Start by marking “La Rosa del Mondo (La Pietra d'Oro, #3)” as Want to Read:
La Rosa del Mondo (La Pietra d'Oro, #3)

La Rosa del Mondo (Fool's Gold #3)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  510 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Dall’alba del mondo, Elda era stata governata da tre divinità, nelle cui mani risiedeva l’equilibrio di ogni cosa. I popoli e le creature di Elda vivevano in pace grazie alla Donna, all’Uomo e alla Bestia. Ma l’armonia era stata spezzata dall’avidità e dalla lascivia di Rahe, il più grande mago mai esistito, che aveva imprigionato l’Uomo e aveva rapito le altre due; e la m ...more
Published 2006 by Fanucci (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about La Rosa del Mondo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Rosa del Mondo

Glitterfairy
(Thematic spoilers, not specific ones)

The worst of the three books which I read purely because I thought the first book was kind of decent, and I happen to like the characters (maybe not what happens to them and how, but I think the concepts are good).

I get the impression Fisher tries to go all existential Hobb-like in this book but she fails. There's too much time spent agonising over an individual character's thoughts and not enough time telling a really good story. The forethought I felt was
Lucinda
The explosive, epic conclusion to an intricately interwoven masterpiece of multi-layered vision and impressive ingenuity

‘Rose of the World’ is the final installment within the ‘Fool’s Gold trilogy’ by highly acclaimed author Jude Fisher, who is also author of the film companions for the Lord of the Rings films and the Hobbit (Peter Jackson). Containing such cleverly complex storylines and world-building as Robin Hobb, this is a magical masterwork of mind-blowing proportions and convincing chara
Lise
Boo, hoo :'( my son and I have finished the trilogy. Each time we finish a series, I wonder if our reading adventures will continue or if this was the last time. Time passes and change comes to us all, even to my family.

Finn (Katla's twin) is a right bastard. He was the kind of child that tortured cats. You know, that kind of guy. Then life catches up with him. Something happens to us as we grow older. Whether we solidify or become like waves seems arbitrary. Finn solidified and in the end that
Darcy Stewart
Jason
It would have been a great ending to a decent series if there hadn't been multiple "Wait, where did that come from?" moments that didn't tie into the story well at all.
Jed
Aug 22, 2008 Jed rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jed by: Jill
Through the entire story the main characters never have any thing good happen to them. It just goes from bad to worse. That and there is an interaction between two characters that is never resolved or used, and that just buggs me. If I am going to take the time to read some thing, I would like for event to make sense and be used.
Lance
Maybe I read the entire series in a couple of weeks. The author seems to have put action and words and lust to make up the book to a certain number of pages. By the time I got to the end I was bored and did not really care about it.
The series does have some social and religious commentaries, and then falls apart.
Linda
May 08, 2008 Linda rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who read the previous books.
It's a good read, but it might be a little confusing to someone who hasn't read the previous books. I enjoyed the plot line and characters throughout the trilogy, but I found a couple of events in the end game a little too farfetched. This may merely be a symptom of natural skepticism =)
Dolorosa
I gave up on this book after about 100 pages. Reading it was feeling like a terrible chore, and the appallingly bad characterisation irritated me. There is some good medieval fantasy out there that manages to move beyond the standard, tired tropes, but this isn't it.
Rebecca Huston
One of the more asinine fantasy series out there that started off very good, was fairly interesting in the second book, and in the third book, lost it completely. And the ENDING! Contrived, silly and downright stupid. Thumbs down on this clunker.
Jacqueline
This was such a good series. I am sorry to reach the end. I found the characters so interesting and the story lines were engrossing. If you like adventure with great character development, you will enjoy this series by Fisher.
Pandyfarmer Bohnet
My first repeat. Ha, I realized while organizing my books after the move, that I have two repeats, this one, and Coraline (but I gave away that one's repeat). I have this in a nice hardcover, and regular paperback.
Ziona
Hmm not sure. I haven't finished it yet though I must admit I did peek at the ending. Good so far.

Finally made myself finish it. Good stuff.....not the best ending really.
Shannon MacKay
It was better than the previous two but I'm still glad to be done with the series. I doubt I will read anything from Jude Fisher again.
Lindsay
Satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. Quite horrific at times but overall enjoyable. Many characters developed strength and complexity.
Cheryl
A very satisfying conclusion. What happens when unknown rules and young folk get caught up in a world that refuses to change.
Sharon
The whole series was quite entertaining. The only thing that I really disliked in this book was the deus ex machina ending.
Yolanda
Jul 15, 2013 Yolanda marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Does anyone know where I can buy an e-book version of this book?
Can't find it in any of the stores of libraries here...
Pauline
Final book of the trilogy and have really enjoyed.The ending has been left as if there could be more to come.
Caroline
The first one of this series was the best...I don't think the second and third lived up to it.
Aaron Anderson
Poor ending to what started off pretty well.
Dianne
Very good, but a little long.
Randal Keith Eibeck
Randal Keith Eibeck marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Gaia
Gaia marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
  • The Gambler's Fortune (The Tales of Einarinn, #3)
  • The Demon Redcoat (Traitor to the Crown, #3)
  • Druid's Sword (The Troy Game, #4)
  • Guardians of the Keep (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #2)
  • Shapers of Darkness (Winds of the Forelands, #4)
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • In the Ruins (Crown of Stars, #6)
  • Treason's Shore (Inda, #4)
  • Bear Daughter
  • Harshini (Hythrun Chronicles: Demon Child Trilogy, #3)
  • The Hidden Stars (Rune of Unmaking #1)
  • The Steel of Raithskar (Gandalara Cycle, #1)
  • The Well of Tears (The Crowthistle Chronicles, #2)
  • Holder of Lightning (The Cloudmages #1)
Jude Fisher is the pseudonym for Jane Johnson, who is the Publisher of HarperCollins' science fiction and fantasy list, Voyager. She has also been involved in the publishing of JRR Tolkien's works for many years. As Gabriel King she has written four novels, with co-author M. John Harrison: THE WILD ROAD, THE GOLDEN CAT, THE KNOT GARDEN and NONESUCH. She is also the author of the official VISUAL CO ...more
More about Jude Fisher...

Fool's Gold (3 books)
  • Sorcery Rising (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Wild Magic (Fool's Gold, #2)
The Return of The King Visual Companion: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion (The Lord of the Rings) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Visual Companion The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Visual Companion The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Visual Companion Sorcery Rising (Fool's Gold, #1)