Start by marking “Silver World (Silver Sequence, #3)” as Want to Read:
Silver World (Silver Sequence, #3)

Silver World (Silver Sequence #3)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  316 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews

In Book Three of the Silver Sequence, the Roar descends upon Coldharbour, where millions of children huddle in search of protection. Milo, the silver child, is the first line of Earth's defense. Under his wings, Helen probes the Roar's mind with her gift of telepathy, searching for a weakness. The twins at last free the mysterious Protector from the ocean floor, while Walt

Published March 1st 2007 by Carolrhoda Books (first published August 18th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Silver World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver World

Koorihime-sama
Checked out from the library.

Review/Rating:

2 out of 5

2ND REVIEW. 1ST REVIEW IS HERE.

The Roar has finally made it to Earth. Will these children be able to stop her from destroying their planet?

First, what was I thinking when I thought I should re-read this?!

Okay, my feelings haven’t really changed from the first time I read it.

I’ll summarize since I don’t want to think that much about this book. Things I didn’t like:

- This book is a little bit shorter than the second book, but longer than the fir
Dave Reiss
Aug 22, 2014 Dave Reiss rated it really liked it
this series was quite unique. much of what happened was so weird it is hard to tell if I liked it. it is one of those books that if I tried to describe it, people would think it is just dumb. But it was well crafted and very imaginative.
Jena Marston
Sep 25, 2008 Jena Marston rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy Lovers
Well, I planned on finishing last night, but I got too busy and too tired.

I just finished today and was very happy the way the book ended. The last few chapters were amazing.I am very glad I read this series. I loved how he wrote from a different child's point of view every chapter.

McNish did leave it open to more story if he wanted to, but I don't think he needs too, he pretty much leaves it up to the imagination on what happens next.

Good books, just wish that I could have read them faster!

Oh
Stefanie
A brilliant conclusion to a crazy trilogy, Silver World gives the final battle between the Roar and the enhanced children of earth. Hope is gained and lost as are some of the battles, but the Protector and Milo are strong allies. McNish presents this novel as carefully as the first two, letting each character have their own scenes and struggles and introducing new issues while still resolving the existing ones. The ending is powerful.
Maja
Oct 18, 2013 Maja rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi
wow, what an incredibly unique story! I'd never heard of McNish before I discovered this series at the Lacrosse public library. With so many sci series out there now, this is fresh and newly written. yes, it's about saving the world, but with constant surprises in every chapter. I highly recommend this for anyone interested in Juv sci fi fiction.
Flower
Sep 07, 2010 Flower rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen-read
Great story. How can there not be a 4th book? The ending was a left hanging a little. I did enjoy this series. The 1st book was the best, with the 2nd one as the 2nd best and the 3rd last, although that could change with a 4th book. I would really like to see this series continued. Great view of the characters.
Theo
Jul 16, 2011 Theo rated it it was amazing
This book is EPIC. I liked how Milo kicked some roar butt. It was cool how in the end they go hunting. I hope they win. Carnac was cool but hey got whooped.
Wyatt  bridgham
Apr 13, 2011 Wyatt bridgham rated it really liked it
I thinks that this was a very good book and it had a very good ending. The story line was really well written and I enjoyed reading it.
Kami
Apr 20, 2008 Kami rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I loved it. Third in the series and I want to know more. I would love another book, but I know they have to end sometime. Too bad.
Stefanie
Jan 11, 2015 Stefanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, magic
This was good and I liked the conclusion but I feel like there could have been a fourth book to explore what happened next.
Erin
Dec 31, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, young-adult, 2015
A wonderful ending to a great series. A bit creepy and weird, and I loved it.
Raquel Herrera
Apr 03, 2013 Raquel Herrera rated it liked it
It wasn't as good as the first but it was alright
Jack
Aug 13, 2012 Bella rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread
:D
Briney
Briney marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Megan
Megan added it
Feb 02, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Luke Warren
Luke Warren rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Bernie Blaney
Bernie Blaney rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Bianca
Bianca added it
Jan 17, 2016
Kari Sato
Kari Sato rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Claudette Hoffmann
Claudette Hoffmann rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Clarissa
Clarissa rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Ciera
Ciera marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 8 (Chrono Crusade, #8)
  • Power Of Un
  • Jinx On The Divide (The Divide, #3)
  • Platinum (Golden, #2)
  • Keeper of the Flames (Daughter of Destiny #3)
  • The Chosen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #3)
  • The Andalite Chronicles (Animorphs Chronicles, #1)
  • A Mid-Semester Night's Dream
  • 進撃の巨人 Before the Fall [Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall 1] (Attack on Titan: Before the Fall Light Novels, #1)
  • Clay
  • The Littles and the Great Halloween Scare
  • In the Coils of the Snake (The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy, #3)
  • Spacer and Rat
  • The After-Room (The Apothecary, #3)
  • Diana's Story
  • Mrs. Pepperpot Stories
  • Cybermage (Worldweavers, #3)
  • Prodigy
According to my Mum, when I was arriving in this world on the night of 24th August 1962 the electricity in the house failed, and all the lights went out. So I was born part in darkness and part in candlelight. I’ve no idea what significance that has, but it sounds impressive somehow…

I was born in Sunderland, a city in the north-east of England. I’d like to say I picked up the local Mackam accent,
More about Cliff McNish...

Silver Sequence (3 books)
  • The Silver Child (Silver Sequence, #1)
  • Silver City (Silver Sequence, #2)