Start by marking “Boten Des Lichtsein Sciencefictionroman Aus Dem Rama Universum” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Boten Des Lichtsein Sc...

Gentry Lee

Boten Des Lichtsein Sciencefictionroman Aus Dem Rama Universum

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  218 ratings  ·  10 reviews
As civilization on earth faces destruction, two vastly different people share a vision both hopeful and tinged with danger. They also share a life on Mars, as a priestess acting on faith and an engineer focused on surviving the harsh red planet. The mystery spawned by a cloud of white particles holds them and Raman society spellbound in the debut novel of the co-author of ...more
505 pages
Published 1997 by Bastei-Verl. Lübbe (first published 1995)

Be the first to ask a question about Boten Des Lichtsein Sciencefictionroman Aus Dem Rama Universum

Brian
Gentry Lee does the enigmatic aliens/wow-factor thing quite well on his own, without Mr. Clarke on board. If you enjoyed the Rama stories, you'll enjoy this too.
Ian
Excellent Clarke based scifi read. Stimulating and imaginitive. What happened to dreaming of science and space? Oh yeah, TV.
Andrew
When I saw this book was "set in the Rama universe", I was very excited to read it. I loved the Rama books and really wanted to continue in that same world. I was quite disappointed in the relation to the Rama books...it mentions the Rama spacecraft a few times, and there is a group of people called The Rama Society...but that's about all the connection there is.

I went through about half of the book waiting for some major connection to appear, but it never came.

I also feel that the first half
Jake
I tend to go easy on Gentry Lee. He gets beat up by many sci-fi fans, and not without some cause. Unlike many ‘great’ authors, Lee is not adept at concealing that each of his books is built around one basic storyline that he keeps adapting to different characters and settings.

One of this novel’s strong points is offering a glimpse at what a colonized Mars might look like. And coming from the boys club of engineers, Gentry Lee is inclined to give us a world where gritty people work hard, swear a
Shane
Great Book set in the Rama Universe. If you like the how the story is told in the Rama series, this book (two actually) continues in the same manner. These two books actually ties up a loose end in the originally Rama series but still is not needed for the story. I like it because I loved the Rama series. However, if you didn't I would skip these two (Bright Messengers and Double Full Moon Night).
Beth
Apr 29, 2008 Beth rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: scifi buffs, fans of Rama and Arthur C Clark
I got this for free in a pile of books given to me by a friend. It's okay. Rather predictable. Nowhere near as engaging as the Rama books which this and its sequel are an off-shoot of but it kept me interested to the end. I'm not sure if I want to read the sequel, Double Full Moon Night. It's not really calliing my name.
Ken
I believe Gentry Lee is the brainchild behind the Rama saga (the plots are much more elaborate than the original Rendevous with Rama by Clarke).

what happened to Gentry Lee? have not seen any new offering from him for quite some time. Could it be the big D?
Chuck
Page-turner, but in the end, I felt like it never really gave me anything to think about. Maybe it'll all come together in part 2.
Bradley
An interesting tale that test your humanity. Not really my thing though.. especially after the heroine dies. This one goes bye-bye.
Maciej
W porównaniu do wcześniejszych części cyklu Rama - słaba pozycja. Gentry Lee to na pewno nie C.Clarke...
Becki
Becki marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Tyson Bunby
Tyson Bunby marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Tanya Mitchell
Tanya Mitchell is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Sean Barden
Sean Barden marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Jp
Jp marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Lukas
Lukas marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Michael Bray
Michael Bray marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Jakub Valosek
Jakub Valosek marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Eric Pedersen
Eric Pedersen marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Adam D. Colon
Adam D. Colon marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
  • An Exchange of Hostages (Under Jurisdiction, #1)
  • Emprise: Book 1 of the Trigon Disunity
  • Tides of Light (Galactic Center, #4)
  • Moonrise (Moonbase Saga, #1)
  • Vigilant (Expendables, #2)
  • Rolling Hot (Hammer's Slammers #4)
  • The Genesis Quest
  • Unholy Domain (PeaceMaker, #2)
  • Hadon of Ancient Opar
  • Titan (NASA Trilogy, #2)
  • One Step from Earth
  • Precursor (Foreigner, #4)
  • The Infinite Sea (The Chaos Chronicles, #3)
  • The Other End of Time
Gentry Lee is Chief Engineer for the Solar System Exploration Directorate at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California. In that position Mr. Lee is responsible for the engineering integrity of all the robotic planetary missions managed by JPL for NASA. His major recent work includes the engineering oversight of the Curiosity rover to Mars, the Dawn mission to the asteroids Vesta ...more
More about Gentry Lee...
Double Full Moon Night The Tranquility Wars History of the 21st Century Rama: The Omnibus Rama : l'intégrale, Tome 1