Start by marking “Vegan Indian Cooking: 140 Simple and Healthy Vegan Recipes” as Want to Read:
Vegan Indian Cooking: 140 Simple and Healthy Vegan Recipes

Vegan Indian Cooking: 140 Simple and Healthy Vegan Recipes

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  19 reviews
This beautiful follow-up to Anupy Singla's widely praised first cookbook, the Indian Slow Cooker, is a unique guide to preparing favorite recipes from the Indian tradition using entirely vegan ingredients. Featuring more than 50 recipes, and illustrated with color photography throughout, these great recipes are all prepared in healthful versions that use vegan alternatives ...more
Published June 12th 2012 by Agate Surrey

To ask other readers questions about Vegan Indian Cooking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan Indian Cooking

Kris Goldhawk
Hands down, favourite Indian cookbook ever! Doesn't even matter that all the recipes are vegan. Everytime I cook from it, my neighbors and friends ask what is and can I share the recipe. The band gobi is fantastic, even better if you replace the cabbage with shredded brussel sprouts.
Gina
Beautiful pictures of Indian food. My mouth was watering! Lots of ingredients needed for each recipe...some unusual. may be easier to just go to local Indian restaurant.
Dee Harville
Recipes are too complicated with spices that would be hard to find. I'm not ready for these types of recipes yet.
Polly
I was underwhelmed by this. It seems to me that there ought to be a lot more interesting recipes--a lot of Indian food veganizes very easily, often simply by not using ghee.
Alisha Hanson-Glatzel
I must say, there is a ton of seasonings I don't have. I ran all over yesterday finding the ingredients for dinner tonight. I hope it's yummy!!!

Many of the recipes are really good. I just can't bring myself to use the asafetida. Not only was it the most difficult seasoning to find, it smells just like gear oil. The smell is so foul and so strong, I had to put it in a glass jar because I could smell it all the way in my bedroom the first night I had it in the house.

I'd like to try her slow cooke
Esther Fishman
Explains all the spices used and great recipes.
Michelle
Lovely book, full of delicious looking recipes and really practical ways to use a slow cooker to make healthy Indian meals. If only I could find the ingredients in my small Midwestern town and could find family members willing to try these with me.
Sunny
Beautiful pictures of delicious food - I made a number of recipes from this book and a couple from Anupy Singla's blog. For some reason, easier than many other Indian recipes, but still authentic flavor.
Sherry
Haven't made any of the recipes yet, but will! We have her slow cooker Indian book and it is AWESOME. I expect this will be the same. Plan to purchase this one!
Jill Paschal
Although you may have to order a lot of the spices online or visit a specialty shop or Indian market, this was a nice overall introduction to basic Indian cooking.
Ellen
This is a great vegan cookbook. I use it all the time. Once you have your spices, the recipes are a BREEZE and so delicious and healthy!
Nan
I love this book. The focus is on recipes with whole foods, not vegan products or meat substitutes. Great flavors.
Maggie Fout
I am relatively new to Indian Food, and this is an awesome book. Really easy to use and the recipes are fantastic.
Cheryl
There are not many exclusively vegan Indian cookbooks on the market. This one is splendid and on my list to buy.
Hilary Lang Greenebaum
I got a whole bunch of new yummy things to try! Excellent introduction appears very comprehensive.
Jess
Feb 23, 2013 Jess added it
Have to return this to library before cooking from it much. :( Will have to borrow it again!
Ami
May 13, 2013 Ami rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I don't know why, but there wasn't a single thing in here I really wanted to cook.
Angela Joyce
Now that I've read it all the way through, it's time to try the recipes. I can't wait!
Naomi
Delightful, delicious, easy and vegan! Yay!
Laur
Laur marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Newfiekidd92
Newfiekidd92 marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Angeliqueneutel
Angeliqueneutel marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Zelda
Zelda added it
Nov 16, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Vegan Cooking &am...: Free Cookbook 2 24 Jun 07, 2013 04:32PM
  • Vegan Eats World: 300 International Recipes for Savoring the Planet
  • The Great Vegan Bean Book
  • The Indian Vegan Kitchen: More Than 150 Quick and Healthy Homestyle Recipes
  • Wild About Greens: 125 Delicious Recipes from Hearty Soups & Stews to Succulent Sautes & Smoothies
  • Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day: Revolutionary New Takes On Everyone's Favorite On-the-Go Meal
  • Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes
  • The Asian Vegan Kitchen: Authentic and Appetizing Dishes from the Continent of Rich Flavors: 1
  • Big Vegan
  • Artisan Vegan Cheese
  • Triumph of the Lentil: Soy-Free Vegan Wholefoods for All Appetites
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • Soy, Not Oi!
  • Chloe's Kitchen: 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Making the Food You Love the Vegan Way
  • Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
  • Vive le Vegan!: Simple, Delectable Recipes for the Everyday Vegan Family
  • The Inspired Vegan: Seasonal Ingredients, Creative Recipes, Mouthwatering Menus
  • Yellow Rose Recipes
  • The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet: 101 Globally Inspired Vegan Creations Packed with Fresh Flavors and Exciting New Tastes
The Indian Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy, Easy, Authentic Recipes Indian for Everyone: The Home Cook's Guide to Traditional Favorites