Start by marking “La Rosa del Mondo (La Pietra d'Oro, #3)” as Want to Read:
La Rosa del Mondo (La Pietra d'Oro, #3)

La Rosa del Mondo (Fool's Gold #3)

Dall’alba del mondo, Elda era stata governata da tre divinità, nelle cui mani risiedeva l’equilibrio di ogni cosa. I popoli e le creature di Elda vivevano in pace grazie alla Donna, all’Uomo e alla Bestia. Ma l’armonia era stata spezzata dall’avidità e dalla lascivia di Rahe, il più grande mago mai esistito, che aveva imprigionato l’Uomo e aveva rapito le altre due; e la m ...more
Published 2006 by Fanucci (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about La Rosa del Mondo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Rosa del Mondo

Glitterfairy
Sep 09, 2009 Glitterfairy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
(Thematic spoilers, not specific ones)

The worst of the three books which I read purely because I thought the first book was kind of decent, and I happen to like the characters (maybe not what happens to them and how, but I think the concepts are good).

I get the impression Fisher tries to go all existential Hobb-like in this book but she fails. There's too much time spent agonising over an individual character's thoughts and not enough time telling a really good story. The forethought I felt was
Lucinda
Apr 08, 2013 Lucinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The explosive, epic conclusion to an intricately interwoven masterpiece of multi-layered vision and impressive ingenuity

‘Rose of the World’ is the final installment within the ‘Fool’s Gold trilogy’ by highly acclaimed author Jude Fisher, who is also author of the film companions for the Lord of the Rings films and the Hobbit (Peter Jackson). Containing such cleverly complex storylines and world-building as Robin Hobb, this is a magical masterwork of mind-blowing proportions and convincing chara
Caroline
Aug 09, 2010 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first one of this series was the best...I don't think the second and third lived up to it.
Lise
May 18, 2014 Lise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boo, hoo :'( my son and I have finished the trilogy. Each time we finish a series, I wonder if our reading adventures will continue or if this was the last time. Time passes and change comes to us all, even to my family.

Finn (Katla's twin) is a right bastard. He was the kind of child that tortured cats. You know, that kind of guy. Then life catches up with him. Something happens to us as we grow older. Whether we solidify or become like waves seems arbitrary. Finn solidified and in the end that
Darcy Stewart
Feb 02, 2010 Darcy Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unowned
Whitney Stanfield
My favorite of the series. I loved how it all tied up at the end but there were a few things that could have been done differently. I felt like the build up towards the end warranted more of a climax and I much prefer strong resolutions at the end of a series, i.e. let me know what my fave characters are up to 3 months down the road. But the twist was great! I just wish that the end hadn't felt so rushed.
Lance
Sep 21, 2011 Lance rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe I read the entire series in a couple of weeks. The author seems to have put action and words and lust to make up the book to a certain number of pages. By the time I got to the end I was bored and did not really care about it.
The series does have some social and religious commentaries, and then falls apart.
Kris
Aug 19, 2016 Kris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
full of blood and gore this series brought the characters continually lower for the most part keeping me quite engaged. the ending however was pradictable and fell kind of flat. I am a sucker for happy endings though so... after all the torment I would have been ... upset... had my favorite character died.
Jed
Aug 22, 2008 Jed rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jed by: Jill
Through the entire story the main characters never have any thing good happen to them. It just goes from bad to worse. That and there is an interaction between two characters that is never resolved or used, and that just buggs me. If I am going to take the time to read some thing, I would like for event to make sense and be used.
Linda
May 08, 2008 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who read the previous books.
It's a good read, but it might be a little confusing to someone who hasn't read the previous books. I enjoyed the plot line and characters throughout the trilogy, but I found a couple of events in the end game a little too farfetched. This may merely be a symptom of natural skepticism =)
Rebecca Huston
Aug 29, 2010 Rebecca Huston rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, fantasy
One of the more asinine fantasy series out there that started off very good, was fairly interesting in the second book, and in the third book, lost it completely. And the ENDING! Contrived, silly and downright stupid. Thumbs down on this clunker.
Jacqueline
Mar 13, 2014 Jacqueline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good series. I am sorry to reach the end. I found the characters so interesting and the story lines were engrossing. If you like adventure with great character development, you will enjoy this series by Fisher.
Pandyfarmer Bohnet
My first repeat. Ha, I realized while organizing my books after the move, that I have two repeats, this one, and Coraline (but I gave away that one's repeat). I have this in a nice hardcover, and regular paperback.
Dolorosa
I gave up on this book after about 100 pages. Reading it was feeling like a terrible chore, and the appallingly bad characterisation irritated me. There is some good medieval fantasy out there that manages to move beyond the standard, tired tropes, but this isn't it.
Lindsay
Jul 10, 2008 Lindsay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, z2008
Satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. Quite horrific at times but overall enjoyable. Many characters developed strength and complexity.
Shannon MacKay
It was better than the previous two but I'm still glad to be done with the series. I doubt I will read anything from Jude Fisher again.
Jason
Feb 23, 2015 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
It would have been a great ending to a decent series if there hadn't been multiple "Wait, where did that come from?" moments that didn't tie into the story well at all.
Pauline
Apr 01, 2011 Pauline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Final book of the trilogy and have really enjoyed.The ending has been left as if there could be more to come.
Ziona
May 13, 2009 Ziona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm not sure. I haven't finished it yet though I must admit I did peek at the ending. Good so far.

Finally made myself finish it. Good stuff.....not the best ending really.
Sharon
May 29, 2010 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The whole series was quite entertaining. The only thing that I really disliked in this book was the deus ex machina ending.
Cheryl
May 25, 2010 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very satisfying conclusion. What happens when unknown rules and young folk get caught up in a world that refuses to change.
Yolanda
Jul 15, 2013 Yolanda marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Does anyone know where I can buy an e-book version of this book?
Can't find it in any of the stores of libraries here...
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Jun 09, 2014
Starlitefaire
Starlitefaire rated it liked it
May 07, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2009
Emma B
Emma B rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2008
Kay Wojtala
Kay Wojtala rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2014
Jerold Farver
Jerold Farver rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
Trisha
Trisha rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2012
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2012
  • The Well of Tears (The Crowthistle Chronicles, #2)
  • Southern Fire (The Aldabreshin Compass, #1)
  • The Demon Redcoat (Traitor to the Crown, #3)
  • The Heart of Myrial (Shadowleague, #1)
  • The Quarters Novels: Volume I (Omnibus: Sing the Four Quarters / Fifth Quarter)
  • In the Ruins (Crown of Stars, #6)
  • Druid's Sword (The Troy Game, #4)
  • The Hidden Stars (Rune of Unmaking #1)
  • An Enemy Reborn (Realms of Chaos: The Second Book)
  • The Steel of Raithskar (Gandalara Cycle, #1)
  • Guardians of the Keep (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #2)
  • Treason's Shore (Inda, #4)
  • The Riven Kingdom (Godspeaker Trilogy, #2)
  • Guardian of the Balance (Merlin's Descendants, #1)
  • Harshini (Hythrun Chronicles: Demon Child, #3)
Jude Fisher is the pseudonym for Jane Johnson, who is the Publisher of HarperCollins' science fiction and fantasy list, Voyager. She has also been involved in the publishing of JRR Tolkien's works for many years. As Gabriel King she has written four novels, with co-author M. John Harrison: THE WILD ROAD, THE GOLDEN CAT, THE KNOT GARDEN and NONESUCH. She is also the author of the official VISUAL CO ...more
More about Jude Fisher...

Fool's Gold (3 books)
  • Sorcery Rising (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Wild Magic (Fool's Gold, #2)