Start by marking “The House of 12 Bunnies” as Want to Read:
The House of 12 Bunnies

The House of 12 Bunnies

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Published 2012 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about The House of 12 Bunnies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House of 12 Bunnies

The Little House by Virginia Lee BurtonIn a People House by Dr. SeussThe Great Blue House by Kate BanksLet's Go Home by Cynthia RylantThe House that Jack Built by J.P. Miller
Picture books about houses
28th out of 41 books — 8 voters
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise BrownThe Velveteen Rabbit by Margery WilliamsGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownNot a Box by Antoinette PortisPat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt
Best Picture Books about Rabbits
68th out of 95 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Bridget R. Wilson
It's almost bedtime, but Sophia has misplaced something. She searches the whole house. Each room has lots of stuff as 12 bunnies live there. Will Sophia find what she's looking for before bedtime?

What I thought: Such a cute book. I like the story. I think children will enjoy finding all the things named on each page. I might read this book twice during story time--once all the way through and a second time pausing for my story time kids to locate the items. I loved finding out what Sophia was l...more
Heidi
This is really cute--pictures especially--and there is much potential for various things. Best in a lapread, you could have the child find the different items on each page. Have the child count the items. Help them see that all the numbers add up to 12. Show how each room follows along a "typical" day (eat, live, play, sleep). Have the kids point out the bunnies on each page and watch their personalities throughout. Tell their own stories of what's happening on each page. And throughout the enti...more
Fjóla
Jun 19, 2012 Fjóla rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 3 - 6 year olds, for practicing counting
A cute book. A lot of things are misplaced in this house of 12 bunnies. The mommy bunny is looking for something (it's not clear what it is until the last page) and while she goes from room to room (including the front yard) you will watch what the 12 little bunnies are up to and you can count various items, sort of like an I-spy game. My son liked it, he hunted it down at the library after I'd put it away to have me read it again.

If you like this one you may also like Wacky Wednesday.
Bonnie
It's bedtime and in a house full of bunnies chaos is inevitable.
Ubalstecha
This book details one bunnies search for a missing object. As the bunny searches, the reader is lead through a series of tableaux where the bunnies are all doing activities or playing with objects that somehow add up to 12.

The main purpose of this book is the constructing, deconstructing and reconstructing the number 12. A great addition to a the primary classroom where teachers are looking at the number 12 or addition of three or more numbers.
Michelle
This clever book is a counting book with a difference. The detailed comical illustrations reveal a house bursting at the seams with the chaos and hive of activity that comes with 12 exuberant bunnies living there. The story line is engaging, and young ones will enjoy looking for Sophia's lost 'something.' Whilst doing so, they will also be involved in various counting activities. Overall, a great bedtime story that educates as well as entertains.

Irina
This is a counting book that I really like, because the counting is played in with an element of "I spy." Sophia, the bunny, is looking for something and as she is looking she says that she sees a number of a certain item, but not what she's looking for. The reason why this is so great is because kids can look for the items that Sophia sees, and count them. This makes math just a background to the fun of finding these items in the picture!
Arminzerella
Sophie the bunny has lost something and searches through the house - upstairs and down, inside and out, until she finds it. 12 bunnies living together are really MESSY, as you'll see. Cute bunny illustrations. This would work very well as a read-together, as there are so many things happening in each spread of illustrations. No surprises here, really, just rabbits and a cozy resolution.
Jenny Christen
In The House of 12 Bunnies, one of the bunnies named Sophia, searches all around the house for the one and only thing that will get her to bed on time.

This is a good book for kindergarten because of its big text and would be great for incorporating with a counting lesson.

Stills, C., & Blott, S. (2012). The house of 12 bunnies. New York: Holiday House.
Lorna
I picked this one up because the bunnies made me squee! Cute story, things to count and the bunnies are rewarded with a bedtime story. My 13-year-old was nearby while I was flipping through it and we both enjoyed the whimsical illustrations!
Shelli
What could be so fantastic and necessary that a bunny would search high and low, room after room, to try and find? I'm not going to tell you, read the book. Its a super cute little read and the illustrations are slightly adorable.
Maria
It's almost bedtime, but Sophia has lost something. As she looks through each part of the house, the text begs the reader to look for the items it mentions. It blends together a bedtime story with counting and search and seek.
Brindi
this would work for story time themed around "bedtime" but it would work much better one-on-one so the child could count all of the items mentioned on each page, find Sophia in each page....great for interaction.
Library Quine
As a read aloud,I don't feel I could make this one work. The pictures are sweet, and it would be fun for a child to count the items on the pages in a one-to-one. I could help asking myself, why 12?
Vinitha
A good book to works. Counting and observing. The 12 bunnies are cute and messy. The book also introduces some great words which my 3 year old did not know previously
Molly
A great choice for one-on-one reading. This is almost like a seek and find book, with the text directing you to look for various items on each page.
Kelli Dana
*Good math book! Excellent for counting, number sense and one to one correspondence.
*Good adjectives and verbs
*Good for vocabulary.
Joy
This is an adorable counting book. The illustrations are cute and there is a lot to look at, count, and find on each page.
Polly
Not quite sure what the point of this book is--it's almost a concept book (routines, numbers) but not quite. Cute though.
Robin
Clearly a house filled with 12 bunnies is a bit chaotic, as we discover in this tale.
Tracy
This is cute, a good one for counting numbers or lists.
Colby Sharp
The ending was predictable, cute, and awesome.
Edward Sullivan
Counting with adorable bunnies.
Kate Hastings
Pre-K to K. Great seek-and-find story!
Peacegal
Subjects: Counting, bunnies
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mice Mischief: Math Facts in Action An ABC of Pirates An A to Z of Fairies An A to Z of Pirates Magic Mummy