Body Actions

Body Actions

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Young readers learn about the human body and how the skeletal, muscular, respiratory, and circulatory systems function.
Published August 1st 2012 by Holiday House

Amy Walters
Body Actions is a great book for students who are just starting to learn the actions of the body. What I enjoyed the most about this book was the pictures. They do a great job of showing how certain parts of the body work. I also appreciate how simple yet informative the content of this book is. The information is put in such a simple way that it allows young readers to have a chance to actually grasp and understand what it going on in the book, and truly learn how parts of the body operate. Thi...more
Kristen Dota
I really enjoyed this book! The pictures were awesome at really showing what kind of muscles do what when a person is doing a certain activity. I loved how easy to read this book was also. There are not much easy books for young children that talk about the body and muscles since that subject already is pretty detailed, but this book does a great job explaining it so that young children can grasp it and learn along. Great book to have in gym classes or even the classroom!
Brianna
This book is very educational for children! Its all about how the body works. They show you everything there is to know about how you function. The book gives out facts, and information about how many muscles you have, and when you ride a bike or kick a ball it sends out a message to the brain. Kids are very interested, and they want to learn more.
Scooping it Up
We checked this book out as part of our human body science unit this week for home school. FABULOUS pictures, explanations and introduction to the systems on the body, what they do and how they work. It is basic, so perfect for my 4 and 6 year olds, and even good for my ESL 12-year-old. Loved it and my kids did too.
Great Books

The human body is like an amazing machine with many parts that work together. Body systems are introduced in simple text and large color photographs. The many different faces of children demonstrate how well the body performs functions such as tasting, seeing, eating and breathing. Reviewer 17
Mommywest
Excellent choice for teaching kids about the various systems of our bodies. The pictures do a great job of showing how these systems work. Recommended for preschool all the way up through elementary school. Preschool: My Amazing Body
Sarah Herrington
This book is a great text for introducing super young kids to the different systems of the body. My four year old really seemed to enjoy it. Great pictures and very informative and nice for an intro.
Brindi
This is the best book I've come across on the topic of the body and visually seeing its functions. Perfect for Super Science Saturday at the library--themed the body!
Edward Sullivan
An informative and attractive introduction to how the the body works for younger readers.
Linda Atkinson
simple text, real children photographed, great non-fiction addition for a preschool storytime.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Basic understanding of how the body works with photographs and illustrations.
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Lindsey Ellwanger
Lindsey Ellwanger marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Korinne Sackela
Korinne Sackela marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Andrea
Andrea added it
Oct 11, 2013
Maria
Maria added it
Jul 28, 2013
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Erika L. Miller
Erika L. Miller marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Shades of People Homer I'm Adopted! The Buzz on Bees: Why Are They Disappearing? Lots of Feelings