Start by marking “Ever After (The Hollows, #11)” as Want to Read:
Ever After (The Hollows, #11)

Ever After (The Hollows #11)

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  18,159 ratings  ·  1,810 reviews
The ever after, the demonic realm that parallels the human world, is shrinking. If it disappears completely, so does all magic. It's up to witch-turned-daywalking-demon Rachel Morgan to avert catastrophe and keep life from changing... for the worse.

While saving the world is important, it isn't Rachel's only motivation. There's also the small fact that she caused the ley li
Published January 22nd 2013 by Harper Voyager

To ask other readers questions about Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ever After

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
24th out of 2,471 books — 12,487 voters
Frost Burned by Patricia BriggsTwice Tempted by Jeaniene FrostEver After by Kim HarrisonHeart of Obsidian by Nalini SinghHouse Rules by Chloe Neill
2013 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (January - June)
3rd out of 290 books — 1,120 voters

More lists with this book...

VampireNovelFan
Like the finest of wines, The Hollows gets better with age!

description

As you can see, I present definitive proof that I've indeed read the book! And man oh man is it fantastic! It's my new favorite! I normally worry about using that term too loosely because it could diminish the potential quality of the series as a whole, but I genuinely think it's the best book thus far. Kim Harrison has done it yet again and all signs point to her doing it two more times, and in epic proportions.

This time the Ever Afte
archdandy
512 pages of Trent and Rachel on a mission together?

Photobucket
is mee... kissa
Oct 01, 2012 is mee... kissa marked it as to-read
argh! i'm so obsessed with this series it's not even funny!
if i can get triple the amount of Trent in this book as the previous one, I'm gonna be very happy. shove some Al in as well and a whole lotta action and I'm gonna be extremely happy.
Obviously, since the title is 'Ever After', there's gonna be a lot of Al, and I've always been a Rachel/Trent or Rachel/Al girl, but since I can't see Rachel and Al long term, although I sure as hell wouldn't mind another kiss, I'm gonna go with Trent.
so Rac
Alexandria
Is it bad if i want Rachel to have Al's baby and then be with Trent?

*Update*

Epic! Everything I didn't know i wanted. As the odds stack against Rachel, you start to really feel her depression but she rises above like always with an explosive ending that was was all parts satisfying. My wishes weren't granted in this book... but theres always hope for the next book! This book left me drained even as I already begin my begging for the next one. Truly no one can write like the amazing Kim Harrison.
Ferdy
Spoilers

Less a review and more a collection of ranty thoughts.

-Did Rachel really need to describe how good looking Trent was every single time she saw him? Also why was she so obsessed with how everyone smelt? Ooh Trent smells like cinnamon, ooh Quen smells like cinnamon but a different kind of cinnamon'. Enough with the pointless descriptions.

-Why was Rachel and Quen acting like Trent was a saint and some sort of speshul snowflake that would save all the elves? Trent has never been a good guy y
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
This book was Shamazeballs!

Find more reviews like this one at The Demon Librarian.

Kim Harrison is the reigning Queen of Urban Fantasy!

One of the most highly anticipated reads of 2013 for many people, Ever After by Kim Harrison most certainly will not fall short of expectations. It will, in many areas, surpass them. It will also shock, it will thrill, and my goodness it will entertain. An outstanding instalment, easily replacing any and all past favourites as the new pinnacle of the series...so
Jen (Red Hot Books)
This is my absolute favorite installment of the Hollows series to date. The best book I have read in months. I loved it. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. It's as though Kim Harrison made this book to order, handpicking all of my favorite elements of the series and letting them shine. Tons of Trent. Al. Jenks. And, of course, the ever after. It's light on Ivy, the vampire culture, witches and werewolves. And we actually see real growth in Rachel. It's like Christmas and my birthday all at once.

The s
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
“My God, you have beautiful hair in the firelight,” he said softly, and I blinked. “It’s like your thoughts, all cinnamon and wild untamed. I’ve always liked your hair.”

~ sigh ~

For those of us who have anxiously awaited each Hollows book, we knew the moment Trenton Aloysius Kalamack came on the scene that he was the one for Rachel! And what's funny is this is NOT a romance book. It is very much an Urban Fantasy! (Lord help us if KH ever decides to write a romance.)

Trent has not been nice to
Marian
All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!! Kim Harrison, you have outdone yourself. Again. I did not think you could top "Pale Demon". Then "A Perfect Blood". I. WAS. WRONG. Quite simply, this book is pure "Magic" [written] "into existence".

This book was action from beginning to end, with returns of all our old favorites, a few new ones, and more than a few surprises") Not all of them good. But some of them are very, very good (wink). I can't elaborate on that without spoilers, but let's just say, I hav
Klint

I get an ARC and just now I finished the book.
Its truly an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G book!!!
For me, the best in all the series. I love Pale Demon, but Ever After is like 1 million times better. Its all action.

Once I started reading it, I couldnt stop! I was so obsessed that it was not funny XD, I couldn focus at work, and I found myself reading it while I cook, sleeping 4 hours the last 3 nights because I couldnt put it down...Is addictive!!

I dont know how I will manage a review without spoilers, but I w
Diane
Updated review:

Now that I have some time, I need to rip open a few assholes.

TRENT: Fuck him and Quen and ALL the elves. If they are the representatives of the race, then mother fuck them. Don't worry, Rachel doesn't feel the same way. It's all aces 10 and good vibes and hackey sacks and shit. I won't tell you what happens, but I consider it a betrayal BEYOND even when Trent locked her up and put her in the rat fights. For a while I thought Rachel was royally fucked. Another huge manipulation by
Duchess Nicole
I'm going to sound like such a ridiculous girl, but this entire series was worth reading JUST FOR THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK! I can't even tell you how big the loopy, goofy grin was on my face while I listened to the last chapter. In fact, I looked quite similar to this:

That's about all I wanted to say. SOOOOO many other thorough, fantabulous reviews out there. This book was a great one to get a LOT of answers, a lot of forward movement for the characters we've come to know and love. Al, Tren
Marissa
Can I please give this 50 stars??? It was the BEST Hollows book to date!
I can only hope and pray and cross all my fingers & toes that things continue in the same direction they appear to heading, for everyone's sake!

I simply cannot say, think, or feel enough wonderful things about this book! However, yes there seem to always be howevers in my reviews, I am going to say I felt a little bit cheated concerning a HUGE event that happened around the middle of this book. It all occurred off-page
Yodamom

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. The dynamic trio has been born. This one tipped the scales with action, intrigue and heart thumping moments. The last chapter left me with a smile so large it made my cheeks hurt. Did that really happen, was I dreaming ???

I need the next book, NOW !
Catie
The Hollows are back…and so am I! (I hope.) What better way to kick off my reviewing dust than to write about a series I’ve loved for almost a decade? Even though I was mostly disappointed last January by the slow-moving rehash of old events that was A Perfect Blood, I knew that this author wouldn’t hold still for long. This series, which now encompasses eleven books and will end at book thirteen (Thanks Megan!) never ceases to be inventive and surprising.

This book sees Rachel & Co. moving f
Kitt
Erica
Mar 03, 2013 Erica rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: like
The next Hollows book is coming out in…. 2013. Wait, what?? 2013? Did I see that correctly???
That was my initial reaction. Usually I would just give up on the series (seriously? that long?), but fortunately for Ms. Harrison, I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES and I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK. I also want to see what will happen with Trent <3<3

Edit: I can't believe it's coming out so soon!!! So excited :)
Shenanigans
*Spoilage*
***Three 1/2 Stars!***

For me, three stars for Ever After is generous. I am a bit let down and disappointed in this book. Although I do not recommend anyone skip this book if they plan on reading anymore of this series. A few things happen that will surely have you lost with the next book if you skip this one. So. Read this shit.

From the opening paragraph, something about this felt different to me. Rachel seemed off, a touch more wordy and emotional than she'd been in the last book, A P
AH
5 stars for another fantastic installment in the Hollows series.

I’ve loved The Hollows since I discovered the series a few years ago. I’ve stood by and watched Rachel grow and change over the course of the series. I can honestly say that this is the best book so far in the series – and I hear that there are still two more books to go.

I think what makes this series so good is its evolution of the main characters, especially that of Rachel Morgan. Rachel’s growth, her maturity, her change into a
FoxgloveXO
No way! Since when... Even though this book was on my to-read list I hadn't even realised there was another! I love this series, actually scratch that I love Trenton Kalamack! Love him some muuucchh. Yep... That's it my awesome review for the next book in the Hollows series. :)
I can't wait and I don't know when this books come out, but I will most likely have a giant panick attack and do something stupid.
Lyndi
I'm having trouble with this series. I loved the beginning, but I'm getting a little tired of it now. The writing is fine, the characters are fine, but the plot... Jesus! It's just constant, never-ending grade-A bad shit happening to Rachel. Every single book. The odds are stacked against her, yes yes we get that. But how much shit can you pile onto a character before it just gets ridiculous? I'm thinking about 10 books worth, because this 11th was downright annoying.

Everyone's trying to kill he
Janice • The Demon Librarian
**Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

Another Hollows masterpiece!

Before I start my review, I would like to give a shout-out to the author. Kim Harrison, you are a genius. Eleven books into your uber-popular Hollows series and you haven't missed a single beat. The series is as fresh and entertaining now as it was when you first introduced us to Rachel and company way back in Dead Witch Walking. Thank you. You deserve a big pat on the back. And cookies. And a parade, complete with
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
OMG BEST FREAKING BOOK EVER!
5+++++++ stars
I'm still riding the high of that ending!!!!! Gahhhhhhh *faints*

This review was posted at Under the Covers

January 21, 2013 Update - Review

I don't know if I'm a little biased here or not, but I admit I've loved this series from the beginning. Granted, I've had my ups and downs with it because I wasn't always a fan of what Rachel was doing or how she was acting. But she was always real and something about her carries this series forward always with growth.
CrimsonTyd
Where to start...The first half of the book was disappointing because nothing much happens. At all. For instance, it took nearly an entire chapter for Rachel to arrive at Trent's, get tea (which no one drank, of course), unlock a closet and look at a book.

I mean good gravy it was slooooowwww going, and on top of that it was highly repetitive.

Al was missing for nearly the entire book, which is probably why much of the fun was also missing.

I won't go into the other aspects I didn't like because
Negine
Loved it ♥
So thrillingly fantastic and rather spectacular! At book 11 Kim Harrison continues to deliver an exciting and action packed storyline that builds on previous installments to near perfection. The characters that she has created continue to change, fascinate and entertain. After this many books many series get stale. The cracks in the world-building start to show and the continuity becomes non-existent; not to mention the characters become unrecognizable with little to no growth. I am e
Melindeeloo
I really liked Ever After, this was my favorite Hallows book in a long time - I have been waiting for a story with more Ever-After-centric action and this was that book.

So there's a fair amount of wrangling with pesky, (cowardly,) self serving demons, and, unlike the last book, there are blessedly few (if any) TSTL moments for Rachel. There is good movement in the relationship between Trent and Rachel - they are finally starting to move in a grownup direction and beginning to understand each oth
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: A

“I’ve had a very bad week, Newt. A very bad week. And to top it off, I don’t have anything in my closet that is suitable to wear while saving the world.”

Oh my, this book. I don’t even know where to start, but I felt like this book was the one I’ve been waiting for, for years. It shows growth from all the characters, characters are starting to change along with relationships, and things seem to be lining up for how everything may fall as the
Zee
has any one read the end chapter from Trent's point of view in the perfect blood???? (view spoiler)
I can't believe I have wait a whole year again!!!!!! Love love loved the book.
Lightreads
This might not be drunk reviewing, but it sure ain't sober reviewing either.

So it turns out this series only has two? Something like that – two books left. Which blows my mind, since I have been reading this off and on since 2005, and thinking back, it's like my relationship with this series encapsulates my relationship with new millennium paranormal fantasy. I was charmed by it; I was frustrated that it wasn't higher quality; I felt strangely guilty for liking it in all its embarrassments and s
Alex
Hollows Read-Alon...: O.O 19 167 Nov 11, 2014 07:39AM
Is it okay to like Al? 43 132 Nov 10, 2014 01:43PM
Live Video Chat with Kim Harrison 546 273 Aug 27, 2014 06:12PM
Fans of The Hollo...: Ever After Spoiler Thread 126 542 Mar 30, 2014 03:28PM
The Challenge Fac...: Angie & Belinda - Ever After 28 26 Mar 27, 2014 12:01PM
Hollows Read-Alon...: Are we group reading Ever After? 18 119 Feb 21, 2014 08:35AM
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Chimes at Midnight (October Daye, #7)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
  • Dead Man's Deal (The Asylum Tales, #2)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan #4)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files #2)
Kim Harrison, dark urban fantasy author of the New York Times bestselling Ever After, was born and raised in the upper Midwest. After gaining her bachelors in the sciences, she moved to South Carolina until the lure of snow pulled her back to Michigan When not at her desk, she is most likely to be found landscaping her yard or on the links with her mom.

Kim reaches out to her audience at Facebook h
More about Kim Harrison...
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3) The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2) The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6) For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)

“What are you doing now?" Al questioned "Seeing if your circumcision is gone? It is.

My expression went blank, and Trent hesitated.

He looked at me, and I put a hand to my mouth, face flaming. "Oh. My. God. Trent. I'm sorry"

"Um" Trent said, clearly at a loss.

"Call me tomorrow," Al said seriously, "I've got a curse that will take care of that. Unless you like the snake in a turtleneck look”
82 likes
“You cannot thrash the person who makes you coffee. It's a rule somewhere.” 52 likes