Start by marking “Change Your Words, Change Your World” as Want to Read:
Change Your Words, Change Your World

Change Your Words, Change Your World

A book of transformation and guidance that cheers the spirit and awakens a sense of personal responsibility.

We use words every day to communicate, to express our feelings and thoughts, but we often forget how powerful they can be and how important it is to choose them with care if we wish to attract love, happiness and success.

With honesty and warmth, Andrea Gardner shares
Published April 9th 2012 by Hay House UK

To ask other readers questions about Change Your Words, Change Your World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Change Your Words, Change Your World

Peggy Dekay
Dec 15, 2012 Peggy Dekay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: motivational
This book was a departure for me, but a happy one. Andrea Gardner's book, Change Your Words, Change Your World is her story, and in some ways, all of our stories. The book takes us through her journey from rags to riches, and then tells us why her world changed so drastically...because she changed her words. You may not agree with everything she says in this book, but, I believe that most people who read her book will hear the universal truth that resounds within its pages...the words we choose ...more
Lauren
May 17, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it
The YouTube video that previewed this book intrigued me enough to pre-order. Overall, I enjoyed the book. The message reminded me much of the Wiccan Rule of Three (whatever energy a person puts out into the world, be it positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times.)

As a world-optimist/self-pessimist, I like books that inspire me to look inward for the things in my life that are bringing me unhappiness.

I'll probably read this book again.
Brian Canavan
May 17, 2012 Brian Canavan rated it really liked it
Recommended to Brian by: Andrea Gardner
Andreas book is a wee gem for anyone wishing to explore the benefits of NLP and, to use her phrase, self leadership.

Told through Andrea's own experience with suggestions of how to apply the techniques this is a great introductory read for anyone interested in NLP but reluctant to read the more mundane textbook style books on the subject.

Go read it.

Stefano
Oct 21, 2012 Stefano rated it did not like it
I bought this for Kindle instinctively, thinking it was going to be an essay on language or something of that kind; it was in fact a book on how your words can ACTUALLY alter the world, full of cheap new-age mysticism and (as it is often the case) inappropriately attempting to found its points on a scientific basis via misinterpretations of quantum mechanics.
I didn't manage to get a long way through it, but I doubt there were many further "revelations" hiding in the remainder of the book and de
Tu Anh
Oct 28, 2016 Tu Anh rated it it was ok
I bought this book thinking it was a guide on how to improve my writing skills. Unfortunately this isn't the case at all. The book is filled with wishy washy pseudo-wisdom and random life memories of the author. The central message repeats throughout every single chapter - if one stays positive, one's life will be positive. The author offers no evidence or arguments to support this claim other than, "believe me, it's true because I said so."

That was a waste of my two hours.
Alena Kuzniatsova
Oct 16, 2016 Alena Kuzniatsova rated it really liked it
Written by a professional copywriter (I am afraid with the purpose to promote the copywriting skills and attract new clients), the book is a pleasure to read linguistically. A bit light in essence, it does give inspiration to think more carefully about the words we use and stay positive. Provides a good step by step description of visualization techniques for planning and achieving new goals.
Martin Firrell
May 09, 2015 Martin Firrell rated it liked it
This book has a great title and starts well. I thought the personal story we well written and evocative and I enjoyed it a great deal.

The rest of the book seemed to me composed of many small 'titbits' of new thought that didn't really add up to anything much. And often there was the exhortation to do this or that but without any guidance on how one might approach those tasks practically.

Most disappointing of all is the missed opportunity to write a book about the way words really shape our live
Danny
Dec 01, 2013 Danny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A very so-so book, regurgitating so much of what's already been said and written, all of which I'd already read and heard, no original material in here at all. Although on a positive note, it serves as a good reminder and reinforcement of everything I know. Not to be read again though. Most disappointing was the fact that the title "Change your words, change your world" along with the video of the author changing a beggars sign, etc. did not match the content of this book at all. I was really ho ...more
Brian Canavan
May 24, 2012 Brian Canavan rated it really liked it
Andrea's book is a wee gem for anyone wishing to explore the benefits of NLP and, to use her phrase, self leadership.

Her self effacing humour and humility throughout the book make reading the book and its subject matter so much more enjoyable.

Why only 4 stars? Well I'll save t
Louise Armstrong
Jun 19, 2016 Louise Armstrong rated it it was ok
Betsy Ng
Apr 09, 2015 Betsy Ng rated it liked it
Simple to read and understand. It is useful for a start to those practitioners who wish to explore positivity and embrace changes in life. Whatever we say can be impactful towards outcomes and people. Whichever words or sentences you speak can be detrimental to one's affect or thoughts. The choice of words is important and we should be mindful during our speech or conversation. This book is quite similar to the previous book I read, about changing your thoughts and embracing changes in life by a ...more
Geoffrey
Feb 20, 2014 Geoffrey rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I got pulled into this book via the short film on YouTube... Which I later learned was a remake of a short film (with no credit to the original) So, I was hoping for a lot more than new agey pseudo mystic vibe that ran through it. Fans of The Secret will probably like it. It did nothing for me, though.
Ezgi Çiçek
May 31, 2015 Ezgi Çiçek rated it liked it
I read this book over three months. When I picked it up again two months later to continue from where I left of, I was disoriented because there is a stark contrast between the first part of the book where she tells her story to the rest. Still, second part was full of insights that are valuable, but now convincing. I would go back to the parts I have highlighted in times of need.
GONZA
Aug 29, 2012 GONZA rated it liked it
Positive psychology and NLP can really help people to change their life. This book can be a good point where to start or can just provides useful informations and insights.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HAY HOUSE U.K. FOR THE PREVIEW
Victor
Sep 08, 2013 Victor rated it it was ok
2 stars for comedic value

I was expecting a psychology book with peer reviewed study about the usage of words. But instead was served with wishful new-age belief about literally manifesting stuff into your life just by thinking about it.

More review to come
Gillian Mcintosh
Jan 13, 2014 Gillian Mcintosh rated it liked it
Not sure about this. I get the concept but it needed more examples, or specific situations. Good habits to get into as what is said after the fact is not always what is a person's gut reaction. If 'love is all there is' a reaction should be 'loving'. But is it?
Tracy
Nov 11, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it
Bit airy fairy in places, but good reminder to view things in the positive and what a difference that can make.
Barbara Lovejoy
Mar 28, 2014 Barbara Lovejoy rated it really liked it
LOTS of great food for thought and ideas to apply. Love this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzi...
Bjoern Rochel
This one is hard to judge for me. I liked reading it, but I don't consider myself a spiritual person. I'm going to try some of her excercises though. Let's see where it'll take me ...
Ronald J.
This is from the maker of the viral video, The Power of Words, which I love. I guess I was expecting more from this book. It's more a personal story than a study of linguistics. The video is better.
Ashley
Jan 05, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book! it's amazing how affirmations can make your day more pleasant and help you better cope w the stresses of life. I highly recommend this book!
Steve Farson
Steve Farson rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2015
G
G rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Shirley McLain
Shirley McLain rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2012
Mary Reilly
Mary Reilly rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
jimm
jimm rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2015
Laura Macdonald
Laura Macdonald rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Ela
Ela rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2012
J
J rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2017
Mayee
Mayee rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Persuasion: The Art of Influencing People
  • It's Not Luck
  • Mission in a Bottle: The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently--and Succeeding
  • The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
  • The Compassionate Mind
  • Earth Angels
  • Implicated
  • Reiki Shamanism: A Guide to Out-of-Body Healing
  • Reiki: The Healing Touch First & Second Degree Manual
  • Inspired Creative Writing (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • A Witch's 10 Commandments: Magickal Guidelines for Everyday Life
  • The 18 Rules of Happiness
  • The Spirit Book: The Encyclopedia of Clairvoyance, Channeling, and Spirit Communication

“By slowing down your inner and outer speech, you can begin to choose your words more wisely. Each one will take on more power, compassion, and meaning, and the process will begin to stimulate inspirational thoughts in the listener’s brain. In fact, the other person’s brain will begin to mirror what you’re feeling. It’s a process we call ‘neural resonance’ and it’s the most effective way to build mutual understanding and trust. You can even use silence to increase the” 0 likes
“If we change our words, we can change our world. This means that if we change our inner stories and ideas about ourselves, we can also change our bodies.” 0 likes