Start by marking “Dad Rules: A Simple Manual for a Complex Job” as Want to Read:
Dad Rules: A Simple Manual for a Complex Job

Dad Rules: A Simple Manual for a Complex Job

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  13 reviews
We all know kids don't come with a manual and so far there s no app for fatherhood, but that doesn't mean you should parent empty-handed. Whether you're a dad to tots or teens, these simple but effective rules are here to help. Now you can apply the essential basics great fathers rely on every day and finally feel like you've earned that World's Best Dad mug.
Published April 10th 2012 by Cedar Fort

To ask other readers questions about Dad Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dad Rules

Leisy
fabulous guide for parents- not just dads! Although I do love rule #46- "consult your wife on what to say". The book is super easy to read because it's all broken up into simple and short 'rules' to live by! There are also lots of great resources (website suggestions, ideas, etc) that I can use NOW to positively impact my parenting :) great book!!
Simon
This is a fun little book to read! It has 81 short pieces of advice for dads served in a friendly, funny and no-nonsense way. The quotes that accompany each one are inspiring. I'll keep it at hand for when I need a boost of motivation to keep on trying to be a great dad!
Gaylene
This would be an awesome gift to buy a dad-to-be. So many great ideas inside this quick read. And I'm pretty sure even moms like me should be living by these rules too...
Annie
So fun yet so wise! This is written in easy to read byte-size words of wisdom. This will be a great father's day gift for all the dads in my life.
Chris
May 01, 2012 Chris rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: i-own
We've got about one month until Father's Day which makes the timing of this book very appropriate. Depending on the relationship you have with your own dad, giving him this book could earn a variety of different reactions. Rest assured, this book is neither preachy nor condescending and any father should be able to pick this up and read with the tone and spirit in which it's intended.

As the author, Treion Muller, points out in the introduction, there aren't any perfect parents, there's no set o
Breck
It was alright. Each page is a different pointer/"rule" on how to be better Dad. Most of them were pretty obvious to me ("Show affection with your kids", "Plan on changing lots of diapers"), but may not be as obvious to others. Still, there were a few rules here and there that made me think. Mostly it served as a daily reminder to think about what I could do to be a better dad.
Nick Schroeder
Received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway. Some great stuff here. Any dad would benefit from reading this book. I was glad to see that I am already doing a lot of the things from the book, but I came away with a good many more that I can improve on.
Tina
I liked that it wasn't an indepth, heavy child rearing book but fun, quick and to the point. I especially liked the "what dads should do" section of the book. I think all rules here apply to moms too.
Wendy Jessen
Apr 04, 2013 Wendy Jessen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All dads!
Great manual for dads--this is one set of instructions dads really should follow! http://familyshare.com/advice-for-all...
Karen
Loved this book. Very insightful and right on. I've seen the author in action with his kids, and he lives by these rules. He is the "favorite" uncle to my kids!
Melissa
Awesome book for all you dads or soon to be dads our there!

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Helen
Cute little booklet.Definitely got the #1 rule right!
Chris Theule-vandam
Are you a dad?
If you said, yes, read this book.
André Luis
André Luis marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Bhagirathi Panchal
Bhagirathi Panchal marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Matt Blair
Matt Blair is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2014
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Laura Spear
Laura Spear marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Dustin Wayne
Dustin Wayne marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mom Rules Reality Parenting: As Not Seen on TV The Webinar Manifesto: Never Design, Deliver, or Sell Lousy Webinars Again! Mom Rules: Because Even Super Heroes Need Help Sometimes The Learning Explosion: 9 Rules to Ignite Your Virtual Classrooms