Start by marking “Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me” as Want to Read:
Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me

Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  25 reviews
In the Netherlands, Mr. Wilders'foes, whether murderous jihadists or the multicultural establishment, share the shame "strategic objective" - to increase the cost of associating with him beyond that which most people are willing to bear. It is not easy to be Geert Wilders. He spent almost a decade in a strange, claustrophobic, transient, and tenuous existence little differ ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Regnery Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Marked for Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked for Death

Shadowbosses by Mallory FactorLeave Us Alone by Grover G. NorquistThe Baseball Economist by J.C. BradburyPower Hungry by Robert BryceThe Skeptical Environmentalist by Bjørn Lomborg
John Stossel Show Reads
45th out of 63 books — 6 voters
Nature's Eternal Religion by Ben KlassenThe Turner Diaries by Andrew MacDonaldHunter by Andrew MacDonaldMy Awakening by David  DukeMIGHT IS RIGHT by Ragnar Redbeard
White Nationalism
160th out of 175 books — 18 voters

More lists with this book...

Dale
Published in May of 2012 by Regnery Publishing

Geert Wilders is a member of the Dutch Parliament and the the leader of the third largest political party in the Netherlands, but he is forced to live his life under protection. Since 2004 he has to have armed protection every day, everywhere he goes because of multiple death threats from extremist Muslims. His crime? He dared to take the threats to Western freedom seriously when, in 2004, Muslims killed Theo Van Gogh (a filmmaker whose film Submissi
Ray
As I was just about to complete reading this book, I took a break to read today's New York Times. And one of the first articles I came across (July 17, 2012) was titled "Jihadists’ Fierce Justice Drives Thousands to Flee Mali", describing how Islamic extremists have taken control of Timbuktu in the African Country of Mali, and are imposing a strict form of religious justice on the population, prompting tens of thousands to flee.

The timing of this article coincided with my reading Mr. Wilders cl
Gregory Miller
Pastor Ron Blue recommended this book. I had just finished my last book and was already familiar with Geert Wilders when I checked this out on-line and decided to buy it and make it my next read. I was not disappointed.

Wilders has guts. And he tells it like it is. He is more honest and brave than nearly ALL well-known, influential evangelical preachers. But he is not a Christian. That says a lot about where we are right there.

If you are able to handle the unvarnished truth, read this book. If no
Dee
Amazing Book and for what this Patriot must go through on a daily basis just to stay alive from Muslims!
Michael Connolly
Geert Wilders:
Geert Wilders is a Dutch politician who has fought against the Islamization of the Netherlands. He was born in Venlo and raised as a Roman Catholic. His mother was born in Indonesia. Wilders does not support fascists and racists, and regards himself as a right-wing liberal. Wilders visited Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Syria and Iran as a young man. Wilders is the founder of the Partij voor de Vrijheid (PVV). Wilders has fought for stopping Muslim immigration to the Netherlands, for a ban
Christopher
A very well written book on the danger that Islam poses to the west, and the world as a whole.

In "Marked for Death, Islam's war against the west and me", Geert Wilders gives a clear and well founded explanation why people who love freedom, progress, innovation and common sense should not only avoid Islam, but actively denounce it for the dangerous ideology it really is.

Geert Wilders also explains the soul of Islam as it is has been promoted by imams, mufti's, Al Qaeda, various political muslem
Brett Stortroen
I was impressed by Geert Wilders courageous stance against the continued onslaught of Islamic infiltration and aggression. The author rightly distinguishes Islam as a political ideology dressed in religious garb. For 1400 years the Islamic factions have attempted to subdue the entire world and install their world-wide caliphate.

The book cites numerous fantastic quotations by American presidents and other famous world leaders on the topic of Islam.

Many books deal with only the origins of Islam or
Brock
There are approx. 1.5 billion Muslims on the planet, which means that most are peaceful or the rest of us wouldn't still be around. That's just basic math.

However, it's important to understand all violent fringe groups, whether it's fundamentalist Christians or those who identify with "radical Islam."

Mr. Wilders provides an exceptional overview of the Islamic belief system as well as both contemporary and historical anecdotes related to Islam, many of which involve him or people he knows persona
Armand
This book certainly does not hold back from offending many people but it is time for a frank discussion about the topic at hand. I highly recommend this book to anybody.
James
Despite being labeled as an extremist Wilders is merely an outspoken and flamboyant liberal, which demonstrates that the motives of those who have attempted to assassinate and/or silence him are very sinister indeed. To be sure, he does make some bizarre assertions such as that Islam is an ideology and not a religion (though he seems to soften this stance slightly towards the end of the book), but nothing he says apart from this is outrageously erroneous.

One important distinction that I think i
Kim
Anyone who thinks Islam is the religion of peace should read this book. Anyone who thinks Islam is a religion should read this book.
Zach
"Marked for Death" by Geert Wilders is the most frank book on Islam I've yet to read. Mr. Wilders is a member of the "Tweede Kamer," the House of Representatives in the Netherlands, who is well-known for his criticisms of Islam. Many publications, such as the U.K.-based Economist, try to portray him as a nut case. However, after hearing him speak in addition to reading his book, Mr. Wilders may be more sensible than many give him credit for.

The author begins the book by describing why he has bee
Barry Simiana
This is a scary book. while I don't agree with everything Geert Wilders has to say, I will steadfastly stand behind his right to say them. I won't comment too much here, as those who know of Mr Wilders will know why, but enough to say that there are many politicians out there that could take a backbone graft from this man and harden the fuck up. He has stood p for what he saw were injustices (and I believe he was right) and said enough, while all around him people were calling him vile things, t ...more
Mar
2.5 I appreciated his viewpoint and he is quite informed. At times over the top for me, but I'm not living under 24 hour protection with a death threat on my head. Can be quite overwhelming and depressing at times. I'd like to think better of the political situation, but perhaps I'm naïve.
Golly Cholly
Geert Wilders is a Dutch politician who dares to speak up against the islamization of his country and of Europe. He points out where it is leading his continent and what they must do about it.
Naftoli
This book is a conspicuous landmark in the battlefield for (1) freedom OF speech and (2) freedom FROM tyranny. This man says what many of us fear to say; he is marked for death by numerous Islamic fatwas. He also has a keen understanding of American history and an admiration for the American ideal of liberty. The press has framed him as an "Islamophobic, racist, bigot" but he is quite the opposite. He fights for us so that you and I can live in a free society. The day that he loses, we all lose.
Inga
Nothing to add, but - read it! This man is worth his weight in gold...

"Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die,” Roosevelt wrote in 1918, after his 20-year-old son had been killed in World War I. “Both life and death are parts of the same Great Adventure.... All of us who give service, and stand ready for sacrifice, are torch-bearers. We run with the torches until we fall, content if we can pass them to the hands of some other runners."
S Hinchcliffe
Jul 03, 2014 S Hinchcliffe rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who cares about the future of tomorrow
With the current events that are occurring in several sections of the globe - this is a book to read.

Make not an opinion prior. Read it, see what is ongoing in the international communities, then decide if Freedom is to be shackled by a perceived social responsibility that cuckolds those who dare to stand up to bullying and murder.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." G. Orwell.
Vince
Excellent and brave re-telling of the facts that all should be aware of. Highly recommended, and respect for Mr. Wilders for being brave in a political world of cowards.
Melissa
Great book about Geert Wilders, one of the most hated men in the world, and his views about Islam. Very well documented and researched. I hadn't read much about Islam and the Koran but after reading this I definitely will be doing so.
Sue
Fascinating insight into Islam and it's movement into the West, through the eyes of someone who is directly involved. A must-read.
John
Again, very insightful into Islam and what we should be very worried about
Linda
Great read! Everyone should read this before they vote this year!
Franklyn
Straight to the point, no beating around the bush book, Geert Wilders is well-informed, regards to some topics and admittedly I agree with him on most things but he is simplifying a complex issue, Islam and the west there is no longer a clear distinction and The boundaries are blurring: Millions of Muslim men and women live in the West and many are citizens of Western nations. They are therefore now inextricably part of the West. But all in all, a great book! Must-read!
Iain
Worth reading.
Yogeeswar Pal
Yogeeswar Pal marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
  • Reconciliation: Islam, Democracy, and the West
  • Inside the Jihad: My Life with Al Qaeda
  • The Spy Who Came For Christmas
  • A Grave in Gaza
  • George Washington, Spymaster: How the Americans Outspied the British and Won the Revolutionary War
  • The Georgetown Ladies' Social Club: Power, Passion, and Politics in the Nation's Capital
  • Obama's America: Unmaking the American Dream
  • Desert Places
  • Daughter of Persia: A Woman's Journey from Her Father's Harem Through the Islamic Revolution
  • A Nation of Moochers: America's Addiction to Getting Something for Nothing
Dutch conservative-liberal politician and critic of islam.

Wilders was a member of the Conservative-Liberal party the VVD and was elected in Parliament for that party. In 2004 he decided to split-off of the VVD and to found his own party, cause of the too liberal course of the VVD.

In 2006 his new party PVV was elected into Parliament with 6% of the votes.

On 27 march 2008 he released his short film
More about Geert Wilders...
Kies voor vrijheid: een eerlijk antwoord Not a Religion