2)
  • Beauty and the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #2)
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
  • Just the Way I Like It (The Bradfords, #3.5)
  • Good at Being Bad (Boys of Beachville, #1)
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
  • Lawful Escort (Eternal Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Little White Lies
  • California Man (Salt Spring Island Friends Trilogy, #1)
3198951
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes new adult romance as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page:

More about Karen Erickson...
Game for Marriage (Game for It, #1) Temporary Arrangement (The Renaldis, #0.5) Tempted by Her Boss (The Renaldis, #1) Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2) Forbidden (Playing With Fire, #1)