Start by marking “Second Time Around” as Want to Read:
Second Time Around

Second Time Around (Time Lottery #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  13 reviews
In this sequel to Time Lottery, three more more winners are given the unique opportunity to visit their past - and the choice to live within that new reality. Can David Stancowsky stop the love of his life from dying? Will Vanessa Caldwell break the patterns of dysfunction before she makes a terrible mistake? And why does Hollywood A-lister, Lane Holloway, want to return h ...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Greenbrier Book Company, LLC (first published November 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Second Time Around, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Time Around

Linda
What do an Vanessa, David and Lane have in common? In this sequel to "Time Lottery", they are the next three people chosen to go back into time for a second chance.

While reading both this book and "Time Lottery", something just bothered me about both, even though I enjoyed reading them. Then last night, it hit me....the Bible says "And as it is appointed for men to die once...." (Hebs. 9:27 NKJV), how can someone continue to live in the past while their body here dies? I realize it's just a fict
Tasha
This is the 2nd book in to Time Lottery. I really like it too. It is still giving 3 people a chance to change their lives and boy did they learn a thing or two this time. Also, it gave families an opportunity in the "here and now" to really evaulate what they may have done differently or what they could do differently. Like I said a good book!!
Brooke
It's been a while since I read the first one, but it came back pretty quickly (without the mind numbing recap some books offer). Since this was about 3 new journeys, reading the first isn't necessary to enjoying this story.
Janet
I read the first one many years ago. This is the second one and because it had been so long for me I was unable to remember much about the first one.

I still enjoyed this book.

People bought tickets to be able to travel back in time for a week to anytime in their life. They chould choise to stay in the past or come back after a week.
Nothing would change in the future if they stayed in the past.

Person 1 - a famous actress went back in time to before she was famous
Person 2 - went back to before hi
Joyce
i really enjoyed this book.it's basically a christian fiction.it's a continuation of time lottery,which is also a very good read.
they have a lottery and pick three winners to go back in time to find out what would happen if they had made a different decision. they get to pick what time they want to go back to. they also get to decide if they want to stay where they go back to, in that case their body dies in the present. or they can return to the present and resume they life they originally had.
Wynne
I loved this book, just as much (if not more) than the first one. I find it very thought-provoking. If I was able to travel back to an earlier time, which one would I choose? What would I do differently? And would I stay or return to the present?

Although time travel is yet only fictional, this book also makes me consider what God is leading me toward now and in the future. What gifts can I still use? As long as one is alive, it is not too late.

Colleen Scott
This book is a keeper. It shows that we are all human, no matter what our walk in life. As for myself, I really wouldn't desire to go back in time, as there isn't anything I would want to change. At least, nothing I can think of right now. But to have the opportunity to do so for some people would be very important.
Kathryn
I liked the premise of the book. The author did a good job with it. I liked this one almost better than the first book. If you haven't read the book, you really should.
Gail Alwan
Good book but liked the first one, Time Lottery, better. Makes you wonder about your past and what you would choose differently.
Eleisha Luck
Jul 29, 2007 Eleisha Luck rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Second book in the series and I loved it as much as the first one.
Lisa
Time Lottery series / book two
Mandy
The first was better.
Sonja
Sonja marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Casandra
Casandra marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Shauna Bostian
Shauna Bostian marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Alterteen
Alterteen marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Rochelle
Rochelle marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Lana
Lana marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
  • Be Strong & Curvaceous (All About Us, #3)
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Conspiracy of Silence
  • My Sister Dilly
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #4)
  • Single Sashimi
  • Let Them Eat Fruitcake (86 Bloomberg Place, #2)
  • The Blessed (The Gifted, #3)
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
  • The Fall of Candy Corn (Sweet Seasons, #2)
  • The Secret's in the Sauce (Potluck Catering Club #1)
  • A Treasure Deep (Perry Sachs #1)
  • The Bishop's Daughter
  • Home Another Way
  • Castles in the Sand (The Beach House #2)
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • The Will of Wisteria
  • City of the Dead
Nancy Moser is the author of three inspirational humor books and a 24 novels, including The Journey of Josephine Cain, Mozart's Sister, Washington's Lady, A Patchwork Christmas Collection, An Unlikely Suitor and Time Lottery, a Christy Award winner. She is an inspirational speaker, giving seminars around the country, as well as dramatizations in costume as Martha Washington. She has earned a degre ...more
More about Nancy Moser...

Time Lottery (2 books)
  • Time Lottery
Mozart's Sister (Ladies of History, #1) Just Jane (Ladies of History, #2) Masquerade An Unlikely Suitor Washington's Lady (Ladies of History, #3)