Start by marking “Two Destinies (Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
Two Destinies (Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #3)

Two Destinies (Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #3)

The Secrets of the Cross Trilogy by acclaimed author Elizabeth Musser, already a European bestseller, concludes with the American debut of Two Destinies, a story of forbidden love, passionate faith, danger, and intrigue.Now 1994, France faces unrest and rising poverty while neighbor Algeria is in the midst of a blood civil war. Risléne Namani, a French woman born to Algeri ...more
Published September 1st 2012 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about Two Destinies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Destinies

Victor Gentile
Dec 11, 2012 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Musser in her new book, “Two Destinies” Book Three in the Secrets of the Cross Trilogy published by David C Cook takes us into the lives of Risléne Namani and Eric Hoffmann.

From the back cover: Faith and love could cost them everything.

When Risléne Namani meets Eric Hoffmann in 1994 France, the spark between them ignites a firestorm of trouble. She fears the repercussions from her staunchly Muslim family for her attraction to a Christian. Yet Eric captures her heart. More than that, hi
Vera Gilligan
Nov 11, 2016 Vera Gilligan rated it really liked it
Exciting with culture understanding.
Lisa Johnson
Nov 03, 2014 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Title: Two Destinies
Author: Elizabeth Musser
Pages: 464
Year: 2012
Publisher: David C. Cook
The novel is the third in a series of historical stories set in France at the time of the Algerian Civil War. According to the author, many thousands of lives were lost. Recently, the Algerian government passed a law that all Christian groups are to declare themselves. The spread of Islam into Algeria didn’t stop at the borders, and had direct impact on other bordering nations as well as beyond. With the l
Ann
Jan 11, 2016 Ann rated it really liked it
I lived in Algeria toward the end of 1993 when the insurgency featured in this book began. I found this novel quite accurate, not just in physical description of the country, but in the people depicted in that tragic nation.

The story is gripping in showing the terror that I saw in the beginning of the insurgency. The complete powerlessness of the average citizen of Algeria is well depicted. One felt for the women especially and for their bravery.

Rislene is an Algerian young women living with her
Dec 23, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: TWO DESTINIES
Author: Elizabeth Musser
Publisher: David C. Cook
September 2012
ISBN: 978-0-7814-0501-1
Genre: historical

Forbidden Faith, Forbidden Love—a Family’s Rage

When Risléne Namani meets Eric Hoffmann in 1994 France, the spark between them ignites a firestorm of trouble. An Algerian Muslim, her attraction to him, a Christian, is forbidden. Yet he captures her heart. More than that, his faith captures her soul—a faith she comes to embrace. And it all stirs up a wasps’ nest of danger, myst
Pat
Jul 20, 2016 Pat rated it it was amazing
Audiobook--this is the first I've read of Musser. She is a Christian writer. Two Destinies is set in France and Algeria. One gets a good perspective of Christian persecution in Muslim Algeria and what the Christian house churches must do to survive. It is also a love story--or two love stories interwoven nicely. It is hard to put down and I couldn't wait to see where the story would lead next to the final conclusion.

Now 1994, France faces unrest and rising poverty while neighbor Algeria is in t
My Book Addiction and More MBA
TWO DESTINIES by Elizabeth Musser is a powerful inspirational historical. Book 3 in "The Secrets of the Cross Trilogy",but can be read as a stand alone. See, "Two Crosses", and "Two Testaments". Follow Rislene Namani,and Eric Hoffmann on a journey of faith,danger,struggle,intrigue,forbidden love, cultural conflict,social struggle,and love. Meet, Eric,a Christian and Rislene,a Muslin who to her family has committed the unpardonable sin to her Muslin faith, by falling in love with Eric. Follow ...more
Marie
Apr 19, 2013 Marie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
(I told you so!!!)
Congrats on the 2013 Christy Award Nomination for sequels/series!

LOVED this series. Please DO NOT Read this book without reading Books 1 & 2 or you will not understand the profoundness of book 3.

Two Crosses A Novel (The Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #1) by Elizabeth Musser Two Testaments A Novel (The Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #2) by Elizabeth Musser

Please be aware this series, beginning with Two Crosses, continuing with Two Testaments, and now ending with this title Two Destinies, is entirely focused on Algerian war which centers on Muslim ideas versus Christianity. This is not for the casual romance reader who does not hav
Apr 01, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
Two Destinies is the final book in the Secrets of the Cross Trilogy, from acclaimed author Elizabeth Musser.

Eric Hoffman (Gabriella's son) meets Rislene Namani in 1994 France and the spark between them ignites a firestorm of prejudice and trouble. Rislene is Muslim and Eric is Christian. While Rislene fears the backlash from her Muslim family over dating a Christian boy, she is more afraid of what will happen when they find out she has embraced Eric's faith.

When Rislene's sister discovers her se
Dee
Two Destinies was a fantastic finale to the Secrets of the Cross Trilogy.

The story was so well written; it was incredible.

I absolutely loved how Musser was able to change her language so well to fit with the new time period as the novel is set a few decades after the first two novels in the series.

Many conflicts are present in this novel, but none are under-developed and all contribute to a fantastic read.

There was much love and hope. A Muslim convert and Gabriella's son fall in love but her
Kathy
Oct 16, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it
This is the third book in a trilogy - yet easily a stand alone read. Set in France and Algeria near the end of 1994, this historical romance is the story of the persecuted church in North Africa, the terrorist activities in the midst of Algeria's civil war, the desperate homeless people in France, and the courageous individuals willing to risk their lives to help those in need.

Elisabeth Musser has captured the basic human conflict of Islam's strict rules and loyalty versus Christ's followers fr
Rachel
Dec 07, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I was so sorry to have this trilogy come to an end. It was a bit challenging at first to remind myself where each character fit into the story, but I appreciated that the time period was different, although the theme was consistent. The next generation of the original families experienced the same life-changing conversions and difficult choices, scattered between edge-of-your-seat dramatic turns, that made it difficult to put this book down. Thank you, Ms. Musser!
Amanda
Oct 30, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
When I read Elizabeth Musser's Two Testaments, I didn't think any thing could top it, but Two Destinies is even more wonderful. I was totally immersed in the many stories that are woven into a fine tapestry. Even if you don't normally read books set outside the US, this is a series you shouldn't miss.
Pam
Feb 11, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing
Ophelie grown up, childhood friend/love homeless, brother Eric loves Arabian Christian, her family kidnaps her to Algeria, Ceb/Sam saves her, then Sam and O are reunited, good story, set in Algeria/France 1992, Civil War in A, learned much of those cultures at that time, Trilogy improved with each book!
Katie
After reading the first two books in this series, Two Destinies was a let-down. It is still a good read, and I enjoyed hearing about the characters in the previous books. However, I thought this book was a little long and parts seemed forced. For example, as the reader, I thought Musser really forced the homeless storyline.
Pamela
May 17, 2013 Pamela rated it really liked it
I liked this book better than the second in the series. Since I didn't care that much for the 2nd in the series it took me almost six months before I even tried to read this one. I'm glad I didn't give up.
Kathryn Allen
Jul 28, 2014 Kathryn Allen rated it it was amazing
Books that change how you think are amazing. This trilogy opens your eyes and mind to the unfortunate places where people and beliefs are not respected. This was the best historical religious fiction series.
Leng
Jan 16, 2013 Leng rated it it was amazing
I wouldn't have thought I would enjoy this book. If I read the summary I wouldn't have borrowed it. I'm glad I didn't. I got sucked in the story in no time. It's a powerful story of culture, faith,
struggle and love. Loved Ophelie's story. I hope to read the first two books.
Amy
Aug 16, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
This is the third book out of three in a series. It would not stand alone well since many of the characters were originally introduced in the earlier two books. It is set in current times verses the older books being from 1940's.
Pam
Jan 25, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book much more than book two, in the Secrets of the Cross Trilogy. So if you've read book one in the series, don't give up. This book kept me up late at night, wanting to finish it! It is set in the 1990's, so it's about 25 years later than the previous two books.
Justine
Mar 13, 2015 Justine rated it it was amazing
a fantastic insider look at the persecuted church in Algeria and racial and religious tensions in contemporary France. a story of hope and courage in the midst of unthinkable violence. i absolutely adore Musser's writing.
Barbara
Aug 11, 2012 Barbara rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads-free
Again I am sorry I was not more careful about signing up for a book. I find it so unbelievable that women hum hymns as they clean and so forth. The political/cultural/religious aspects would have made for a riveting story, but the constantness of so much religion was just too much.
Debbi
May 31, 2014 Debbi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
A story of forbidden love, passionate faith, danger, and intrigue.Now 1994, France faces unrest and rising poverty while neighbor Algeria is in the midst of a blood civil war.
Academicsupport
This is truly a great addition to Musser's Algerian/French faith-based series. This whole series is both uplifting and inspiring.
Sherilyn
Nov 30, 2013 Sherilyn rated it it was amazing
Fabulous ending to an amazing series. You can't read these books and remain the same. I highly recommend them.
Mary Pinkston
Sep 29, 2015 Mary Pinkston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Once again I was caught up in the story. An excellent series well written, organized and flows well. Highly recommend!
Sigrid Terese
Sigrid Terese rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2013
Luesa Jordan
Luesa Jordan rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Katrina
Katrina rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2014
shirlee
shirlee rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Song of Erin
  • Rebel (The Brides of Alba #3)
  • Blue Moon Bay (Moses Lake, #2)
  • A Wild Goose Chase Christmas
  • Chasing the Wind
  • Ashton Park (The Danforths of Lancashire #1)
  • Love Blooms in Winter (The Dakota Diaries #1)
  • A Wedding Invitation (Heart of Carolina #4)
  • The Thorn Bearer (Penned in Time #1)
  • The Mulligans of Mt. Jefferson
  • The Hope of Shridula (Blessings in India, #2)
  • Queen of the Waves (American Tapestries)
  • Where the Trail Ends (American Tapestries)
  • Tangled Ashes
  • Too Far to Say Far Enough (The Reluctant Prophet #3)
  • Like a Flower in Bloom
  • A Heartbeat Away
  • The Dilemma of Charlotte Farrow (Avenue of Dreams, #2)
ELIZABETH MUSSER, an Atlanta native, writes ‘entertainment with a soul’ from her writing chalet—tool shed—outside Lyon, France. Elizabeth’s highly acclaimed, best-selling novel, The Swan House, was named one of Amazon’s Top Christian Books of the Year and one of Georgia’s Top Ten Novels of the Past 100 Years (Georgia Backroads, 2009). All of Elizabeth’s novels have been translated into multiple ...more
More about Elizabeth Musser...

Secrets of the Cross Trilogy (3 books)
  • Two Crosses (Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #1)
  • Two Testaments (Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #2)