Start by marking “Second Time Around” as Want to Read:
Second Time Around

Second Time Around (Time Lottery #2)

In this sequel to Time Lottery, three more more winners are given the unique opportunity to visit their past - and the choice to live within that new reality. Can David Stancowsky stop the love of his life from dying? Will Vanessa Caldwell break the patterns of dysfunction before she makes a terrible mistake? And why does Hollywood A-lister, Lane Holloway, want to return h ...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Greenbrier Book Company, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Second Time Around, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Time Around

Linda
Apr 27, 2011 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What do an Vanessa, David and Lane have in common? In this sequel to "Time Lottery", they are the next three people chosen to go back into time for a second chance.

While reading both this book and "Time Lottery", something just bothered me about both, even though I enjoyed reading them. Then last night, it hit me....the Bible says "And as it is appointed for men to die once...." (Hebs. 9:27 NKJV), how can someone continue to live in the past while their body here dies? I realize it's just a fict
Wynne
Jul 21, 2012 Wynne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, just as much (if not more) than the first one. I find it very thought-provoking. If I was able to travel back to an earlier time, which one would I choose? What would I do differently? And would I stay or return to the present?

Although time travel is yet only fictional, this book also makes me consider what God is leading me toward now and in the future. What gifts can I still use? As long as one is alive, it is not too late.

Tasha
Oct 13, 2014 Tasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book in to Time Lottery. I really like it too. It is still giving 3 people a chance to change their lives and boy did they learn a thing or two this time. Also, it gave families an opportunity in the "here and now" to really evaulate what they may have done differently or what they could do differently. Like I said a good book!!
Colleen Scott
Mar 17, 2009 Colleen Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a keeper. It shows that we are all human, no matter what our walk in life. As for myself, I really wouldn't desire to go back in time, as there isn't anything I would want to change. At least, nothing I can think of right now. But to have the opportunity to do so for some people would be very important.
Brooke
Jul 26, 2014 Brooke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I read the first one, but it came back pretty quickly (without the mind numbing recap some books offer). Since this was about 3 new journeys, reading the first isn't necessary to enjoying this story.
Mandy
Aug 19, 2013 Mandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first was better.
Lisa
Time Lottery series / book two
Eleisha Luck
Jul 29, 2007 Eleisha Luck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Second book in the series and I loved it as much as the first one.
George
Awesome!!
Nora St Laurent
Jul 13, 2015 Nora St Laurent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed book one in this series but was surprised I thought this book was even better than the first. A few people are given a second chance at life.

“Can David Stancowsky stop the love of his life from dying?”
“Will Vanessa Caldwell break the patterns of dysfunction before she makes a terrible mistake?”

“Why does Hollywood A-lister Lane Holloway want to return home?”

While Time Lottery spokesman Alexander MacMillan manages the increasingly dangerous paparazzi on the outside, the contestants face
Christopher Ruybal
Christopher Ruybal rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Maurice Jr.
Maurice Jr. rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2012
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2009
Mike D.
Mike D. rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2009
Sonya
Sonya rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2009
eleisha
eleisha rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2014
Donna Hall
Donna Hall rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2012
Mary Hackathorn-powers
Mary Hackathorn-powers rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Sherry L. Hartman
Sherry L. Hartman rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Deb Walsh
Deb Walsh rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2014
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2012
Mollie McGrath
Mollie McGrath rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Janet
Apr 12, 2017 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first one many years ago. This is the second one and because it had been so long for me I was unable to remember much about the first one.

I still enjoyed this book.

People bought tickets to be able to travel back in time for a week to anytime in their life. They chould choise to stay in the past or come back after a week.
Nothing would change in the future if they stayed in the past.

Person 1 - a famous actress went back in time to before she was famous
Person 2 - went back to before hi
Joyce
Apr 16, 2017 Joyce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i really enjoyed this book.it's basically a christian fiction.it's a continuation of time lottery,which is also a very good read.
they have a lottery and pick three winners to go back in time to find out what would happen if they had made a different decision. they get to pick what time they want to go back to. they also get to decide if they want to stay where they go back to, in that case their body dies in the present. or they can return to the present and resume they life they originally had.
Tolly
Apr 12, 2017 Tolly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, love this book!!! It was such a well done thing on exploring the path not taken. I loved how their lives intertwined, and it was just insanely interesting. I couldn't quit thinking about the book. And if I had a week to decide the week I wanted to go back and "do over".

Great job! Made my imagination go wild!!
Kathryn
Apr 08, 2017 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2012-books
I liked the premise of the book. The author did a good job with it. I liked this one almost better than the first book. If you haven't read the book, you really should.
Gail Alwan
Good book but liked the first one, Time Lottery, better. Makes you wonder about your past and what you would choose differently.
Meagan
Meagan rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2017
Lawrence
Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2017
Leigh
Leigh rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2017
Christopher Taylor
Christopher Taylor rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2017
Ck Knight
Ck Knight rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2017
Sherrie
Sherrie marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2017
V
V marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2017
Daphne Walker
Daphne Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2017
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2017
Brenda Waddington
Brenda Waddington rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Nancy Moser is the award-winning author of twenty-nine inspirational novels that focus on discovering our unique purpose. Her genres include both contemporary and historical stories.

Her latest historical novels are the Downton Abbey-inspired Manor House Series:"Love of the Summerfields", "Bride of the Summerfields", and "Rise of the Summerfields."

Also new is "The Pattern Artist" about Macy's a
More about Nancy Moser...

Time Lottery (2 books)
  • Time Lottery (Time Lottery #1)