Start by marking “Hideout” as Want to Read:
Hideout

Hideout

Les ténèbres d’une forêt plongée dans la nuit. Sous une pluie battante, un homme déterminé traque une victime terrifiée. La décision de Seiichi Kirishima est prise : ce soir, il va tuer sa femme.
Pourtant, un an plus tôt, c’était un homme heureux. Écrivain à succès, mari comblé et papa d’un jeune garçon… à l’époque, tout semble lui réussir. Mais ce bonheur sans faille n’est
Published 2011 by Editions Ki-oon (first published November 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hideout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hideout

Entre letras y cámaras
La feria del libro nos ha llenado las manos, esta vez gracias a mi hermana, he conseguido hacerme con este manga autoconclusivo. Cuando leí la sinopsis dije “Seguro que no es para tanto”, pues mi querido lector: SÍ lo es.

Primero nos encontramos con un maravilloso dibujo muy detallado y las primeras páginas en color (algo muy extraño para un manga los cuales siempre son en blanco y negro) y empieza por el medio de la historia y da un salto hacia delante.

Para leer la reseña completa haz clic aquí
Yue
Nov 06, 2015 Yue rated it liked it
Recommended to Yue by: Nyie Rombeng
So creepy, both plot and art. The art is amazing.
Mark
Mar 23, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, manga
Di sebuah pulau yang memiliki resort indah, tersimpan cerita misteri tentang orang-orang yang menghilang secara misterius dan tidak pernah ditemukan kembali. Kirishima dan istrinya memutuskan untuk berlibur di pulau tersebut setelah mengalami musibah tragis, dimana anak tunggal mereka yang bernama Jun tewas karena tanpa sengaja jatuh dari balkon apartemen. Kirishima memilih berlibur bersama istrinya, Miki, dengan maksud untuk memulai segalanya kembali dari awal. Ternyata, memulai kembali yang ia ...more
Sarah El Hantes
Jun 24, 2016 Sarah El Hantes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Hideout is a horror manga.The series is pretty short, consisting of nine chapters,even in a manga as short as this, the characters have been depicted quite well
The story was actually pretty good and interesting.
The art works perfectly with the story! It's really clean. One of the best I've seen.
I’ll gladly recommend If you want a good horror manga to read, this should be one that you should read.

Nyie Rombeng
graphic drawing inside hideout is totally dark,fright,and thrilling!X)
but one of point interest is different storyline is about desperation,terror,& death.yeah!death&terror is first essential for most dark or psychological thriller story like this but adding desperation feeling makes more"alive"!
kirisima desperation brought himself to dark moment of his life exactly his son's death,jun who haunting himself.
along the story,hideout will brought yourself to terrifying situation also scared.
Shoumik
Jul 18, 2016 Shoumik rated it really liked it
A story so bleak that it is suffocating. There Harrowing art, pitch black Nihilism.
The writing could have been better, the characterization left a lot to be desired
but the art stole the show for me. Many a night will images of the light and the
damp, hidden corridors and bulging eyes will haunt me in my dreams.
Victor
Jul 06, 2016 Victor rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
Es un manga con una buena historia, el dibujo es muy bueno pero lo malo es que es muy corto el manga, lo leí creo que en una hora. Ademas la historia tenia elementos para desarrollarlos aun mas o para continuarlos en otros tomos.

Un manga recomendable.
Biondy
Nov 14, 2014 Biondy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Kalau punya istri kayak gitu, gak heran suaminya jadi punya niat membunuh :v.

Cerita dan gambarnya bagus. Suka sama komik ini.
Kaisu
Apr 14, 2016 Kaisu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Feiner Grusel! Hätte ich gar nicht so düster erwartet, aber passt alles!
Andre
Nov 11, 2016 Andre rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, manga-comics
This was kind of weird. Not because of the horror though, that was fine, but rather due to the characters and the attacker. You see I still wonder whether that was some very old guy or some monster or mutant. Sure, the attacker looks already pretty damn weird, but he might be very old, but his son that he had with a definitely normal looking human woman is probably not even ten and already has a face as wrinkled as if he was 80 or so.
And as for the protagonist and his girlfriend, mostly the whol
emily
Nov 18, 2016 emily rated it really liked it
This manga is a quick and easy read (I finished it in about half an hour). The art is outstanding and the story is better than average. Back on the topic of Hideout's art, the art was exceptionally detailed and reminded me of some of the 80's and 90's manga I have heard about/read. The story has a rather impacting plot twist at the end. I recommend this one shot manga if you have some time on your hands and are looking for an interesting read.
Sandi Turla
Nov 11, 2016 Sandi Turla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Damn it, why did I read this at 3 A.M. O_O_O_O
Edotz Herjunot
Nov 27, 2016 Edotz Herjunot rated it it was amazing
Komik horror paling serem yang pernah gue baca, keren!
Clay Haase
Aug 22, 2014 Clay Haase rated it really liked it
Review brought by Geekly Review

‘Hideout’, by Kakizaki Masasumi, when compared to other mangas of the same genre is quite a short work. With just one volume and nine chapters, it can take even less than an hour depending on how fast of a reader one is, one might not expect a lot of depth at all or any character development for that matter. However, Kakizaki actually manages to pull this through and spin a realistic and depressing tale in Hideout’s short length.

The story follows and is entirely
Priyanka
Oct 25, 2012 Priyanka rated it really liked it
[This review has originally been posted by me on MyAnimeList.net under the username _Rika]

“How long was I locked up in that room? A day? A week? I could no longer tell. On top of driving you crazy, the darkness and isolation also robbed you of all your sense of time.”

Kirishima Seiichi’s life has so far been full of ups and downs— recurring letdowns in his career as a writer, the tragic death of his son and to top it all, the cold and distant attitude of his wife. With the alleged intention of
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
it was awesome, the plot was interesting, it had drama, action, guilt, everything you could think off and the fact that he become the monster he despised the most and how it happened with just a thought damn so well done really. It made me think in a lot of things.
Abigail
Sep 25, 2016 Abigail rated it it was amazing
I was bored and sleepy when I came acrossed this manga. I love horror mangas, stories and everything so I gave this a try, and it's totally WORTH IT! The drawing is great as well as the story. I love the concept of the manga. And the ending! It's so great! It's worth a time to read especially to horror stories lovers! Kindly give this manga a try and you will surely love it :)
Chechu Rebota
La verdad es que no termino de entender el enorme éxito que tiene esta obra entre los fans del manga. No me malinterpretes, no me parece un mal manga, el dibujo es espectacular y resulta una lectura muy entretenida.

El problema es que la historia me pareció floja, por un lado los personajes son bastante tópicos y planos, sin demasiada profundidad. Vale que al ser un solo volumen no hay mucho espacio para explayarse, pero me parecieron demasiado burdos y explícitos. Por otro lado la historia me es
James Dunphy
Oct 25, 2014 James Dunphy rated it really liked it
Hideout is an interesting one-shot manga from a mangaka I have never read anything by before. The cover made me think it was perfect for a Halloween read, and it is one of the few one volume horror mangas I have seen from someone who isn't Junji Ito or Hideshi Hino.
The story is so simple it deserves to be a horror movie; a husband and wife try to reconcile the loss of their son with a vacation to the mountains. They find themselves trapped in a cave where a wild savage man is holding a woman and
Amit Shetty
Sep 23, 2016 Amit Shetty rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangaka
You gotta hand it to the Japanese to turn a simple story into a living nightmare. Great art work. This is one of those novels that could've been longer. Nevertheless for the amount that was written it's a great read.
Lucy (Talk Less, Smile More)

This manga was amazing! I loved watching the main character's slow descent into madness. I thought the pacing of the story was well done and the flashbacks really brought it all together.

I found it funny that I didn't actually like anyone, and yet it didn't take away from the story. I hated the wife! (view spoiler)
Federica Riccardi
La trama non è particolarmente originale: uno scrittore esasperato dalla vita tenta l’omicidio della moglie, nell’isola in cui sono andati in vacanza sperando in un nuovo inizio della loro vita di coppia. Certo quello che é imprevedibile è il seguito, in cui qualcosa che si nasconde nelle viscere della terra cambierá radicalmente il viaggio di Seiichi e sua moglie Miki.

Il punto di vista della narrazione è ben fisso nella testa di Seiichi e, infatti, lui è l’unico personaggio di cui sia mostrata
Sebastien
Jul 19, 2016 Sebastien rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Moi et ma famille on est parti en court séjour dans un hotel pour relaxer, mais ayant de jeunes enfants j’ai dû planifier mes passe temps quand viendra l’heure du couché. J’ai donc décidé de m’apporter 1 one shot manga et un intégral en 3 livre. Ma première lecture fut Hideout.

Quand j’ai vu ce manga au magasin, c’est comme s’il m’avait appelé. La qualité de la présentation, les dessins et le résumé à l’arrière, tout me disait que c’était un bon achat (même les critiques sur manga news). J’avais
Kitty Holmes
Oct 18, 2015 Kitty Holmes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hideout es un tomo único más que satisfactorio. Nos cuenta una historia de terror muy bien construida, que sabe dosificar la información para mantener el interés y que nos llegue en el momento preciso. Con un protagonista interesante precisamente por no ser lo que se dice un héroe y un final sorprendente. Y encima se lee en un abrir y cerrar de ojos.

Si os gustan las tramas de terror, sin duda os recomiendo echarle un ojo a este manga. Tal vez no os deje mucha huella, pero os entretendrá un buen
Edward Lebowski
Nov 18, 2013 Edward Lebowski rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, horror
"Quanto tempo sarà passato da quando sono rinchiuso qui dentro? Un giorno... una settimana...? Ormai non so più nemmeno questo...
La solitudine e il buio non ti sottraggono solo il senno, ma anche il tempo..."

Non sono un fan dell'horror ne del manga ma devo dire che questo volume è realizzato davvero bene. Una storia breve che cattura e tiene inchiodati fino all'ultima pagina anche grazie a dei disegni ben fatti e curati in ogni particolare. Anche la morale che lascia ha quel retrogusto amaro ch
Stella
Dec 19, 2014 Stella rated it liked it
É um mangá de terror psicológico interessante. O protagonista é um escritor decadente, casado com uma mulher superficial e insensível e tem um filho. Ou melhor, tinha. O desenvolvimento da história me lembrou muito o 'The Shining', mas pode ser só porque eu terminei de ler este há 2 dias, ou porque o autor escreve no final que ele foi muito influenciado pelo Stephen King.
Não é um mangá genial ou inovador, mas é uma leitura legal e rápida (li em 20 minutos).
Ethelred (Souris de la Bibliothèque)
Este manga no es del estilo que leo normalmente pero solo con ver su portada me entraron unas ganas tremendas de leerlo. Esta al nivel de muchas películas de horror que salen últimamente en el cine.
El arte, el estilo del dibujo, es espectacular y consigue transportarnos en este ambiente aterrador.
El único punto negativo que le encuentro es que sea demasiado rápido de leer. Es una pena comprarlo y haberlo acabado unos minutos después...
Marsten
Feb 21, 2015 Marsten rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marsten by: Óscar Morales
Shelves: terror, comic
Un manga muy bueno.

Sin ser la historia nada profunda ni elaborada, es puro divertimento y me ha gustado mucho!
Es muy angustioso, oscuro, malvado y violento.
Una buena y fresca lectura de un día.
Me ha hecho pensar en las pelis de The Descent i Hostel, sin ser un calco de estas.
El dibujo es genial y los monstruos de la cueva son muy grimosos y espeluzantes.
Me encanta el final.
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)

Intrigued by these images and the blurb sounds wicked. I hope it's not too much for me to handle.

* July 27th, 2014
Abdul
Jul 02, 2014 Abdul rated it liked it
Shelves: mangaonline
saya ga dapet feel horror nya di manga nih,
entah kenapa, mungkin saya tidak biasa membaca manga, sayalebih senang membaca adegan yang dinarasikan dari pada digambarkan. tapi saya akui untuk gambarnya sangat bagus, dan monster nya benar2 seram.

nambah, isteri macam itu emang pantas dibunuh sih, haha
  • Ichi the killer, vol. 1
  • アイアムアヒーロー, Vol. 3
  • MPD Psycho, Vol. 2
  • Gantz /11
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 14 (Battle Royale, #14)
  • Berserk, Vol. 19
  • Tomie, Volume 1 (The Junji Ito Horror Comic Collection #1)