Start by marking “Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me” as Want to Read:
Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me

Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me

In the Netherlands, Mr. Wilders' foes, whether murderous jihadists or the multicultural establishment, share the same "strategic objective" - to increase the cost of associating with him beyond that which most people are willing to bear. It is not easy to be Geert Wilders. He spent almost a decade in a strange, claustrophobic, transient, and tenuous existence little differ ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Regnery Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Marked for Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked for Death

Dale
Jun 08, 2012 Dale rated it it was amazing
Published in May of 2012 by Regnery Publishing

Geert Wilders is a member of the Dutch Parliament and the the leader of the third largest political party in the Netherlands, but he is forced to live his life under protection. Since 2004 he has to have armed protection every day, everywhere he goes because of multiple death threats from extremist Muslims. His crime? He dared to take the threats to Western freedom seriously when, in 2004, Muslims killed Theo Van Gogh (a filmmaker whose film Submissi
Gregory Miller
Jan 10, 2015 Gregory Miller rated it it was amazing
Pastor Ron Blue recommended this book. I had just finished my last book and was already familiar with Geert Wilders when I checked this out on-line and decided to buy it and make it my next read. I was not disappointed.

Wilders has guts. And he tells it like it is. He is more honest and brave than nearly ALL well-known, influential evangelical preachers. But he is not a Christian. That says a lot about where we are right there.

If you are able to handle the unvarnished truth, read this book. If no
Christopher
Jun 24, 2012 Christopher rated it it was amazing
A very well written book on the danger that Islam poses to the west, and the world as a whole.

In "Marked for Death, Islam's war against the west and me", Geert Wilders gives a clear and well founded explanation why people who love freedom, progress, innovation and common sense should not only avoid Islam, but actively denounce it for the dangerous ideology it really is.

Geert Wilders also explains the soul of Islam as it is has been promoted by imams, mufti's, Al Qaeda, various political muslem
Naftoli
Apr 14, 2014 Naftoli rated it it was amazing
This book is a conspicuous landmark in the battlefield for (1) freedom OF speech and (2) freedom FROM tyranny. This man says what many of us fear to say; he is marked for death by numerous Islamic fatwas. He also has a keen understanding of American history and an admiration for the American ideal of liberty. The press has framed him as an "Islamophobic, racist, bigot" but he is quite the opposite. He fights for us so that you and I can live in a free society. The day that he loses, we all lose.
Brett Stortroen
Sep 12, 2012 Brett Stortroen rated it it was amazing
I was impressed by Geert Wilders courageous stance against the continued onslaught of Islamic infiltration and aggression. The author rightly distinguishes Islam as a political ideology dressed in religious garb. For 1400 years the Islamic factions have attempted to subdue the entire world and install their world-wide caliphate.

The book cites numerous fantastic quotations by American presidents and other famous world leaders on the topic of Islam.

Many books deal with only the origins of Islam or
Brock
Jul 29, 2012 Brock rated it it was amazing
There are approx. 1.5 billion Muslims on the planet, which means that most are peaceful or the rest of us wouldn't still be around. That's just basic math.

However, it's important to understand all violent fringe groups, whether it's fundamentalist Christians or those who identify with "radical Islam."

Mr. Wilders provides an exceptional overview of the Islamic belief system as well as both contemporary and historical anecdotes related to Islam, many of which involve him or people he knows persona
Barry Simiana
Jan 06, 2014 Barry Simiana rated it really liked it
This is a scary book. while I don't agree with everything Geert Wilders has to say, I will steadfastly stand behind his right to say them. I won't comment too much here, as those who know of Mr Wilders will know why, but enough to say that there are many politicians out there that could take a backbone graft from this man and harden the fuck up. He has stood p for what he saw were injustices (and I believe he was right) and said enough, while all around him people were calling him vile things, t ...more
Armand
Nov 19, 2014 Armand rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-own
This book certainly does not hold back from offending many people but it is time for a frank discussion about the topic at hand. I highly recommend this book to anybody.
Dee
Jun 14, 2012 Dee rated it it was amazing
Amazing Book and for what this Patriot must go through on a daily basis just to stay alive from Muslims!
Kim
Feb 24, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
Anyone who thinks Islam is the religion of peace should read this book. Anyone who thinks Islam is a religion should read this book.
Ray
Jun 02, 2012 Ray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I was just about to complete reading this book, I took a break to read today's New York Times. And one of the first articles I came across (July 17, 2012) was titled "Jihadists’ Fierce Justice Drives Thousands to Flee Mali", describing how Islamic extremists have taken control of Timbuktu in the African Country of Mali, and are imposing a strict form of religious justice on the population, prompting tens of thousands to flee.

The timing of this article coincided with my reading Mr. Wilders cl
S Hinchcliffe
May 26, 2013 S Hinchcliffe rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who cares about the future of tomorrow
With the current events that are occurring in several sections of the globe - this is a book to read.

Make not an opinion prior. Read it, see what is ongoing in the international communities, then decide if Freedom is to be shackled by a perceived social responsibility that cuckolds those who dare to stand up to bullying and murder.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." G. Orwell.
Franklyn
Jun 18, 2015 Franklyn rated it really liked it
Straight to the point, no beating around the bush book, Geert Wilders is well-informed, regards to some topics and admittedly I agree with him on most things but he is simplifying a complex issue, Islam and the west there is no longer a clear distinction and The boundaries are blurring: Millions of Muslim men and women live in the West and many are citizens of Western nations. They are therefore now inextricably part of the West. But all in all, a great book! Must-read!
Melissa
Jun 24, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-nonfiction
Great book about Geert Wilders, one of the most hated men in the world, and his views about Islam. Very well documented and researched. I hadn't read much about Islam and the Koran but after reading this I definitely will be doing so.
V.
Jan 23, 2014 V. rated it it was amazing
Excellent and brave re-telling of the facts that all should be aware of. Highly recommended, and respect for Mr. Wilders for being brave in a political world of cowards.
Sue
Apr 26, 2015 Sue rated it really liked it
Fascinating insight into Islam and it's movement into the West, through the eyes of someone who is directly involved. A must-read.
Yogeeswar
This book gave me a completely new outlook of Islamism. This guy is Marked for Death(Literally), he is the epitome of Freedom of Speech.
John
Jul 12, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
Again, very insightful into Islam and what we should be very worried about
Linda
Oct 02, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
Great read! Everyone should read this before they vote this year!
Michael Connolly
Jun 29, 2012 Michael Connolly rated it liked it
Geert Wilders:
Geert Wilders is a Dutch politician who has fought against the Islamization of the Netherlands. He was born in Venlo and raised as a Roman Catholic. His mother was born in Indonesia. Wilders does not support fascists and racists, and regards himself as a right-wing liberal. Wilders visited Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Syria and Iran as a young man. Wilders is the founder of the Partij voor de Vrijheid (PVV). Wilders has fought for stopping Muslim immigration to the Netherlands, for a ban
Arvind
I cant recall where I heard Wilders' name. Maybe in the list of "far-right" European politicians that are featured in articles every now and then.
The Dutch author is in jail practically with heavy 24*7 police protection and "marked for Death" for thought-crime - for speech that does not incite violence. That lead me to pick up this book to see how this came about to be in a country as liberal and tolerant as the Netherlands.
Robert Bor
Jun 19, 2016 Robert Bor rated it it was amazing
Geert Wilders is a contentious character in Dutch politics. On closer inspection, vilified is probably a more correct term. Dutch schoolteachers learn children from a young age to scorn mr Wilders. If you want to retain social mobility, one must signal ones virtue by rejecting everything Wilders stands for. Applauding mr Wilders is a certain way to suffer social ostracization by people 'who know better'. Comedians have no faster way to please a crowd than to insert the necessary Wilders-jokes.

Y
James
Jul 04, 2015 James rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite being labeled as an extremist Wilders is merely an outspoken and flamboyant liberal, which demonstrates that the motives of those who have attempted to assassinate and/or silence him are very sinister indeed. To be sure, he does make some bizarre assertions such as that Islam is an ideology and not a religion (though he seems to soften this stance slightly towards the end of the book), but nothing he says apart from this is outrageously erroneous.

One important distinction that I think i
Tobias Davies
Feb 15, 2016 Tobias Davies rated it really liked it
I took off a star because there were elements of repetition and the writing was disjointed at times, however this is a must-read for anyone who has been solely informed about Islam through Mass Media or Muslims themselves.

Since last years reveal of the Migrant Crisis, I've taken a more keen interest (compared to zilch) in World events, the Political Arena, the rising prevalence of "hate speech" laws superseding Free Speech, and how Western Civilisation is too complacent in it's decadence to pay
RubyNibs
Jun 14, 2016 RubyNibs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fact after fact after astonishing fact. Geert Wilders's book, Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me, is a must read for anyone interested in politics, or history, or just current events, or those wondering about the difference between ideology and religion, or simply wondering why the world is the way it is today--and it should be required reading for every politician in the West.

If you love your country and your culture and your people, read the book. If you love living in free
Mark
Jun 19, 2016 Mark rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audio book. Geert Wilders tells his personal story against Islam. His needing 24/7 personal protection and charges against him for free speech against Islam/ Muslim religion. Geert does a good job explaining a history of Islam. He describes the role west immigration has changed the demographics and culture of Europe. From no-go zones, Halal food demands, relying on welfare as a form of jizya, (non-Muslim tax paid to Muslims) to Sharia law and Islamic family courts. Geert refere ...more
Mar
Feb 23, 2014 Mar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 I appreciated his viewpoint and he is quite informed. At times over the top for me, but I'm not living under 24 hour protection with a death threat on my head. Can be quite overwhelming and depressing at times. I'd like to think better of the political situation, but perhaps I'm naïve.
Golly Cholly
Jun 18, 2015 Golly Cholly rated it really liked it
Shelves: politics, islam
Geert Wilders is a Dutch politician who dares to speak up against the islamization of his country and of Europe. He points out where it is leading his continent and what they must do about it.
Matthew Giakoumatos
  • Hand in Hand: Ten Black Men Who Changed America
  • My Year Inside Radical Islam: A Memoir
  • The Spy Who Came For Christmas
  • Reconciliation: Islam, Democracy, and the West
  • The Georgetown Ladies' Social Club: Power, Passion, and Politics in the Nation's Capital
  • The ISIS Apocalypse: The History, Strategy, and Doomsday Vision of the Islamic State
Dutch conservative-liberal politician and critic of islam.

Wilders was a member of the Conservative-Liberal party the VVD and was elected in Parliament for that party. In 2004 he decided to split-off of the VVD and to found his own party, cause of the too liberal course of the VVD.

In 2006 his new party PVV was elected into Parliament with 6% of the votes.

On 27 march 2008 he released his short film
More about Geert Wilders...