Start by marking “Fragmentary Blue (Alex & CJ, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fragmentary Blue (Alex & CJ, #1)

Fragmentary Blue (Alex & CJ #1)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  178 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
C.J. St. Clair’s success as an Internal Affairs investigator in her hometown of Savannah, Georgia, has brought her a new job and a fresh start in Colfax, Colorado. Among the many welcome sights on her new horizons is Alex Ryan, the head of Detective Unit.

Captain Ryan loves her department, her detectives and her family. Loving another woman isn’t in the game plan, but C.J.’
Published March 20th 2012 by Bella Books (first published March 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fragmentary Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fragmentary Blue

Death by the Riverside by J.M. RedmannHunter's Way by Gerri HillThe News in Small Towns by Iza MoreauMadness in Small Towns by Iza MoreauDeaths of Jocasta by J.M. Redmann
best lesbian mysteries
32nd out of 162 books — 56 voters
Tropical Storm by Melissa GoodAbove All, Honor by RadclyffeWithout Warning by K.G. MacGregorHunter's Way by Gerri HillHonor Bound by Radclyffe
Best Lesbian Novel Series
76th out of 82 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Lex Kent
Apr 07, 2016 Lex Kent rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f-crime
I didn't know anything about this book before hand. Just sort of stumbled upon it as a rental from booksfree, and boy I'm glad I did. It was well written, engaging, romantic, with a small bit of suspense. Really, you can't ask for more in the crime genre.
Characters are always a big thing for me. If the characters are really likeable, I can forgive a few plot holes or other story problems. (not that this story had problems) And to me the main characters in this story where great, especially CJ.
Carleen
Jun 25, 2012 Carleen rated it really liked it
Perhaps best classified as Romantic Suspense/Intrigue, Fragmentary Blue keeps the reader at the edge of her seat as the main characters navigate their mutual attraction and their jobs. Since avoiding spoilers is incredibly important when it comes to suspense novels, I don’t want to give anything away – so, I’ve included the summary provided on the book’s back cover:

C.J. St. Clair’s success as a police officer has brought her a new job and a fresh start with Internal Affairs in Colfax, Colorado.
Michelle
Jun 18, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
I would have liked for the conclusion of this book to have been a little more action driven, and for the mystery aspect to have been fleshed out with a few diversions, but overall I enjoyed this book a lot. It's particularly nice to read a romance in which the main characters are swept up in one another, yes, but also have mature conversations about their expectations and such. It pulls the love story away from fantasy and toward believability.
Tina Taylor
May 12, 2014 Tina Taylor rated it liked it
As I do tend to like cop dramas, this one was OK. I guess I'm partial to Gerri Hill and her characters. This book was not bad it just wasn't as good for me as Hill's books. I am still going to read the second book, because I do like CJ and Alex and want to see where there story goes.
Kennedy
Sep 30, 2015 Kennedy rated it it was amazing
C.J. St. Clair is a character to remember. She is joyful, funny and passionate about her work and Captain Alex Ryan. The story was interesting and held my attention. Some parts of the story were confusing (related to the hairy situation involving Alex) but I continued to read and felt pretty good about the ending. Oh yeah, the ya'll was awesomely used :)
Pin
I read Fragmentary Blue yesterday and its sequel Certain Dark Things today. That says it all. Both books worked for me and I am looking forward to the next one in the series.
Lexxi Kitty
I was not sure what to expect with this one. Before beginning the book all I really knew was that it involved police officers in some way. And lesbians. Was not even sure if it involved lesbian police officers, just that both should be contained within the book. Oh, and a bit of romance. But I was not sure how it might all get tied together. As in, I've read police books, with lesbians, that were much more focused on the mystery, and other books wherein the inclusion of police was just window dr ...more
susan
Nov 04, 2015 susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real love

I loved the storyline and characters in this story. The mystery had me stumped from the start. Usually I have a good idea of who the killer is but not in this one. I really loved it when the Comedy lines where thrown it...
Keely
Sep 21, 2015 Keely rated it really liked it
This is the first lesbian romance novel, and only the second romance novel, that I've ever read and I loved it. I have to admit, however, that the writing could have been better in some areas, and their could have been a little more mystery and suspense, but in the end, I'm happy with reading this book. I thought CJ and Alex were interesting characters, and I wouldn't mind reading the rest of this series.
Anastasia
Jun 29, 2013 Anastasia rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The mystery aspect of it was intriguing, and the romance was sweet. This was my first book with a lesbian couple and I was unsure how I would feel about it, but I enjoyed both ladies and their developing relationship. Apparently this is part of a series, so I'm looking forward to reading the next one.
Regina
May 31, 2015 Regina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Book 1 of the Alex and CJ series, their chemistry is simply over the roof! Taut writing, engaging mystery, sizzling passion, great characters (CJ! Alex! Vivian!), the series that made me a huge Erica Abbott fan. Can't wait for her upcoming book (so excited!), as well as the 4th CJ and Alex book...
Marjorie Elwood
Jul 20, 2013 Marjorie Elwood rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt, mystery, fiction
This is a quick-moving lesbian romance/cop mystery novel. The characters are more complex than usual in a romance and I enjoyed the interplay between them. It's set in Denver and the cop/mystery portion of the book was compelling enough that I couldn't put the book down.
Jessica Nguyen
Apr 20, 2013 Jessica Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: life_fiction, owned
It's quite a romantic love story between Alex & CJ. I found it amusing and really enjoyed their funny conversations and teasing each other. The storyline is smart and logic enough. One good book.
Nolly  Sepulveda
Apr 08, 2012 Nolly Sepulveda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Loved it, wish there would have been more closer on CJ's family life, but that's just the romantic in me.
Bib
Oct 12, 2012 Bib rated it really liked it
Surprise, surprise! I am impressed that this is the author's debutante work.
Tobi Grantham
Tobi Grantham marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Frenchlol53
Frenchlol53 rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Emiliehoste1
Emiliehoste1 marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Cin
Cin marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Tsundoku
Tsundoku rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
LJ
LJ marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Lavender
Lavender marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Janine Rogers
Janine Rogers rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Noa
Noa marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Balthazaar
Balthazaar marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Endlesscribbles
Endlesscribbles marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Tiff
Tiff marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Conflict of Interest
  • American Yakuza
  • Blessed Twice
  • Like Jazz
  • Trails Merge
  • Molly: House on Fire
  • Deaths of Jocasta (Micky Knight, #2)
  • Heart Block
  • Give Me A Reason
  • A Question of Ghosts
  • Without Warning (Shaken, #1)
  • Just Jorie
  • Survived by Her Longtime Companion
  • Midnight In Orlando
  • Worth the Risk
Erica Abbott has been an attorney for nearly thirty years, many spent working with law enforcement and local government as a prosecutor. She has also taught legal courses, studied bridge and golf—mastering neither—and has appeared as a performer and singer in numerous local community theater productions in her beloved Denver, Colorado. She currently lives in Denver with her life partner.
Erica Abbo
More about Erica Abbott...

Alex & CJ (3 books)
  • Certain Dark Things (Alex & CJ, #2)
  • Acquainted with the Night (Alex & CJ, #3)