Start by marking “Percy and TumTum: A Tale of Two Dogs” as Want to Read:
Percy and TumTum: A Tale of Two Dogs

Percy and TumTum: A Tale of Two Dogs

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  10 reviews
TumTum is the most cushy and cuddly dog in the town. His new family adores him when they bring him home—all except for Percy, the family’sotherdog. TumTum knows lots of tricks, has a beautiful white fluffy coat, and even receives the Pet of the Year award. Jealous of TumTum’s adoring fans, Percy hatches a brilliant plan to make TumTum less cute (which happens to involve a ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Running Press Kids (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Percy and TumTum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Percy and TumTum

Kayce
A very cute story about a dog who is reluctant to make friends with the new addition to the family. The illustrations are adorable and really capture the feelings and personalities of the furry main characters.
Cmeiss330
Cute story with a good, simple message - don't let jerks get you down and be nice to others. The illustrations are adorable too!
Samantha
Percy the dog is jealous of TumTum the new dog in the family. He goes out of his way to be mean, but finds in the end that you can't keep a good dog down. Much like the Grinch, Percy has a change of heart and gains a friend.

Illustrations are detailed and complement the text by flushing out the hatred that Percy has for TumTum. It's the kind of artwork that reveals something new to readers with each rereading.

Both an exaggerated and a realistic read that is wholly entertaining for dog lovers.
Dyah
Tum Tum is a charming roly poly dog with fluffy white hair and everybody loves him. The family that adopt him have another dog named Percy. Percy doesnt like Tum Tum because he thinks Tum Tum is silly. Instead of accepting Tum Tum's friendly gestures, Percy is playing pranks on him. But in the end, Percy realizes that people like Tum Tum not because of his looks, but his personality. The two dogs then become friends.

Eventhough I'm not a fan of dogs, I still find this story fun.

Jacqueline
Liked the art but the story didn't really work for me. As much as I love dogs I find it very hard to believe a whole town would shave it's heads because a dog had all it's hair cut off.
Brindi
I really, really liked the illustrations, but thought the book was a little mean. (I know it was a moral thing and all, but I was sad.)
Jeremiah Lee
Story about realizing that perhaps you should give a new friend a chance. Nothing special, but worth a read once.
Cristina
I liked the voice it was written in--a grown-up voice for kids.
Rahmadiyanti
Oh, Tum Tum... you are so sweeeeeet!
Jessie Jury
Loved the illustrations.
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
An Exhilaration of Wings: The Literature of Birdwatching White Horizon White Horizon: The Arctic in the Nineteenth-Century British Imagination (Studies in the Long Nineteenth Century) White Horizon: The Arctic in the Nineteenth-Century British Imagination (Suny Series, Studies in the Long Nineteenth Century.)