Start by marking “Vanity and Valor (The Blood of Rome)” as Want to Read:
Vanity and Valor (The Blood of Rome)

Vanity and Valor (The Blood of Rome)

His father’s dying wish was for him to give up racing chariots and focus on being the new Dominus. The problem with that was, all he ever wanted to do was race chariots. When his desires and duty clash he finds himself at the verge of losing everything.
She was sold into slavery by her father and purchased by Rome’s champion charioteer. Forced to work in his trigarium with
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 300 pages
Published December 12th 2011 by Sui Generis

To ask other readers questions about Vanity and Valor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vanity and Valor

Rachel Kramer
Dec 20, 2011 Rachel Kramer rated it it was amazing
So, I just finished reading this book, and I loved it! It’s a beautiful and unique story about a fiery young girl named Sellah, and the hard trials and sacrifice she must endure. For me, it reads like a classic, like the fairytales we were told growing up that we never stopped loving. Kind of like Snow White…only her name is Sellah, and she’s sold into slavery, and then she’s saved by the Huntsman who, in this case, would be a rich charioteer—Thaddeus—and his servant/friend, Simeon. And then, yo ...more
Marcie
Jan 02, 2012 Marcie rated it really liked it
Sellah Katarius is an eighteen year old girl that was sold into slavery by her father. She is strong-willed, beautiful, full of spirit and very brave, however she lives in a time where those characteristics are not valued. The time she lives in is ancient Rome. A time of great works of art, philosophy and also a time a morbid cruelty. Sellah's circumstances will not bring her down. She decides that she can handle anything life throws her way. Including the new Dominus. The Dominus was a rock sta ...more
Janine
Dec 15, 2011 Janine rated it it was amazing
The minute you start reading Vanity & Valor you're sucked into Ancient Rome. And as someone who LOVES Ancient Rome it just made the experience all the more exciting. I literally felt like I was actually there. It was so surreal!

Selah is a really likable character. I think there were a few things about her I didn't like but overall she's a great character. I really loved her interaction with others, especially Thaddeus.

The story is fun, interesting, and exciting. A woman as a charioteer? Coun
γυкί (Lorrianne Austerford)
I asked to read this in December last year nya, the day before I left for my vacation back to my home country nya, and I finished reading it two days later nya. However my home country has banned Goodreads and so I could not post my review until now nya...

Vanity and Valor is an epic read nya, and I would definately recommend it to anyone who wants to read something new and exciting nya!! R. Lynn made the descriptions in the book are detailed and that made it easier to visualise the scenes nya, a
Katherine Pocock
Dec 17, 2011 Katherine Pocock rated it it was amazing
Vanity and Valor is an amazing book set in the thrilling world of charioteering. To some like me, their only knowledge of the period is Gladiator with Mel Gibson. Lynn's take on the era brings a whole new life to Ancient Rome with her leading lady Sellah who draws you into her story from the very first page. Not only is this book easy to read but I found myself struggling to put this story down. Overall, as the stars indicate, I loved this book and would definitely recommend this to anyone and e ...more
Amber
Dec 14, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it
I just finished reading Vanity & Valor and I loved it. It was easy to read and even easier to loose myself in it. I read it straight through and couldnt stop myself. I felt what the chacters felt, laughed when they laughed, cryed when they cried, and felt anger when they were angry. The roman setting took me back to that time period and left me with a feeling for what life was like back then. The only disappointment for me was that it ended. This reader will be hoping for a sequel!
Kara
Dec 18, 2011 Kara rated it it was amazing
I just finshed with Vanity & Valor and it did not take me long to read! I immediatly fell in love with it and got lost in time! R.Lynn is a very detailed author who can make you feel, smell and see every detail of the book. I love when I can read a book and it seems like a movie is playing in my mind. It's almost as though I am watching the book play out and I love it! I would also LOVE to see a sequel!
Dave
Jan 11, 2012 Dave rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. Loved every moment.
S.J. Hitchcock
Dec 29, 2011 S.J. Hitchcock rated it really liked it
R.Lynn, what can I say, but you did it again. The description in this are really good, and it was a pleasure to read.
Brittany Anne Weeks
Dec 22, 2011 Brittany Anne Weeks rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS FREAKING AMAZING! i just finished reading it, and I love it. Keep it up girl, you're going to be more famous than Stephanie Meyer (and you can sure write better than her!)
liirogue
Oct 08, 2012 liirogue rated it did not like it
I am astounded at the high rating this book has received so far. First, this book is no way, shape, or form historically accurate. Might as well sweep this one over to "fantasy" because this is a made-up world. One example - Women crowded around the Dominus' front gate, squealing and yelling like there's a rock star inside? And then said Dominus proposes marriage to one of these women? There is absolutely no freaking way a man from such a supposedly prestigious background would ever entertain th ...more
Ashley Mayer
Jan 09, 2012 Ashley Mayer rated it really liked it
Vanity and Valor was a quick read. The story is good but the author tends to change the POV without giving us any idea who is speaking. Other than that I really enjoyed the book.
Hafiza
Jan 16, 2012 Hafiza rated it did not like it
Amateurish self-pub $2.99 on Kindle.
DNF
Saedista
Saedista rated it it was ok
May 30, 2012
Fernando Bonilla
Fernando Bonilla rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2013
Mj
Mj rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Mykindle
Mykindle rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Taylor Spencer
Taylor Spencer rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2014
Robbie Keith
Robbie Keith rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2011
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Fran Kubes
Fran Kubes rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2012
Raquel Homan
Raquel Homan rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Ladydawn
Ladydawn rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2012
Munchkinisbest
Munchkinisbest rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Kyshawilkinson
Kyshawilkinson rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2011
Michele Williams
Michele Williams rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2012
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014