Start by marking “Just One Kiss” as Want to Read:
Just One Kiss

Just One Kiss (Friends with Benefits #1)

Nestled in the heart of Seattle, A Taste for All Pleasures is a warm hub of decadent baking delights. Sweet buttery cookies with melted chocolate, yummy cupcakes with creamy soft icing…and the owner, Angela Loukas, is about to meet a mouthwatering morsel of a man—one she can't resist!

Unfortunately, Daniel Flynn is officially celibate. No sex. No dating. It's criminal, real
Published March 20th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Kiss

KatLynne
Just One Kiss is the first book in Isabel Sharpe’s new Friends With Benefits miniseries. The series is based on five friends whose businesses represents the five senses. Joining together, they own the Come to Your Senses building where each have their own space.
Angela Loukas, owner of A Taste for All Pleasures, is an excellent baker whose cookies and cup cakes are to die for. Her self-esteem took a major hit when her marriage ended. It’s been nearly four years and now she’s thinking maybe it’s
Andrea Guy
What a great premise! I read the blurb of this book and I absolutely had to read it. The book almost lived up to my expectations. Almost, and that gives me a sad face.

There were some great things about this book.

1. Angela is really an Alpha female. She's a take charge kinda girl even if it means cutting off her nose to spite her face, which she does both personally and professionally.

2. The food descriptions made me very hungry! I wanted some recipes involved for the cookies and cupcakes!

3. Bonn
Kimberly
Review originally posted on Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2012/06...

Daniel Flynn made one promise to his dying fiancée: he won’t date other women until after the day they would have been married. It’s been a year and a half, and Daniel still has six months to go before he can even consider looking at another woman. But temptation becomes almost too hard to resist when he meets beautiful baker Angela Loukas. Angela makes Daniel feel more alive than he has in years. But can he remain
Becca
The story of Angela the baker and Daniel the celibate man who one day walks into her store. Angela and Daniel's instantaneous attraction was enjoyable but each person were in different places in their lives. When Angela looked at Daniel she saw an extremely good looking man who had a wounded look about him. Angela had an instantaneous attraction which is something that she hasn't experienced since her disastrous marriage to her ex husband. Daniel comes in to Angela's bakery and see's a very attr ...more
Kat Latham
Mar 16, 2012 Kat Latham rated it really liked it
Angela owns a bakery in a building where her friends from college all have businesses based on the five senses. She bakes some awesome cookies, but she really would like to branch out into more sophisticated European pastries.

When Daniel visits her bakery looking to buy a plain white cupcake with white frosting, Angela instinctively knows he's a chocolate man. She can also tell something's very wrong. Unbeknownst to her, he's marking his late fiancee's birthday. She died the year before, and he
Rhonda
Mar 28, 2012 Rhonda rated it liked it
review: Just One Kiss by Isabel Sharpe
3 STARS
I love the story line and the characters a lot but too many sex scenes for my taste.
A group of collage friends get together and buy a building and open their business in it and each have a apartment on top floors. Each business deals in one of the five senses.
A Taste for all pleasures is a bakery owned by Angela who is divorced after a short marriage. She wants to have a European bakery but her pastries are not catching on but everyone loves her cook
Anncleire
Mar 25, 2013 Anncleire rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, romance
“Just one kiss” è finito nelle cose da leggere in uno di quei slanci che mi caratterizzano, senza leggere la trama, senza interessarmi di nulla se non che si tratta di una romance. Devo anche ammettere che dovrei farmela finita, e iniziare a selezionare cosa leggere e cosa no, senza farmi condizionare, cercando di essere obiettiva. Ecco che poi mi ritrovo con cumuli di libri da leggere e non so da che parte iniziare. Ma come si fa a dire di no ad una contemporary romance? Io non ne sono proprio ...more
Christa
May 04, 2012 Christa rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
Just One Kiss was a sweet contemporary romance that I enjoyed reading. I felt that the main characters, Angela Loukas and Daniel Flynn, were likeable and easy for the reader to connect with. The chemistry between them added to the book, and I enjoyed the storyline. I liked the underlying theme of the five friends who bought a building where each opened a business and had an apartment. I am looking forward to reading more about the group of friends as the series continues.

Angela Loukas has opened
Diah Didi
My very first of Isabel Sharpe's.
As soon as I saw this Friends-with-Benefits label on the cover, I knew I have to have this series. Why, I really love the theme, although I prefer they know each other already in the very beginning, like Bonnie and Seth. Soooo can't wait for their story. I mean, they ARE going to be together right, Ms. Sharpe? Please?

I must say I wanted to give 3 stars only. I loved the beginning, and most of the story, but somehow I didn't really excited about the ending. I mea
Puna
Jun 01, 2014 Puna rated it did not like it
Angela is a moron who can't seem to face reality. Just because she wants to be the fancy talked about bakery she keeps pushing pretentious pastries on people. Why isn't being a bakery owner with the most amazing cookies & cupcakes good enough? Her May have been a jerk but he was right.
Melinda
Apr 29, 2012 Melinda rated it it was amazing
This is the first I have read from Isabel Sharpe and have to say I loved it. This is the first in a series called Friends with Benefits. It is also about the five senses this one about Daniel and Angela he sense is taste hence the bakery. The love that Angela has in her is great and Daniel is a man who needs love again to live once more. All in all it was a great book and cant wait for the next book in the series.
Jane O'Reilly
Feb 02, 2013 Jane O'Reilly rated it liked it
A pretty average romance centering around a bakery. Interesting conflict for the heroine, but her insistence on baking posh cakes to prove she was special irritated me enormously by the end, and the hero was let off far too lightly when he decided his dead fiancee was a control freak and they'd never been that suited in the first place.
Christina
Pretty good book. It was a decent, entertaining read. Nothing out of this world, but good if you want something quick. My gripe? I was TOTALLY enthralled with the supporting characters Seth & Bonnie!!! I was waiting anxiously to get to the chapters about them! Can't wait to read THAT story, that's the one I'm excited about.
Myra Wardhana
Feb 18, 2013 Myra Wardhana rated it really liked it
Love this book but too many secondary characters involved and added, not focused totally to Angela and Daniel, makes the story a bit too long in the middle, makes me impatient, just want to get Angela and Daniel right away...
Beverly
Oct 19, 2013 Beverly rated it did not like it
Didn't really like it and decided not to read the others in the series.
Crystal McFarland
Jan 14, 2013 Crystal McFarland rated it it was amazing
loved this book.one of the best harlequins I've ever read.
Arlene

Bella Marie Cullen
Mar 01, 2013 Bella Marie Cullen rated it liked it
2 1/2 - 3
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Envy
Envy marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Tigger
Tigger rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Kay
Kay added it
May 12, 2016
P
P marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Becky
Becky rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Isabel Sharpe was not born pen in hand like so many of her fellow authors. After she quit work in 1994 to stay home with her first-born son and nearly went out of her mind, she started writing. Yes, she was the clichéd bored housewife writing romance, but it was either that cliché or seduce the mailman, and her mailman was unattractive. After more than twenty novels for Harlequin, and the exciting ...more
More about Isabel Sharpe...

Friends with Benefits (3 books)
  • Light Me Up