Start by marking “Hiring for Attitude: A Revolutionary Approach to Recruiting and Selecting People with Both Tremendous Skills and Superb Attitude” as Want to Read:

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  129 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Praise for "HIRING FOR ATTITUDE"

Success in business starts with finding great talent that will thrive within your company culture. "Hiring for Attitude" combines valuable insights with relatable examples, giving you the tools to recruit the right talent for your organization and reduce your risk of mishires.
BRENT RASMUSSEN, President of CareerBuilder North America

Caesars
Published December 2nd 2011 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published November 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hiring for Attitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hiring for Attitude

Kelley
Nov 17, 2014 Kelley rated it it was amazing
As a senior leader in a school, I've wondered about, over the past two years, how we can better identify great potential employees in the hiring process while avoiding hiring toxic employees. Murphy's book offers the perfect solution to solve that problem. His brilliant strategies offer easily implementable ways to identify each workplace's unique necessary characteristics that make high quality employees successful as well as the qualities that will make employees unsuccessful there. The strate ...more
Tõnu Vahtra
Mar 26, 2016 Tõnu Vahtra rated it it was amazing
The best and most practical book I have read on hiring so far
Created mindmap during reading.

Main points
The attitudes that work in your organization are unique
Standard interview questions don't assess attitude
A few simple questions will reveal if someone's attitude is right for you
There's an answer key that will grade a candidate's attitude
The grammar that people use predicts whether they are a good or bad fit
The way most companies recruit chases away the best people
Hiring for Attitude wi
Daniela
Jun 11, 2012 Daniela rated it liked it
This book is good learning tool for the beginners in the recruitment process. It gives a clear message that it is all about the attitude, character, approach, willigness to learn, personality. All the rest can be learned - skills.
Vanessa
Mar 02, 2016 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: human-resources
My first book on HR and it got me pumped up!! All set to read more! Thanks to this book i now know how to handle myself better during and for interviews. :) Recommended to all HR professionals.
Kamila Borowa
Mar 21, 2015 Kamila Borowa rated it it was amazing
Schould be read by every director, manager, recruiter/CEO - everyone who cares about that what kind of people are on board :-)
Shashidhar Bc
Jul 23, 2014 Shashidhar Bc marked it as to-read
Please provide the HTML link
Brent Keck
Jun 05, 2015 Brent Keck rated it really liked it
Excellent reading on better ways to hire high performers to the culture of your company - assuming you know what your culture is. I found the process for creating interview questions and then scoring the answers useful. Also helpful were the suggestions on what to listen for in applicant verbal responses to your questions that would differentiate high performers from low performers. The final value I found was the "Word Picture" approach to teaching and communicating desired behaviors to employe ...more
Brian Ridge
Jun 19, 2016 Brian Ridge rated it liked it
Shelves: management
Not sure I agree with all of the author's points, but there are some good nuggets of information here and there.
Babak
Nov 26, 2013 Babak rated it it was amazing
This was a surprisingly refreshing book about how to find out what type of person you have in for a job interview. It is not important to have a long CV with a lot of achievements if you don't fit into the new organization from an attitude point of view. Read this book if you are up to hiring someone in your organization.
Lee Tyner
Feb 16, 2014 Lee Tyner rated it liked it
I agree with the author, but the strategy provided was somewhat unrealistic at the places I've worked. Also, if an organization is known to follow the strategies, applicants could prep for the hiring process with canned answers just like they currently do.
Elizabeth Bryan
Feb 17, 2013 Elizabeth Bryan rated it really liked it
Great beginners tool for hiring based on attitude. It helps to identify the questions that will differentiate good hires from bad hires for your specific company! It is especially great for small businesses who need to work closely together with one another.
Nathan Wilson
May 26, 2014 Nathan Wilson rated it really liked it
Good method. Not as many concrete question ideas as I was hoping for, but the principles outlined set you in the right direction.
Mohamed Magdy
Feb 17, 2013 Mohamed Magdy rated it really liked it
A wonderful book shows me how to develop some of my skills
christy l mclain
christy l mclain marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Michel Goldstein
Michel Goldstein marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Reed Bell
Reed Bell marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Andre Põlm
Andre Põlm marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Anderson
Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Oz Akan
Oz Akan marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Patred
Patred marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Scott Mcmullan
Scott Mcmullan is currently reading it
Jul 05, 2016
Elizabeth Mitchell
Elizabeth Mitchell rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Jessica Bonjorni
Jessica Bonjorni rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Maciej
Maciej rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Ruth Rachel
Ruth Rachel marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Kara Jay
Kara Jay is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • egonomics: What Makes Ego Our Greatest Asset (or Most Expensive Liability)
  • The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired
  • Nine Minutes on Monday: The Quick and Easy Way to Go from Manager to Leader
  • To Do Doing Done: A Creative Approach to Managing Projects and Effectively Finishing What Matters Most
  • Be Our Guest: Perfecting the art of customer service
  • Family Home Evening Resource Book
  • The Potentially Sane Mother's Guide to Raising Young Children: Nearly 100 Activities and Parenting Ideas to Help You Fell Confident and in Control (Mo
  • The Wall Street MBA: Your Personal Crash Course in Corporate Finance
  • Helping: How to Offer, Give, and Receive Help
  • Winning Chess Openings
  • The Nextgen Librarian's Survival Guide
  • Fierce Leadership: A Bold Alternative to the Worst "Best" Practices of Business Today
  • If You Don't Have Big Breasts, Put Ribbons on Your Pigtails: And Other Lessons I Learned from My Mom
  • Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Field Guide for Leaders, Managers, and Facilitators
  • Wired to Care: How Companies Prosper When They Create Widespread Empathy