Start by marking “Dad Rules: A Simple Manual for a Complex Job” as Want to Read:
Dad Rules: A Simple Manual for a Complex Job

Dad Rules: A Simple Manual for a Complex Job

We all know kids don't come with a manual and so far there s no app for fatherhood, but that doesn't mean you should parent empty-handed. Whether you're a dad to tots or teens, these simple but effective rules are here to help. Now you can apply the essential basics great fathers rely on every day and finally feel like you've earned that World's Best Dad mug.
Published April 10th 2012 by Cedar Fort

To ask other readers questions about Dad Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dad Rules

Leisy
Apr 03, 2012 Leisy rated it it was amazing
fabulous guide for parents- not just dads! Although I do love rule #46- "consult your wife on what to say". The book is super easy to read because it's all broken up into simple and short 'rules' to live by! There are also lots of great resources (website suggestions, ideas, etc) that I can use NOW to positively impact my parenting :) great book!!
Simon
Jun 14, 2012 Simon rated it really liked it
This is a fun little book to read! It has 81 short pieces of advice for dads served in a friendly, funny and no-nonsense way. The quotes that accompany each one are inspiring. I'll keep it at hand for when I need a boost of motivation to keep on trying to be a great dad!
Annie
Apr 02, 2012 Annie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
So fun yet so wise! This is written in easy to read byte-size words of wisdom. This will be a great father's day gift for all the dads in my life.
Gaylene
Apr 04, 2012 Gaylene rated it it was amazing
This would be an awesome gift to buy a dad-to-be. So many great ideas inside this quick read. And I'm pretty sure even moms like me should be living by these rules too...
Chris
Mar 08, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
We've got about one month until Father's Day which makes the timing of this book very appropriate. Depending on the relationship you have with your own dad, giving him this book could earn a variety of different reactions. Rest assured, this book is neither preachy nor condescending and any father should be able to pick this up and read with the tone and spirit in which it's intended.

As the author, Treion Muller, points out in the introduction, there aren't any perfect parents, there's no set o
Breck
Jul 31, 2012 Breck rated it liked it
It was alright. Each page is a different pointer/"rule" on how to be better Dad. Most of them were pretty obvious to me ("Show affection with your kids", "Plan on changing lots of diapers"), but may not be as obvious to others. Still, there were a few rules here and there that made me think. Mostly it served as a daily reminder to think about what I could do to be a better dad.
Nick Schroeder
Jun 25, 2012 Nick Schroeder rated it really liked it
Received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway. Some great stuff here. Any dad would benefit from reading this book. I was glad to see that I am already doing a lot of the things from the book, but I came away with a good many more that I can improve on.
Tina
Aug 13, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it
I liked that it wasn't an indepth, heavy child rearing book but fun, quick and to the point. I especially liked the "what dads should do" section of the book. I think all rules here apply to moms too.
Wendy Jessen
Mar 18, 2013 Wendy Jessen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All dads!
Great manual for dads--this is one set of instructions dads really should follow! http://familyshare.com/advice-for-all...
Melissa
Apr 04, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Awesome book for all you dads or soon to be dads our there!

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Karen
May 09, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Very insightful and right on. I've seen the author in action with his kids, and he lives by these rules. He is the "favorite" uncle to my kids!
Peter Zefo
Peter Zefo rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Rachelle Spurlin
Rachelle Spurlin rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Mark J Eaton
Mark J Eaton rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Robert Ferrell
Robert Ferrell rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Sara Prior
Sara Prior rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2012
Marco Estrella
Marco Estrella rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Jared Anderson
Jared Anderson rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2012
Mike Mcbride
Mike Mcbride rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Ben
Ben rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Harker Roland
Harker Roland rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2014
Hisham Alamoudi
Hisham Alamoudi rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2012
Helen
Apr 05, 2012 Helen rated it liked it
Cute little booklet.Definitely got the #1 rule right!
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2013
Cedar Fort
Cedar Fort rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2012
Chris Theule-vandam
Dec 25, 2012 Chris Theule-vandam rated it it was amazing
Are you a dad?
If you said, yes, read this book.
Jeremiah
Jeremiah rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012