Start by marking “Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1)” as Want to Read:
Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1)

Worth the Scandal (Worth It #1)

3.75  ·  Rating Details ·  3,332 Ratings  ·  203 Reviews

"Strictly business? Try telling that to her heart..."

"Worth It, Book 1"

Alexander Worth, President and CEO of Worth Luxury Goods, is a man never to be crossed. His unwavering sense of responsibility to the family business requires him to always be in complete and utter control. Until it comes to Tessa Crawford.

She's quietly professional, shy, voluptuous...and she works fo

Published March 20th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth the Scandal

Lynn
Jan 06, 2013 Lynn added it
Shelves: not-my-thing
Kindle freebie

This book was not for me. A lot of people liked it (evidenced by the reviews that persuaded me) so read the reviews and decide if this is the type of thing you enjoy. You might like it. I, however, did not enjoy it. At all. Below are my reasons. Use it to help you make an informed choice about whether this might be a good book fit for you.

I thought the hero was a huge jerk and the heroine came across as a spineless wimp. It enrages me when a hero treats a woman poorly but all is fo
Christie«SHBBblogger»
Oct 28, 2016 Christie«SHBBblogger» marked it as amazon-freebie
DNF no rating

I was looking for some quick in-between arc reading and clearly I made the wrong choice.
Douchebag-doormat combo. I know when to throw in the towel.
Crystal
Are we sure this wasn't a throwback to the old Harlequin romances with titles like The Billionaire's Virgin __________(fill in the blank). Come on if your gonna resurrect "been there done that" at least make it fresh and somewhat believable.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

Worth the Scandal is the first book in the Worth It series by Karen Erickson and it looks very promising. I can tell you right now I will definitely be looking for the other two books in the series to read about the other two Worth brothers. The first story is about Alexander Worth, CEO of Worth Luxury Goods and oldest brother of the family. He took his family’s company and made it into a very solvent international company with stores all over Europ
Nika
Dec 19, 2014 Nika rated it did not like it
Shelves: just-no
hero is a douche and heroine a doormat. nothing new- he is super rich, she is a poor mouse... bla bla. the writing was ok. in severeal instances, the story would skip few details that would appear later and differently color the situation. but it was weird- like author forgot to mention it or they have an overzealous editor in the house.
Jenny
Aug 31, 2016 Jenny rated it it was amazing
This book was sexy and the love story was simply beautiful. I really cared about the characters and couldn't go to sleep without finishing reading it. However I adore a douchebag hero so be warned!
AnnaBanana
Aug 20, 2016 AnnaBanana rated it it was ok
This book was a major disappointment for me! I LOVE Karen’s books so much. Her Fated series was so good as were quite a few others I’ve read. When I heard about this book I immediately put in on my tbr list and I bought the day it released. Now I wish I hadn’t because the whole entire book made me so mad.

Alex is rude, harsh and totally self absorbed and he was the biggest jerk to poor little Tessa. He would start something with her only to completely shut her out just minutes later, without fini
Beate
Jan 14, 2013 Beate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, favorites
I am beyond ecstatic that my introduction to Karen Erickson was this book. Other than a few, random typos and grammar mistakes, I fell completely in love with this book and the characters.

Alex guards his heart like a hawk, not letting anyone come near it. That is, until he meets Tessa, who knocks him right off his feet. Being a typical male, and very set in his ways, he takes basically forever to thaw and let Tessa in. If I'm to point out one problem with this book, is that we don't get enough b
Renee
Jan 10, 2013 Renee rated it it was amazing
Ok, now I love/hate Alexander Worth! What a great story full of emotional turmoil and conflict at every turn. Alex really tries to do the right thing but just is not very skilled in the care and handling of a serious relationship; and - - he is in denial.

Tessa wants to keep her job as Alex's assistant but loses a little piece of her heart to him every day. Her naivete is a little wearing at times, but you can't help but empathize with her. She does fare better than Alex by living somewhat vicari
Linda Sims
Jan 10, 2013 Linda Sims rated it really liked it
PLENTY OF CHEMISTRY

Alex worth head of Worth luxuary goods, has been attracted to his straight laced assistant Tessa Crawford, since she started working for him just over six months ago. At thirty five he was no stranger to getting what he wanted especially where women are concerned.

Tessa loves working for Alex Worth it's her dream job, and Alex is certainly dreamy. Tessa is organising his itinerary for an upcoming business trip to Europe. But Alex surprises her, he wants Tessa to go with him. Al
Shasha
Jul 08, 2016 Shasha rated it liked it
3 stars!!!

Okay. Let's get straight to the point.

LIKES:
- I don't know, but it's just me. I kind of liked the concept - an alpha male and a shy innocent female. Perhaps the buzz about it being like FSOG had something to it. However, it's just rather me.

- I like the ending. I wish it didn't have to be a year long.

DISLIKES:

- The female is a doormat.
- The guy is way a bit over the top. And at one point, doesn't do well with reason.
- Guy couldn't handle blames & kinda quick to judge
- Guy's a bit
E_bookpushers
Paula Legate
Oct 07, 2016 Paula Legate rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
I was in the mood for a office romance, and this was perfect. It was Hot, and Spicy, and yet sweet at the same time. I see a lot of low rating, but I really enjoyed this one.

Tessa was the assistant for Alex worth. She was really good at her job. The chemistry was there from the beginning, but the two tried kept everything professional. That is until they went on a business trip together. That is when the book heated up. This one had surprises, twist and turns, and was worth the read.
Jen
Mar 22, 2013 Jen rated it it was ok
No, just...no! I refuse to be a part of the problem anymore. Run, Tessa, RUN!!! Your powerful CEO man, not quite a boyfriend but you love each other anyway boyfriend, is coming for answers. After he's been a douche of the highest order. Nothing good can come from that! Can it?

Yep, it's one of those.
Melanie♥
Very Harlequin Presents-esque story =)
Jen
Douchebag hero should've grovelled a hell of a lot more.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Is getting involved with the boss worth the scandal?

To Alexander Worth, family and his family-built company mean everything. Anything else is just a necessary evil to get him through the days during business hours or the long lonely nights. Especially the meaningless women flitting in and out of his life mostly for appearances sake. The only bright spot to his days is his efficient and sweetly innocent secretary. Tessa's demure appear
Terry
Oct 20, 2012 Terry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: terry-s-shelf

She's quietly professional, shy, voluptuous...and she works for him. Which means she is the one woman he must never touch, no matter how hard his gut twists with need for her.

This book was smokin' hawt!!! It has everything I could want. A super strong Apha bos
Linda
Delightful contemporary Romance.
Alex Worth CEO of Worth Luxury Fashions is totally infatuated with his assistant and knows he should not pursue her , but he can not help himself. Tessa Crawford has been Alex Worth's assistant for months and daydreams about him, she can no seem to shake this girlish crush she has on him and now having to travel with him to Europe to attend grand - reopening of stores in Italy, France and London she believes it will be her greatest challenge not to fall even more
Emily
President and CEO Alexander Worth is used to getting everything he wants, but the one thing he desires the most he cant have, his secretary Tessa Crawford. Alex knows nothing good could come from an affair, but when he is forced to bring Tessa along to launch on his new stores, the temptation is too irresistible to resist.

Tessa has had a crush on her boss from the beginning, she knows she is not his type nor would he ever look at her as anything other than one of his staff members. When Alex dro
Kate
Mar 26, 2012 Kate rated it it was ok
Picked this up when I needed something new to read. I really liked the first half of the book, I thought the tension was great and liked the curvy heroine. But about halfway through, everything went to hell. The hero accuses the heroine of stealing information from the company, based on flimsy evidence, and then we find out the heroine gives birth to a secret baby. It's like the author didn't know how to finish and picked out plot points from 80's ROMANCE 101. Disappointed.
Christine
Jan 07, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
I enjoyed that the feelings were mutual between Alex and Tessa. The "I like him- but he doesn't see me." and "I like her but I shouldn't." situations. Yes, Alex was a fool but at least he realized it and made the changes he needed to fix the problem. I am glad Tessa did not wait and pine away for Alex that she went on with her life.
Mlleelizabeth
Sep 28, 2013 Mlleelizabeth rated it really liked it
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Ashley
DNF

Worth the scandal? Perhaps. Worth my time? Nope!

The Heroine was a passive doormat who let the hero (a condescending, self-serving jerk) walk all over her. And it only took a few hours after they meet again a year after he hurt her for the woman to forgive him.

NOT an enjoyable read
Katie(babs)
May 01, 2012 Katie(babs) rated it liked it
If you're into the hot CEO hero seducing his sweet and innocent executive assistant, this one is for you. Hot love scenes, although toward the end it falls into a cliche Harlequin Presents category.
Jenn
Dec 31, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
ok hands up who wanted to slap the brother??? ohhh MEMEMEME!!! but yes it was a wonderful story about love found and lost and found again well done Karen it was beautiful.
Snigdha Prakash
Just like a sweet modern-day Julia Quinn novel.
With a little bit too much of drama..but it was good.
A nice little one-day read.
C.S. Wilson
Jan 06, 2013 C.S. Wilson rated it really liked it
The HEA had me wiping happy tears from my face and I'm still snuffling.
Minx Malone
Jan 15, 2013 Minx Malone rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic
I love books about sexy brothers :)
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • My Fair Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #1)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family Series, #2)
  • In the End (Timing is Everything, #2.5)
  • Hardball (Philadelphia Patriots, #2)
  • Billionaire's Bribe
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
  • Asking for Andre
  • Tempt Me Tonight
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • Nine Months to Redeem Him (One Night With Consequences, #6)
  • Blaze's Second Chance (The Sinclair Men, #1)
  • Shameful Secret, Shotgun Wedding
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
3198951
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes new adult romance as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page:

More about Karen Erickson...

Worth It (4 books)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • Worth The Challenge (Worth It, #3)
  • Worth Everything (Worth It, #4)