Start by marking “Me & My Brothers, Vol. 1 (Me & My Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Me & My Brothers, Vol. 1 (Me & My Brothers, #1)

Me & My Brothers, Vol. 1 (Me & My Brothers #1)

One Lost Girl + Four Confused Brothers = A Whole Lotta Wackiness! When Sakura, a fourteen-year-old orphaned girl, discovers she has four half-brothers, her world is turned upside down as they're all forced to live under one roof... From international manga-ka Hari Tokeino comes a manga series that shows you can't choose your family--even though sometimes you might want to!
Published July 10th 2007 by TokyoPop (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Me & My Brothers, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me & My Brothers, Vol. 1

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga Book Ever
416th out of 860 books — 3,265 voters
Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Great Romance Manga Reads!
218th out of 334 books — 555 voters

More lists with this book...

Aug 07, 2007 Deb rated it liked it
Recommends it for: furuba & ouran fans
Shelves: manga, shojo-josei
The story:
Concentrates solely on the difficulty of keeping a mixed, parentless family together without any outside plots. So far.

The family set-up:
In this first volume, it seems to be almost entirely based around the Fruits Basket & Ouran High School Host Club characters.

The breakdown:
The oldest brother is a crossbreed of Shigure & Ayame, the second oldest is Hatori, the third is Kyo, and then the fourth is more like the character Mori from Ouran Host club.

Sakura, the young girl who is
one brother is very feminine, is mistaken for a woman.

Ends with a short bonus comic in which a girl and a boy switch bodies. The girl wants to be a boy so she can pursue the relationship more aggressively.
Karaoke OK
Mar 03, 2009 Karaoke OK rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-favorites
[Series Length: 7 volumes / Read: volumes 1-5]

(Would you like me to post a short review of this series? Feel free to place a request in my GoodReads InBox. Thanks!)
Oct 08, 2008 Ingenue rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
The most interesting thing about this volume was the Fruits Basket excerpt in the back. Way to damn this series in comparison, Tokyopop!
Jun 12, 2009 India added it
I loved this book. I don't usually read manga but I came across this in the book store and read the first few pages. I was great.
Feb 05, 2010 Mary added it
Cute story. I've been following this from the beginning. Kinda makes me wish I'd had older brothers rather than a younger sister!
Feb 12, 2010 Casie25 added it
Shelves: 2010
Sakura has been living with her grandmother ever since her parents died in an accident. Her grandmother passed away recently. One day, she comes home from school and finds four men who claim to be her half brothers. They also give her a letter from her grandmother asking them to take care of Sakura. Sakura gradually learns to live with this four brothers and will have many family experiences together.
May 28, 2010 Tsuki rated it really liked it
I have an older brother myself (and I happen to be just a little older and just as short as sakura), and if you ask me this book holds true to reality. My older brother is all of Sakura's brothers combined into one where the only connection is in protecting and loving the little sister. This manga is hillarious, some times a little out there, and can hold true to reality.
Jul 02, 2010 April added it
I really tried to like this, but I felt like the characters were all too stereotyped and I just couldn't get into it. It wasn't that funny to me and I'm sick of the poor manga girl who worries she's a burden to everyone else. give me a break. maybe if I had continued to plunge forward it would have grown on me, but I kept hopign that it would and it didn't
Apr 03, 2011 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, family_drama, shojo
Cute manga. It feeds into my childhood fantasy of wishing I had a bunch of older brothers who would love and protect me (in the nicest ways). In this first volume of the series, young Sakura (14) loses her grandmother and thinks that she is now alone in the world. But within days, she suddenly finds 4 older brothers in her house. Sakura doesn't remember them well since she was about 3 when they were all separated from each other, but as soon as her brothers realize her situation, they rush to be ...more
Jul 03, 2011 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This was not expecting this to be soo cute! I had never really wanted brothers, but I would have loved to have as nice of brothers as these. What else can I say other than it's cutie cute cute? Well, it's nice to see that family is what you make of it.

4.5 stars, but it's so cute that I don't mind rounding up.
Jul 15, 2015 Emma rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed, manga
I was reading this, and for the longest time I was thinking "Why do I keep feeling deja vu?" Then, when I finished it, I realized why: Almost everything in this book has been done before. Here's a list of everything I can think of:

1. The name of the main character. Sakura. This name is used waaaaaaay too much. Why? Why? Yeah sure, it's pretty and it means 'cherry blossom' and all, but don't you think the mangaka could have thought of something just a little more creative?

2. Her parents are dead.
Jun 13, 2012 Jody added it
I didn't like it. It starts of interesting but the brothers act too weird. They all defend and baby Sakura. It gets very annoying after awhile.
Baotran rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2012
Anne Freya
Anne Freya rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2012
Jasmine Perez
Jasmine Perez rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2012
Laura (ローラ)
Feb 19, 2013 Beni rated it really liked it
I grabbed it at good will and I loved it. cute and funny enough to make me want to read till the end :3
May 24, 2013 Whereis rated it really liked it
A pretty decent book. I have to agree with some of the review I've read in that this book borrows heavily from other shoujo manga. Definitely has an Ouran High School Host Club feel. Very sweet though, I enjoyed it. It comes across a little incestous though. She's not technically related to her brothers, so that opens the story up for a romance down the line. Kind of creepy now that I think about it.
Christy rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Mercy Badgero
Mercy Badgero rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2013
I was looking forward to the manga, the blurb sounded quite awesome.

Sadly, it was not meant to be. The whole book is one big cliché. Suddenly she gets 4 brothers, who all look like they stepped out of some other manga. We got Takeshi, who clearly looks like Mori (though now with added beard) from Ouran High School Host Club (same way they act, practically the same look), Masashi, a bit of a combination of Tamaki and some other characters. Takashi, clearly Kyoya, only a bit more kinder, and then
Riley King
Nov 29, 2014 Riley King rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Fun, cute, and enjoyable. Me & My Brothers is a manga that possesses the perfect balance of lighthearted goofiness and heartfelt moments. I'm looking forward to reading volume 2.
Mosley Allen
Apr 17, 2015 Mosley Allen rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Was hoping for a little more comedy but I figured it will get a little better and hopefully a little deeper in later volumes.
Shenyeng Vang
Shenyeng Vang rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2015
anna neukirch
anna neukirch rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
Linda rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Please note that this review is for the entire series, not just the first volume:

Me & My Brothers is one of the first manga I ever read, and it has remained one of my absolute favorites ever since. The story itself is cute but relatively uneventful–a slice-of-life family story that gradually morphs into something of a romantic comedy while still retaining the slice-of-life, family-story feel. Actually, nothing much ever really happens in the plot; it’s totally the characters that carry the s
Whelan rated it it was ok
Jun 17, 2016
Oct 02, 2016 Azuyu rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, comedy, manga
Me & My Brothers adalah salah satu serial yang paling gw tunggu di setiap terbitan HanaLala, dengan versi Indonesia berjudul With My Brothers. Ceritanya simpel, lucu dan lumayan kental aroma kekeluargaan. Artworknya nggak begitu bagus... sedikit kasar dan berantakan malah. Tapi gw sih nggak begitu peduli.

Sakura Miyashita baru saja kehilangan nenek yang merawatnya sejak kecil. Untungnya Sakura tidak akan hidup sendirian, karena empat orang pria yang mengaku sebagai kakak Sakura datang menyela
  • V.B. Rose Volume 1
  • Crossroad Vol. 1
  • Hot Gimmick, Volume 2 (Hot Gimmick Omnibus Edition, #2)
  • B.O.D.Y., Vol. 3
  • NG Life, Volume 1 (NG Life, #1)
  • Otomen, Vol. 8 (Otomen, #8)
  • Happy Cafe, Volume 2
  • Papillon 1
  • Butterflies, Flowers, Vol. 1 (Butterflies, Flowers, #1)
  • Penguin Revolution: Volume 1
  • High School Debut, Vol. 02 (High School Debut, #2)

Me & My Brothers (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 2 (Me & My Brothers, #2)
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 3 (Me & My Brothers, #3)
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 4 (Me & My Brothers, #4)
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 5 (Me & My Brothers, #5)
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 6 (Me & My Brothers, #6)
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 7 (Me & My Brothers, #7)
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 8 (Me & My Brothers, #8)
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 9 (Me & My Brothers, #9)
  • Me & My Brothers Vol. 10 (Me & My Brothers, #10)
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 11 (Me & My Brothers, #11)