A Ghost in my Suitcase

A Ghost in my Suitcase

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The flute music stops, and my breath catches in my throat. Silence falls like a veil. Then I hear something - no, I feel it in my chest. 'Steady yourself,' Por Por whispers. 'It's here . . . '

When Celeste travels to China to visit her grandmother, she uncovers an incredible family secret. And with this secret comes danger and adventure.

If Celeste is to save her family and...more
Published February 2nd 2009 by Penguin Australia (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Ghost in my Suitcase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Ghost in my Suitcase

Elizabeth
I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked the idea of the story and I thought it was well written. It was a great book to read and I would recommend this!
Benna
It was very inspirational in that she adapted really quickly to he different country.
Issy Mcindoe
I thought this was a very intriguing and interesting story that really got you thinking about what is going to happen next. It was a great story line an I could never put the book down. I normally don't really read as fast as I read this book and I think everyone should read it because I makes you feel like you are in the story with the characters and you can really visualise the setting. It is a really good read and I defiantly recommend it to everyone, adults, teenagers or young adults.
Pamela Huxtable
Celeste travels to China for the first time to visit her grandmother, Por Por. She has a sad duty to perform; Celeste is carrying her mother's ashes back to her childhood home to scatter them. Celeste feels lost and insecure, and tells the reader " Before Mama died I felt as if I could wrap up the day and put it in my pocket... now I feel trapped, as if I'm in a giant spiderweb."

Por Por frees Celeste by loving her and helping her discover her heritage, her Chinese culture, and her family's calli...more
Bhavi
Really fantistic and fascinating book! I wish there was a series of it because it was a great as book. I dont know what to say!
LaToya Donnellan
An enjoyable mix of ancient beliefs and a modern tale of friendship and family overcoming hardship.
Selina Ryan
Chinese culture meets supernatural. When Celeste's mother dies she takes her ashes to back to China and meets her grandma Paw paw and her adopted daughter Ting ting. As Celeste gets to know her Paw paw, she begins to learn skills in the family profession of ghost hunting. But it will take all her strength and courage to help her Grandmother overcome the family nemisis who stole their home.
Pamela S
Mystery, horror and adventure is the main point of this book. This book has the "spell" that kept me addicted to this book and I just love it! I love this author's writing style and her other books as well. Lovely cover design. Excitement comes up when you're deeply drowned in this book!
Raihana
A better ghost story to recommend to children rather than Mr Midnight. The only scary parts are when the main characters are fighting the ghosts (they are ghost-hunters) but mostly love that the backdrop of the story is in China, so that we get a glimpse into its culture.
Bella
i liked this book, but it's nothing special. I thought it was really interesting to see the transition from Australia to China through Celest's eyes. i think she settles in really well,but i wasn't really sure that it had an aweful lot to do with immigration.
Gracie
I loved this book because it's a big adventure in china but the book is a bit spooky when describing the ghost. The author describes the book so well that your able to picture it in your head.
Genevieve Easton
A Ghost in my Suitcase is an excellent fast pace book that is written to perfection. I'm a very fussy reader but this book was one of the best.
Kitty tomlinson
it was such a good bok i loved it because i like ghost stories and i liked the new version of this ghost story it was winderful.
Sue Bursztynski
Gentle, fantastical and lovely. I'm going to see if I can get it into my class's Literature Circle.
Isabella
I though this was such a great book, its one book I couldnt put down.
~Toby~Dralion~ Deck~
A real strange story line, but the rest of it is great!
Juliet Marie Tomlinson
A well written book that I loved very much!
Maia
Very very very fantastically marvelous book!
Tahlia
Pretty Good A Bit Short Though...
Hamna Ayub
Hamna Ayub marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Maria Fahad
Maria Fahad marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Maham
Maham marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Asrah Asad
Asrah Asad marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Mano
Mano marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Gabrielle Wang is an award winning children’s author born in Melbourne of Chinese heritage. Her great grandfather came to Victoria during the Gold Rush, settling in the town of Wahgunyah on the Murray River. In her twenties Gabrielle lived in China and Taiwan where she studied Chinese language, traditional painting and calligraphy. After working as a graphic designer she discovered a love of paint...more
More about Gabrielle Wang...
Little Paradise The Garden Of Empress Cassia Meet Poppy (Our Australian Girl - Poppy, #1) The Pearl Of Tiger Bay The Race for the Chinese Zodiac