Start by marking “Froggie Went A-Courtin'” as Want to Read:
Froggie Went A-Courtin'

Froggie Went A-Courtin'

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"The course of true love never did run smooth."
("A Midsummer Night's Dream" — William Shakespeare)

Stand aside, Mr. Darcy. Keep walking, Rhett Butler. There's a new romantic hero in town. And, though he may not have all the ladies in the valley swooning with desire, he sure knows how to pitch the woo.

Iza Trapani does it once again in this favorite song about a lovesick frog
Published February 1st 2006 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Froggie Went A-Courtin', please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Froggie Went A-Courtin'

Mandy Couch
I thought this book was a great book and taught a valuable lesson. Froggie was on a mission to find someone to marry. He was wanting to just settle for anybody that would have him. In the end there was one person actually out there wanting to marry him!! It shows that when you wait and be patient good things are actually waiting for you. I love the illustrations in the book and the way it rhymes. I believe this is a good book to read to children. You can teach children about relationships, frien ...more
Adrienne
So funny! The pictures are great, and I'm sure kids will get a good laugh out of poor Froggie's rejections and then be happy when he finally finds his perfect match.
Sarah BT
I originally picked this book up to see if it could work for my storytelling class (we have a unit on folk songs). It's a cute version of the story, but it really needs the pictures to help tell the story.

Poor Froggie keeps asking animal after animal to marry him, and they keep rejecting him. But Froggie doesn't give up and it's when he meets a lovely Frog that he knows he's found his true love.

A fun retelling with adorable illustrations.
Angela
Big nicely-done illustrations. Fun to sing to my little one -- even has sheet music at the end to help readers sing along (woulda helped more if I'd known it was there *before* I got to the end!).
Meg McGregor
I have read thousands of books to children but I had never heard of this rhyme! Such a wonderful and whimsy tale that only Iza Trapani could make even better with her zany illustrations!
Jackie
This Froggie Went A-Courting is a little more verbose and imaginative. Froggie asks all the eligible young critters to marry him, but in the end he finds his true love.
Ellen
Iza Trapani did a great job changing the lyrics of this book. Kids laugh but adults roar at the funny text. The illustrations are great too.
Shala Howell
My 4 month old enjoyed the pictures and there wasn't too much story to bore her. Like that it has the music for the folk song in the back.
Heather
My daughter likes how Froggie ends up getting a good wife at the end. She also enjoys the colorful artwork.
Afton
A keeper for the kid's library.
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Iqra
Iqra marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Mrskena
Mrskena marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Joe Giles
Joe Giles marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Itsy Bitsy Spider Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star I'm a Little Teapot Baa Baa Black Sheep How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?