Start by marking “Boten Des Lichtsein Sciencefictionroman Aus Dem Rama Universum” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Boten Des Lichtsein Sc...
Gentry Lee

Boten Des Lichtsein Sciencefictionroman Aus Dem Rama Universum

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  277 ratings  ·  13 reviews
As civilization on earth faces destruction, two vastly different people share a vision both hopeful and tinged with danger. They also share a life on Mars, as a priestess acting on faith and an engineer focused on surviving the harsh red planet. The mystery spawned by a cloud of white particles holds them and Raman society spellbound in the debut novel of the co-author of ...more
505 pages
Published 1997 by Bastei-Verl. Lübbe (first published 1995)

Be the first to ask a question about Boten Des Lichtsein Sciencefictionroman Aus Dem Rama Universum

Absolutely the worst book I've ever read in my entire life. Arthur C. Clarke is my favorite Science Fiction writer. He partnered with Gentry Lee on some of the Rama books, (in retrospect) to develop the characters in Rama. I loved the Rama series. Since this was a continuation of Rama, I had high hopes. Some spoilers, so don't read further if you don't want to know. The book sets a plot of good defeating evil all the way up to the end, and then the bad guy wins, the good guy loses, and the girl ...more
Gentry Lee does the enigmatic aliens/wow-factor thing quite well on his own, without Mr. Clarke on board. If you enjoyed the Rama stories, you'll enjoy this too.
Excellent Clarke based scifi read. Stimulating and imaginitive. What happened to dreaming of science and space? Oh yeah, TV.
When I saw this book was "set in the Rama universe", I was very excited to read it. I loved the Rama books and really wanted to continue in that same world. I was quite disappointed in the relation to the Rama mentions the Rama spacecraft a few times, and there is a group of people called The Rama Society...but that's about all the connection there is.

I went through about half of the book waiting for some major connection to appear, but it never came.

I also feel that the first half
It was several years ago when I finished this book. I do not wish to give away much of its content, I agree with some of the other reviewers that it did mention the Rama Universe but barely mentioned Rama. This was likely just to sale the book.
I will say one thing. It and Double Full Moon Nights (the sequel) are a good series. The actual Rama series with Arthur C Clarke and Gentry Lee is better. The date when I finished this book is just a guess. I have not that much memory.
I tend to go easy on Gentry Lee. He gets beat up by many sci-fi fans, and not without some cause. Unlike many ‘great’ authors, Lee is not adept at concealing that each of his books is built around one basic storyline that he keeps adapting to different characters and settings.

One of this novel’s strong points is offering a glimpse at what a colonized Mars might look like. And coming from the boys club of engineers, Gentry Lee is inclined to give us a world where gritty people work hard, swear a
Great Book set in the Rama Universe. If you like the how the story is told in the Rama series, this book (two actually) continues in the same manner. These two books actually ties up a loose end in the originally Rama series but still is not needed for the story. I like it because I loved the Rama series. However, if you didn't I would skip these two (Bright Messengers and Double Full Moon Night).
Norman Howe
Apr 29, 2008 Beth rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: scifi buffs, fans of Rama and Arthur C Clark
I got this for free in a pile of books given to me by a friend. It's okay. Rather predictable. Nowhere near as engaging as the Rama books which this and its sequel are an off-shoot of but it kept me interested to the end. I'm not sure if I want to read the sequel, Double Full Moon Night. It's not really calliing my name.
I believe Gentry Lee is the brainchild behind the Rama saga (the plots are much more elaborate than the original Rendevous with Rama by Clarke).

what happened to Gentry Lee? have not seen any new offering from him for quite some time. Could it be the big D?
Page-turner, but in the end, I felt like it never really gave me anything to think about. Maybe it'll all come together in part 2.
An interesting tale that test your humanity. Not really my thing though.. especially after the heroine dies. This one goes bye-bye.
W porównaniu do wcześniejszych części cyklu Rama - słaba pozycja. Gentry Lee to na pewno nie C.Clarke...
Aaron Wilton
Aaron Wilton marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Jeramiah marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Ian Mcrae
Ian Mcrae marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Jason marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Vlastimil marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Gordon Walsh
Gordon Walsh marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
David marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
John marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Steven Ryan
Steven Ryan marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
  • Emprise: Book 1 of the Trigon Disunity
  • An Exchange of Hostages (Under Jurisdiction, #1)
  • Cosm
  • One Step from Earth
  • The Genesis Quest
  • Unholy Domain (PeaceMaker, #2)
  • Sunborn (Chaos Chronicles, #4)
  • Tom Swift and His Jetmarine (Tom Swift Jr, #2)
  • Hadon of Ancient Opar
  • Special Deliverance
  • Dreaming Metal
  • The Giants Novels (Giants, #1-3)
  • Titan
  • The Ragged Astronauts (Land and Overland Series, #1)
  • Violations (Star Trek: Voyager #4)
Gentry Lee is Chief Engineer for the Solar System Exploration Directorate at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California. In that position Mr. Lee is responsible for the engineering integrity of all the robotic planetary missions managed by JPL for NASA. His major recent work includes the engineering oversight of the Curiosity rover to Mars, the Dawn mission to the asteroids Vesta ...more
More about Gentry Lee...
Double Full Moon Night The Tranquility Wars History of the 21st Century Rama: The Omnibus Rama : l'intégrale, Tome 1