Start by marking “Leaning into Sharp Points: Practical Guidance and Nurturing Support for Caregivers” as Want to Read:

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Whether you’re coping with a loved one who has received a terminal diagnosis, has a long-term illness or disability, or suffers with dementia, caregiving is challenging and crucial. Those who face this responsibility, whether occasionally or 24/7, are brushing up against life’s sharpest point. In this book, Stan Goldberg offers an honest, caring, and comprehensive guide to ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by New World Library (first published February 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Leaning into Sharp Points, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaning into Sharp Points

K2 -----
This is a brilliant book full of insights and practical advice about what it is to be a caregiver and what ways one can properly care for someone with intention, compassion, and love.

There were several lines that I made notes of including, "The decision to die in a hospital has the underlying premise that the length of time left to live in more important than the quality of time remaining"

I read the book cover-to-cover in order but it is also a book that can be sampled and dipped in and out of
Naomi
Goldberg shares what he has learned from his life as a hospice volunteer, family caregiver, and speech pathologist to assist caregivers. Goldberg provides a quiet, steady, and compassionate voice to help caregivers better understand the journey they are on with loved ones who have progressive and terminal illnesses. The books is rich with helpful practices to try, particularly with the wearying and trying times.
Patricia
I loved the author's caring and comprehensive book about end of life care. He was very thorough and gave how-tos such as initiating difficult conversation, caring for oneself while caring for another and much more. Stan Goldberg PhD has been a hospice volunteer and caregiver for many years. This book should be read!
Kate
It was a good general overview of the subject. It might just not have been the book I was looking for. His guidance on being a caregiver to someone who started out as a difficult human being in the first place did not help me. This may be more a reflection on my own character than the veracity of his advice.
Mary
Written for caregivers, this book is a treasure trove of information. It is slanted towards caregiving at the end of an adult life, but the information can be utilized by all in a caregiving role.
Anne
wish I had read this before Bob's mother was dying
nice balance of thinking about caregivers and the cared-for
potential to help me help my dad...sigh
Leigh
A realistic guide to the difficulties of being a caregiver. Not the best book on the subject I've ever read but helpful none the less.
Joyce Mason
Joyce Mason marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
ByTheFire
ByTheFire marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Terena Scott
Terena Scott is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2012
Stan Goldberg has authored 7 books, 40 articles, and over 100 lectures and workshops throughout the world. His publications have received numerous national and international writing awards. His latest book, LESSONS FOR THE LIVING: Stories of Forgiveness, Gratitude, and Courage at the End of Life is Stans memoir of learning to live with cancer by helping people in hospice die. MYSELF.COM A book to ...more
More about Stan Goldberg...
Lessons for the Living: Stories of Forgiveness, Gratitude, and Courage at the End of Life Archie Archie: The Best of Stan Goldberg Jughead with Archie Archie Digest Magazine #216