Start by marking “A Taste of Old Revenge” as Want to Read:
A Taste of Old Revenge

A Taste of Old Revenge

4.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
A Taste of Old Revenge is a classic hard boiled/noir police-procedural from the days of Ed McBain and Raymond Chandler.

Detectives Turner Hahn and Frank Morales, two old pros hailing out of the South Side Precinct, have a couple of vicious homicide cases dumped into their laps. Cases no one else wants to touch. Cases that go back into the past and raise up old specters of h
Published December 5th 2011 by Untreed Reads

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of Old Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of Old Revenge

Les Edgerton
Nov 03, 2014 Les Edgerton rated it it was amazing

Thanks to B.R. Stateham, I’m writing this after only a couple of hours of sleep. It’s his fault the insides of my eyeballs feel like sandpaper and I’m on my fifth cup of coffee and it’s only 6:30 ayem.

I fully intended to go to sleep at my normal beddy-bye time, Didn’t work out. Why? Because I picked up his danged novel, A Taste of Old Revenge. I picked it up to get to sleep. Read a few pages and drift off…

Didn’t happen. Couldn’t put it down. Had to go downstairs to finish as my wife kept complai
Darren Sant
Jan 21, 2013 Darren Sant rated it it was amazing
Frank Morales and Turner Hahn are a couple of hard working homicide detectives. Morales, the family man, is a big ugly lug of a man with a keen intellect and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Turner Hahn is a single man with an uncanny resemblence to Clark Gable and a love of muscle cars. Wealthy beyond the means of most detectives Turner doesn't need to work but without his job he'd go stir crazy. The story is largely told from Turner's perspective.

What Stateham offers with this novel is a
Venkatesan Iyengar
Dec 15, 2012 Venkatesan Iyengar rated it liked it
A Taste of Old Revenge has all the caparisons of a dark noir police-procedural. It begins with a murder—the murder of Abraham Polanski, the owner of a garage specializing in restorations, and incidentally a holocaust survivor. Enter Turner Hahn and Frank Morales, two homicide detectives with prior experience in investigating such knotty cases. And with them for company, begins your roller-coaster ride that has the right amount of twists and turns, which include the mysterious death of a convenie ...more
Lady Catfood
Lady Catfood marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Paul Brazill
Paul Brazill rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
Celisa
Celisa marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Scott Brook
Scott Brook marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2012
Pragya
Pragya marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2012
Charlotte Phillips
Charlotte Phillips marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2012
Trestle Press
Trestle Press rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2012
B.R. Stateham
Dec 14, 2011 B.R. Stateham rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Untreed Reads
Untreed Reads rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2011
I'n sixty-six years old. And yes, my portrait was used in 1931 for the original design of Boris Karloff's Frankenstein (well, maybe I'm stretching the truth just an intsy-bitsy bit).

I write hardboiled/noir. And fantasy. And someday . . . someday I plan to make a buck two ninety-five doing it. But I'm not holding my breath.
More about B.R. Stateham...