Start by marking “Angelina at the Fair” as Want to Read:
Angelina at the Fair

Angelina at the Fair (Angelina Ballerina)

All winter long, Angelina has been looking forward to the first day of May when the fair will come to town.  Angelina is upset when the day finally comes and her parents make her take her little cousin Henry along to the fairground.  But after a day of adventures and surprises, they become the best of friends.
Published January 19th 2006 by Puffin Books (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Angelina at the Fair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angelina at the Fair

Sabrina
Jun 27, 2011 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked the most about this book was how its main focus was to tell the story and the moral of the story is hidden underneath. The story is natural to read and it's an easy one for children to connect with and apply. The illustrations are great at conveying the emotions that the characters are feeling, which also helps children relate to the story.
Esther
Angelina desperately wants to go to fair, but does NOT want to take her cousin with her. She eventually realizes that it's not always about what she wants, and gladly does whatever her cousin wants to do towards the end.

-Good book to teach about life skills, and social studies.
-A good text-to-self reference book
Elizabeth K.
Sep 21, 2014 Elizabeth K. rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-lucy
Angelina is not doing too much dancing in this one; instead she is saddled with taking her little cousin to the fair. We were really very pleased with this, probably mostly because we've had a summer of going to a lot of fairs, and this was a very cute look at all the goings-on. I find the TV show so maudlin that I forget I generally very much enjoy the Holabird books themselves.
Kristen Scott
Nov 27, 2011 Kristen Scott rated it really liked it
Shelves: family
Great book to do self connections with students. Shows how Angelina didnt want to bring her cousin to the fair but close to the end she discovers its not always about her and does what her cousin likes.
Stephani Snow
Aug 13, 2009 Stephani Snow rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
Angelina wants to go to the fair, but she gets stuck with taking her little cousin, she ignores them the whole time until she loses him. When she finds him she realizes how important he is and they have a great time.
Janet
The age old theme of the older child doesn't want the younger one to tag along. Angelina doesn't want to be responsible for younger cousin Henry at the fair. After some mishaps with age inappropriate fair activities all ends on a happy note.
Olivia Felix
Nov 10, 2014 Olivia Felix rated it it was amazing
This book is a sweet tale about dealing with change in plans. It encompasses some good emotions to teach children to deal with these changes. Lovely illustrations.
Eirene
Oct 18, 2013 Eirene rated it it was amazing
I remember reading this as child, and re-reading it now rekindled so many wonderful childhood memories. It is such a delightful story. I adore Angelina Ballerina.
Nathan Willard
Good Angelina book, introducing Henry. Usual Angelina does wrong, showed wrong, feels better, ends happily deal.
Cassandra
It was quite jolting how quickly Angelina started treating Henry well, though I do understand why. Her attitude at the beginning of the book made me sad!
Grace Nestor
Grace Nestor rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2009
Steven Kim
Steven Kim rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
megan
megan rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2008
Mogepy
Mogepy rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2012
sleeps9hours
sleeps9hours rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2014
Lisaforabw Wiley
Lisaforabw Wiley rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Miranda
Miranda rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2012
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2009
Jeana
Jeana rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2008
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2007
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2009
Brandi
Brandi rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Caryn
Caryn rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2010
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Kmh
Kmh rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2009
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
  • The Berenstain Bears Out West
  • Five Little Ducks
  • Limelight Larry
  • Wink: the Ninja Who Wanted to Nap
  • Make Way For Dumb Bunnies (The Dumb Bunnies, #3)
  • My Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story
  • One More Sheep
  • The Little Rabbit
  • Morris' Disappearing Bag
  • Library Lily
  • Toot & Puddle (Toot and Puddle)
  • Curious George and the Birthday Surprise (Curious George New Adventures)
  • I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed
  • Little Black, a Pony: Liishzhiin Yazhi [With CD]
Katharine Holabird is an American writer, best known as the author of the Angelina Ballerina series.

As a child, Holabird was an avid reader who loved fairy tales and stories about heroic animals, and she frequently saw ballets like Cinderella and Swan Lake with her grandmother. The young, imaginative Holabird loved animals, playing in her tree house, and dancing with her sisters. In 1969, she rece
More about Katharine Holabird...

Angelina Ballerina (1 - 10 of 86 books)
  • Angelina Ballerina