Start by marking “No Matter What...They'll Call This Book Racist: How our Fear of Talking Honestly About Race Hurts Us All” as Want to Read:

In the Age of Obama, the ugly charge of racism is more prevalent than ever. Why? Because telling the truth about racial profiling, crime, the social fallout of single parent homes, and the ways racial preferences distort the very meaning of equity and justice would mean facing up to the soul-destroying pathologies of urban black culture. Instead, black leaders and their gu ...more
Published April 17th 2012 by Encounter Books (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about No Matter What...They'll Call This Book Racist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Matter What...They'll Call This Book Racist

Bojan Tunguz
Apr 20, 2012 Bojan Tunguz rated it really liked it
The subject of race is the most polarizing and contentious topic in American politics. Given America’s history, it is not hard to see why. The legacy of slavery, Civil war, and Civil rights struggle has left an indelible mark on the American soul. Nonetheless, America as a whole has come a long way in terms of its race relations. Americans of all ages and walks of life have become increasingly less racist in their outlook, and the ugliest instances of racism have all but vanished from most place ...more
Christina
Aug 22, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it
Harry Stein makes some valid points about the dismal state of race politics continuing in American Life today. I have a unique viewpoint because I was the victim of a racial attack when I was in graduate school. So I'm wary of the ethic that "all whites are racist" when racism happened in the opposite direction to me. Obama was lucky people voted for him even though his Reverend Wright could be considered hateful. The hate and anger that goes on is simply unbelievable.

Harry Stein excoriates peop
Selena
While this book appeared well-researched, it came off more as a conservative rant than a well-argued book. I can hear my various SAGES (seminar English) professors now: "Where's the other side?"

While Stein comments on the other side quite often, it's just to say, "Look how wrong these guys are!" rather than, "While they're right about x, they're wrong when it comes to y and z."

What's even funnier, while Stein was making the argument that no one demanded college transcripts of Obama because he's
Greg Perciak
Jul 03, 2012 Greg Perciak rated it really liked it
If the following passage makes you curious, read the book!
"In 1899, there were four academic public high schools in Washington D.C. - one black and three white... In standardized tests given that year, students in the black high school averaged higher test scores than two of the three white high schools."
You read that right - we're talking about 1899. Contrast that with today's reality. This is one brave author who dares to cross the PC line and bridge the racial divide with heart and honesty.
Kevin
Aug 01, 2012 Kevin rated it really liked it
Apart from some unnecessary flip lines, this book was really good - one of those books you wished you everyone you know would read so you can see what parts people disagree with. The most interesting parts to me were the discussions of crime and "acting white."
Nathan Sharp
May 17, 2012 Nathan Sharp rated it liked it
Everyone should read this book! It is very refreshing to hear unabashed honesty about the terrible consequences to everybody, white and black alike, from progressive policies in this country.
Tom Foreman
Tom Foreman rated it liked it
May 08, 2012
Derryck
Derryck rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Abhilash Nambiar
Abhilash Nambiar rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2014
Hunter
Hunter rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2015
Dan Ribble
Dan Ribble rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2013
Keith Mcwilliams
Keith Mcwilliams rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2016
Sima
Sima rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2012
Athens
Athens rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Bunny
Bunny rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2012
David
David rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2013
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
May 06, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2012
Drs
Drs rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2014
Caleb Doxsey
Caleb Doxsey rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Jason
Jason rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2013
David
David rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Molly Love
Molly Love rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2012
andrew c traud
andrew c traud rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2015
Josh Gwyn
Josh Gwyn rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Gary
Gary rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Howard Granger
Howard Granger rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Tyranny of Clichés: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas
  • Hollywood Hypocrites
  • Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation
  • A Disease in the Public Mind: A New Understanding of Why We Fought the Civil War
  • The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression
  • Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama
  • The Secret Knowledge: On the Dismantling of American Culture
  • Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies
  • Keep It Pithy: Useful Observations in a Tough World
  • Don't Vote, it Just Encourages the Bastards
  • Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed
  • Titanic Love Stories: The True Stories of 13 Honeymoon Couples Who Sailed on the Titanic
  • The World Turned Upside Down: The Global Battle over God, Truth, and Power
  • Dismantling America: and other controversial essays
  • Learning to Be White: Money, Race, and God in America
  • The Sculptors of Mapungubwe
  • The End Is Near and It's Going to Be Awesome: How Going Broke Will Leave America Richer, Happier, and More Secure
  • Musungu Jim and the Great Chief Tuluko
Conservative author Harry Stein is known for his light touch on hard topics: How I Accidentally Joined the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy (And Found Inner Peace): I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Republican; The Idiot Vote -- The Democrats' Core Constituency; etc. Now, with his comic novel Will Tripp, Pissed Off Attorney-at-Law , he does his bit to take back popular culture from the radical lef ...more
More about Harry Stein...