Start by marking “Undone (Fiery Tales, #2)” as Want to Read:
Undone (Fiery Tales, #2)

Undone (Fiery Tales #2)

Inspired by the tale of Rapunzel, USA Today bestselling author Lila DiPasqua, offers a new steamy, emotionally charged historical romance in the acclaimed Fiery Tales Series . . . Rescuing this beauty from the 'tower' is only the beginning . . .

Published April 23rd 2012 (first published April 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Undone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undone

Christina Reads
Dec 04, 2013 Christina Reads rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who love steamy historical romance, Fans of Lila DiPasqua, Fans of fairy tale retellings

This is a touching, romantic, seriously HOT, book inspired by Rapunzel, about a priva
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Jun 27, 2015 Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* rated it really liked it
As with all the Lila DiPasqua books I have read, UNDONE is filled with compelling characters, sizzling love scenes, suspense and a passionate romance.

Simon is the sort of tormented hero I love. He is full of self-condemnation having realised that, in blindly pursuing his own driving ambitions to rise above his lowly origins, he had closed his eyes to what was happening to his own people…. ‘the destruction and devastation’. His life is a mess and he feels tainted by his association with the corru
Omm785
Apr 25, 2012 Omm785 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone.
Loved this book. A beautiful erotic historical romance. This was my favorite part and had me LOL

“Do you really wish to become one of the ‘undesirables’?” he demanded. “Are you eager to bear children—sired by a man of common birth—that nobles would consider as revolting as a rodent? Do you want to always be at the mercy of your ‘betters’ and have them treat you and your children as less than human each time you’re in their presence? That’s the life of a commoner! That is what I, my mother, and ev
Christine Seybolt
Jul 25, 2012 Christine Seybolt rated it it was amazing
ISBN-13: 9780988035010
Publisher: Lila Dipasqua
Publication date: 5/28/2012
Pages: 326
Reviewed by ChristineRCJR
Book Heat: SCORCHER

Inspired by the tale of Rapunzel, Lila DiPasqua offers a new steamy, emotionally charged historical romance in the acclaimed Fiery Tales Series . . . Rescuing this beauty from the 'tower' is only the beginning . . .

Maintaining her ruse as a commoner, and trusting no one has kept Angelica safe. But a chance encounter with a handsome stranger lands her right where danger
A
I really enjoyed Undone. The characters felt raw and real to me. Our hero, Simon was born into poverty. Left orphaned at nine and alone to starve, he got a second chance when a man in the King's navy took him under his wing and raised him. He's grown up on warships, desperate to make something of himself. Desperate to become more than the lowly commoner he was born as. He doesn't want to be vulnerable to the upper class ever again.

He has been serving his country as a privateer. But what he real
Lisa
Well, I devoured this book within days of its release and I see I never wrote a review for it! So, this won't be overly long as, unfortunately, the story is not as fresh as when I should have written this review (and that just makes me anxious to reread it soon!). I knew what to expect from this romance--a hot, sexy retelling of the fairy tale Rapunzel but the way it was wove together was pure magic. I really liked the fact that the heroine didn't have a hair the length of a tower--because reall ...more
Nicole
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I couldn't put this book down!!! Their interaction and chemistry between the hero and heroine were so good. When Angelica reveals her secrets to Simon, oh let the emotional floodgates open! I teared up on more than one occasion in this book. And the ending had me sighing happily. Undone had the perfect fairy tale feel. Don't expect a woman with freakish long hair in this Rapunzel inspired romance. Do expect a wonderful heroine who has locked herself away from the world. A sexy her ...more
Crt
Jan 04, 2014 Crt rated it did not like it
So dificult was to ask to someone who knew Spanish? Or to look for the name of a real ship? "La Estella Blanco" does not mean The White Star as she says in the Glosary (she should have written "La Estrella Blanca"). "Estella" is nothing in fact, well this is a village in the north of Spain, but nothing else. I know my english is not very good, but if I had to write something in english in a book I would be careful about that.

Anyway I don't like the book. Boooooooooooring.
Mica MA
Sep 25, 2014 Mica MA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
AMAZING READ!!!

I Couldn't put this book down if my life depended on it ;);)

Can't wait for more Mademoiselle LILA!!!
FAVOURITE QUOTEs:

Grasping her arms, he whirled her around, pressed her against the door he didn't even remember closing,and crushed his mouth to hers. His kiss was demanding, heated, anguished, and desperate. He tasted tears and wasn't at all certain they were hers alone.
Kat Desi
Jun 30, 2015 Kat Desi rated it it was amazing
Wow! I think this is the best book in the series—so far! I got really sucked into the story from the very first page. Adore the characters, the story line, everything! At one point I teared up a bit!
Kristin Anders
Oct 21, 2012 Kristin Anders rated it really liked it
"Undone" is book #4 in the Fiery Tales series,
but can be read as a stand-alone novel.

How are the sex scenes?

DiPasqua adds more depth to their relationship by showing the intimate moments and mentioning others that happened behind closed doors.
And the steamy scenes we do see definitely push the story.

How are the story lines?

Really loved those. The hero has a plan, the heroine has a plan, the hero interferes with said plans and all romance breaks loose.

Review

"Undone" by Lila DiPasqua is a full
Diana Gould
Jun 06, 2012 Diana Gould rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down. From start to finish it kept me engaged and turning the pages.
Undone was well written in one of my favorite genre's and time settings. I loved the romantic
storyline and twists and turns that it took from one location to another and yet another. Angelica is a very strong character that finds it hard to trust anyone - Simon is a brave Captain that rescues Angelica and neither one will admit to falling in love with the other. It is a captivating, sensual story of a lo
Lauren
Jul 18, 2012 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of this book from a GoodReads giveaway.

I feel like I cant describe this book without giving something away and I really don't want to ruin the surprise but I do agree that this is a highly emotional read so keep your box of tissues nearby ;) This book for me was a first of many it was my first book by the author, my first historical romance, and my first "grown up" (lol) fairy tale. I fell in love with this book quickly turning the pages to find out what happened next and found myse
Milena's Book Corner
Apr 19, 2012 Milena's Book Corner rated it it was amazing
"OMG! I have no words. I just finished this and Lila DiPasqua has done it to me again. I was up reading this to the early morning hours and I was finally able to get back to it and I BALLED, I mean, she had me crying at a certain part of the book that totally knocked me back with surprise. I saw her mention that this is her most emotionally charged book, and man she wasn't kidding. THIS BOOK IS SO FREAKIN GOOD!!!" - Christina Reads
Rose
Nov 01, 2014 Rose rated it it was amazing
Loved this sooooo much. I don't think the description does this book justice. There are secret identities, pirate ships, intrigue, Louis the Fourteenth, a private island, an impossible match and so much more! Well written characters and fantastic plot together with such a great love story earned this title five stars from me.
Jill
Apr 26, 2012 Jill rated it liked it

Mandi Schreiner
Apr 23, 2012 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, erotic
I think I’ve read all of Lila DiPasqua’s previous books which are fun, erotic historicals based on fairy tales. In Undone, she plays off of the story of Rapunzel. Angelica is running from France, and her evil stepfather. Under the guise of a commoner, she takes shelter in a convent in the Republic of Genoa. She finds peace and contentment, and most of all security. No one will ever discover where she is. She finds joy in teaching orphans and becomes very good friends with a woman named Gabrielle ...more
constance
So I absolutely loved this book ( I know I absolutely love a lot of books, but I really, really, loved this one). I'm also super excited because I got this book as a goodreads first read (only my second win, and my first to review). Yay!!

I was very impressed with the first two in Lila DiPasqua's Fiery Tales series (sadly I've not yet read the third book) so I was very much so looking forward to reading Undone. Undone, like all the fiery tales are loosely based on classic fairy tale, in this cas
Leslie
Jun 02, 2013 Leslie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who want their historical fiction with romance, spice, and action.
I supposed the fact that our hero, Simon, "rescued" our heroine, Angelica, from a sort of prison could be compared to the tale of Rapunzel. But overall, I don't really see this as a fairy tale retelling. But that doesn't mean Undone is not a great read on its own. This book is very well written with passionate main characters surrounded by love, drama, and action. It's a great, fun read that is easy to get swept up in.

Our main couple, Simon and Angelica, were fabulous. There was great chemistry
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Apr 11, 2012 Kelly % Books-n-Kisses rated it it was amazing
I have to say I am totally in Love with Lila!!!!

She writes some WICKED GOOD FEIRY tales. Undone is SO good...

Official review:
n Undone we get to learn more about Simon Boulenger, who we meet in A Midnight Dance (book 3). Simon’s only goal in life has been to become an aristocrat, by any means possible.
Simon has battled his way from poverty and certain death to become an officer in the King’s navy. Oh and Simon is a very, very naughty boy. Why you ask? Well you will just have to read the book :
Noelle Pierce
May 02, 2012 Noelle Pierce rated it it was amazing
Quick summary – Lila DiPasqua’s Undone is the second full-length title in her Fiery Tales series (4th in the series, overall), and it’s based on the fairy tale, Rapunzel. Mademoiselle Angelica has been cloistered in a nunnery in Genoa for the past ten years, and she likes it that way. She sneaks out of the abbey and on her way back, she runs into Simon Boulenger, knocking him off his feet. Literally. (And yes, I used that correctly.) He follows her into the abbey and witnesses the Mother Superio ...more
Victoria
Aug 20, 2013 Victoria rated it it was ok
I can see why some people may have thought that this book was amazing - it does offer drama and suspense. However, the characters, their reasoning for their actions and plot twists seemed so contrived. It seemed like DiPasqua just wanted to stick in all the ideas she had into this book to make it more exciting, but in the end it just felt too forced.

The characters are also so painstakingly stubborn, refusing to listen/tell anything to each other anything - it takes almost half the book for Simon
Romancing the Book
Jan 11, 2014 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, romance
Reviewed by Desere
Book provided by the author for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was without a doubt one of the best historicals I ever read! It took a beautiful young and strong lady who has managed to stay safe until the very handsome Simon Boulenger made a go for her! He thinks he has done her a favor and rescued her, but in fact he has placed their lives in more trouble.

But amongst the danger and secrets, they share a very strong attraction for each other that was b
Ibrium
Kanya
Aug 26, 2012 Kanya rated it it was amazing
Wow. I'm floored. This is one of the best historical romance I've read. Liked every word of it, from the beginning to the very touching dedication at the end. Couldn't put my book down. It's a sweet and very sexy story.
The author uses a little French in her book and I was glad to see that her French is perfect (I'm a reviser for a French publisher, so I should know).
I won Undone on a giveaway. It was my first book from Lila DiPasqua and it sure won't be my last.

Kati
Sep 11, 2012 Kati rated it really liked it
Ah, purple prose! But really well written purple prose for when you are in the mood ... like after a bunch of super emotional reads when you need to just give it a rest and go for a formulaic, fun guilty pleasure. Loved the tortured, super devoted hero.
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
May 09, 2013 UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish marked it as own-need-to-read

For a limited time this book is free at Smashwords. Use coupon code DR78Z

My thanks to Amy for posting a link to Rock*It Reads
Free Books
Kathy
Mar 26, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing
The weekend that I read Undone, I had so much to do. Housework, shopping, more housework...but I ended up curled up in my favourite reading chair all day with Undone - I couldn't put this beautiful book down. Time very well spent, I'd say.
LOU71
Jan 21, 2017 LOU71 rated it liked it
Undone is the second book in the Fiery Tale series and is inspired by the fairy tale of Rapunzel. It's an erotic 17th century historical romance with elements of sea adventure, island refuge, swashbuckling sword fights, and the politics of France in the 1660's. It's quite a multi-layered read which kept my attention as its inter-woven storylines give depth to the plot and characters.

A Midnight Dance - 3 stars
Undone - 3 stars: Liked this book better than first.

Captain Simon Boulenger dresses a
Stella
Apr 26, 2012 Stella rated it it was amazing
Having read my share of Lila DiPasqua books I should have known better than to start reading Undone after 11pm one night, because I warn you you won't be able to stop. Lila's writing style makes the story flow and her characters are so engaging it was almost 2 am when I noticed I was yawning and that dawn would soon break.

Undone is the 4th book in Lila DiPasqua's Fiery Tales, steamy historical romance series, which are sexy retellings of some classic fairy tales. Undone is Rapunzel's tale, but j
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 02, 2015 09:58AM
  • Forever and a Day (The Rumor, #1)
  • Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)
  • The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3)
  • Love's Revenge
  • Scoundrel Ever After (Secrets & Scandals, #6)
  • Secrets of an Accidental Duchess (Donovan Sisters, #2)
  • The Pleasure of Your Kiss (Burke Brothers, #1)
  • Touch of a Lady (Touch of Seduction #0.5)
  • Invitation to Scandal (Invitation To #2)
  • Masquerade
  • Lord of Fire and Ice
  • How to Ravish a Rake (How To #3)
  • At Your Pleasure
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1)
Lila DiPasqua is a USA TODAY bestselling author of historical romance with heat. She lives with her husband, three children and two rescue dogs and is a firm believer in the happily-ever-after.

***SIGN UP FOR MY 99¢ NEW RELEASE ALERT NEWSLETTER!***

Each new release will be just 99¢ for a SHORT time only. GET NOTIFIED. Don't miss out! Easy sign up form found on http://www.LilaDiPasqua.com/

JOIN ME ON
More about Lila DiPasqua...

Fiery Tales (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • A Midnight Dance (Fiery Tales, #1)
  • The Duke's Match Girl (Fiery Tales, #3)
  • Sleeping Beau (Fiery Tales, #4)
  • Little Red Writing (Fiery Tales, #5)
  • Bewitching in Boots (Fiery Tales, #6)
  • The Marquis's New Clothes (Fiery Tales, #7)
  • The Lovely Duckling (Fiery Tales, #8)
  • Three Reckless Wishes (Fiery Tales, #10)
  • Awakened by a Kiss