Nest of Serpents (Wereworld, #4)

Nest of Serpents (Wereworld #4)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  425 ratings  ·  27 reviews
War Has Gripped The Seven Realms...Young Werewolf Drew Ferran, rightful king of Westland, has rushed to the aid of the besieged Staglords, whose mountain stronghold is surrounded by the forces of the Werelion Prince Lucas. And deep in the haunted Dyrewood forest, the Wereladies Gretchen and Whitley seek sanctuary within the city of Brackenholme. No opposing force has ever...more
Published June 7th 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Nest of Serpents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nest of Serpents

Kristalia
Final rating: ★★★★/★★★★★

Hm...I think i prefer previous three books to this one. But it's still cool in its own way :) Anyway, very good sequel to Wereworld series. There were plot twists once again (i always welcome plot twists and unpredictability) and many fights, battles, struggles, treacheries, new alliances, deaths of characters and lot more. P.S. Wyldermen are very, extremely very creepy people. I don't like cannibals, and they creep the hell out of me... Not to mention Vala, the snake "g...more
Sham27
Wanted to finish the book, but it was past midnight:( So reluctantly I closed this book, to finish it the next day and I did finished another great book in this series the very next day. Really, it was amazing and ended with another cliffhanger just like the previous book.
I really liked Trent's character and hoping to see more of him in the next book and also looking forward to see how both the brothers meeting are going to go.
The only thing I can do now is wait (not patiently) for the next book...more
Mad about

I've fallen in love with this series and hope it never ends but the war in Lyssia won't last forever.
With the supporters of the Wolves taking a beating from every corner and more troops arriving across the ocean from Bast things certainly look bleak.

Drew Ferran a.k.a the future king is trying to lend his aid to all his supporters but he's only one Lycanthrope and now disabled after his capture in Cape Gala. The beasts of Bast march on to suppress Lyssia while the Cannibal Wylderman have Brackenh...more
SJH (A Dream of Books)
I was super excited when I realised that there was a new book in the Wereworld series out. After having been left on a cliffhanger at the end of the fourth book, I was eager to pick this one up and start it straight away.

The first part re-introduces the reader to all the characters and picks up the thread of their stories. Hector, Drew, Whitley and Gretchen, alolng with Drew's brother Trent are scattered throughout Lyssia. Drew is helping the Staglords defend themselves against the Werelion Pri...more
Suzan
Collin
It was great. Drew is helping the Stags keep control of Stormdale while the Crows of Riven and Rats of Vermire attack them on Onyx's orders. Gertchen and Whitley are heading to Brackenholme while battles are everywhere over Lyssia. They don't know it but they bring an unwanted quest into the Woodland Realm. Hector is now the leader of Tuskun. He switched sides to the Catlords so he could have all the power he wanted.
Alexander Draganov
A little bit too long for my taste, but apart from this it is really wonderful. The numerous plot twists and the nonstop violent action make this books a must for fans of exciting swords & sorcery tales. This series is becoming a personal favorite of mine.
Bari
Book 4 of the Wereworld series is an action packed, page turning adventure.

Looking forward to book 5
Sean

Another great instalment in the wereworld saga, I'm already looking forward to the next one.
Leeya
Was gripping story from cover to cover. Can't wait for the next one.
Joey Emery
Full of action.
William Fewox III
Oh dear, we've hit a bit of a pothole.

I want to say that there's nothing immediately bad about Nest of Serpents. It's just there's a lot less good in it as well.

I didn't dislike the book, but it's focusing on the worst elements of the story and taking me away from all the things I WANT to see. It took a major turn in Drew's relationship status I did not care for, but that's a personal opinion, and shouldn't be held against the book.

First off, Trent, Drew's brother, does not engage. And the book...more
Franziska
Nathan Carerros
I think the book had a twist in the ending. When Drew was in his Werewolf form and he howled, he had wolves answer to his howl. I think that is cool because Drew is one of the last Wolflords that lives. His mom his a white wolf but she doesn't get any answer from wolves when she does howl.
Nic
Really confusing I couldnt follow what was happeneing half the time so didn't finish it.
Cathi
Books are getting pretty violent. And can nothing go right for these people?!?
Kristen
Another great addition to the Wereworld saga. I love how the different stories and characters wove in and out of the main story and kept me guessing.
Erin
I don't know if it's because I read so many of this series so close together, or what, but it seems like they are a bit formulaic at this point, and I'm starting to tire of the series and characters. Even though we are introduced to new faces and different parts of the Lyssian world, it still feels the same. The character exploration is not very deep and the story itself jumps way too frequently without ever getting deeper. Truly feel as though this was a let-down.
ultimate reader
Lauren Lucas
This is probably one of my favorite books that I have ever read. I wish that Curtis Jobling would make this series longer than just six books. I think this series is better than Eragon, which is a similar series that I have read. Also my favorite part is when Drew was fighting Vala because I could just see this scene in my head. Curtis Jobling is a very descriptive writer and I hope to read all of his books.
Kole Hufnagel
After coming off of reading the previous two, i love the series even more! Every book Curtis seems to add to the excitig parts in ways that are non explainable
Zak
I hope the rightful king doesn't get killed. War is still in the Catlords favor. Dear Brenn help our Werelords to turn the tide in their favor. I want Gretchen and Drew to be reunited. Long live the Drew the Wolf King!!!
Arkarian Xerxes
at this point if you have read this then you might be hooked. I can say this one is just as good as others but for me it is starting to get repetitive.
Avery
i hate at the end that he is blind the king of wolves and he's blind but i can't wait for book 5
Nanette
The twists and turns of this series, alone, is enough to keep you reading.
PWRL
Nov 04, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Beau
Nov 06, 2013 Beau added it
good
Blair
Blair marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
  • Thief (The Brides of Alba #2)
  • Circle of Heroes (The Familiars, #3)
  • City of Swords (Stravaganza, #6)
  • The Mammoth Book of Wolf Men
  • The Hunters (Brotherband Chronicles, #3)
  • Dominated (Wolf Gatherings, #2)
  • Prey (The Wereling, #2)
  • Shapeshifters Anonymous
  • The Nightman
  • Air Keep (Farworld, #3)
  • Wild Love (Werewolves of Forever, Texas #1)
  • Revenge of the Horned Bunnies (Dragonbreath, #6)
  • Stolen Souls (Nightshade Prequel #1.5)
  • Cherished (Mystic Wolves #1B)
  • Escape from Shadow Island (Max Cassidy, #1)
  • Dragon Castle
  • Moment of Truth (The Laws of Magic, #5)
  • Vanishing Act: Mystery at the U.S. Open (The Sports Beat, #2)
Curtis Jobling is an author and illustrator based in the UK. Working in publishing and animation he is possibly most (in)famously known as the designer of the BAFTA winning "Bob The Builder", as well as creator of CBeebies "Raa Raa the Noisy Lion" and CBBC's "Frankenstein’s Cat". Early work in animation included model and puppet painting on Wallace & Gromit’s "A Close Shave" and Tim Burton’s "...more
More about Curtis Jobling...
Rise of the Wolf (Wereworld, #1) Rage of Lions (Wereworld, #2) Shadow of the Hawk (Wereworld, #3) Storm of Sharks (Wereworld, #5) War of the Werelords (Wereworld, #6)

“Every journey starts with a small step, every wave a ripple.” 9 likes