Start by marking “The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #1)

The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga #1)

4.21  ·  Rating Details ·  12,002 Ratings  ·  725 Reviews
Tessa Gray thought her journey to London would be the beginning of a new life, but she never could have envisioned the dark turn that life would take... Abducted upon arrival, Tessa is introduced to London's Downworld, the sordid supernatural underbelly of the city, and informed that her future will be recast to service a man known as "The Magister". Only the intervention ...more
Published October 30th 2012 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about The Infernal Devices, please sign up.

Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Jan 07, 2016 Catriona (LittleBookOwl) rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I decided to read the manga of Clockwork Angel, instead of re-reading the novel (mostly for the sake of saving myself a bit of time) before continuing on with the series.
I really enjoyed Clockwork Angel, but I didn't really like it in this format at all. There was so much left out, which is understandable considering the different form. Unfortunately because of this it left me quite confused at times, as well as rather irritated with the characters and the rate at which some things occur was por
Josu
Apr 30, 2013 Josu rated it liked it
Una adaptación realmente bien hecha, respetando todos los detalles y las tramas principales de la historia. Sin embargo, no se profundiza apenas en el mundo que se presenta (no hay ni siquiera alguna página explicando qué son los Cazadores de Sombras, para qué se utiliza el Insituto...), y eso es un punto que no me ha gustado mucho.

En cuanto al diseño de personajes, he de decir que la mayoría de veces me sentía confuso. Los rasgos característicos de estos apenas son visibles, y muchos parecen si
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・ |spoilers af|
description

This is going to be a really short review because I’m not feeling like talking about what happened here.

I could have never guessed I’d rate something by Cassie so low. On top of that it’s TID. Like, my favorite trilogy in the entire world. What a sad Sunday.

description

For someone who loves BW art, I didn’t enjoy the lack of color in this manga.
Now, I’m not that versed in manga, I’m going to be clear here but I just didn’t like it. I felt like it was a parody of Clockwork Angel rather than a based on illust
Pang
Love, love, love this! xD All TID Fans should NOT miss it! and also anyone who have never read this awesome series. I can tell that the drawing is gorgeous! It might not be the best, but it’s not disappointed me ( at least I’m satisfied how My Will portray here :P )

description

I really want you guys to see the pictures, so I will give you a little some. lol! I try to take the photos from the book with my phone ( those my damn favorite scenes xD ) but it’s not that great. Whatever, lucky me I find some of m
Ankita
Oct 17, 2012 Ankita marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
Updated:24th Nov,2012
Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs
----------------------------------------
description

What more can I ask for!!!!!!
Ishmeen
May 16, 2017 Ishmeen rated it really liked it
I'm shipping Jessa. so. damn. hard. Waaaaay more than when I first read the series???!!! Jem Carstairs is literally perfection 😭
Ela
Dec 22, 2011 Ela marked it as to-read
OOH.

I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!!!
Jacqueline
Aug 02, 2015 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Forgot to update this yesterday!!
Read Day 1 & 2 of RYBSAT
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
Ah yes, what a delightful trip down memory lane that was!

Of course, the manga's got nothing on the way the book itself made me feel all those years ago (I'm making it sound like it's been decades aha), but it was the perfect companion to rekindle my love for these precious characters. (*fangirl in me squealing MY BABIESSSSS in the distance*)

This actually happens to be my first ever manga and while I can't deny that the monochrome layout put me off a bit at first (especially when they teased us
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 31, 2013 April (Aprilius Maximus) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
AWWW I JUST LOVED DIVING BACK INTO THIS WORLD WITH SOME OF MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS <3
may
Apr 30, 2012 may rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
*** Warning: this review contains scans ***

Truth, I love manga but hate books adaptation into graphic novels. You have the feeling the author is mocking you by creating new extras which are completely useless, except with Clockwork Angel.
The Infernal Devices is a fantasy streampunk series which took place in London. Every of these elements are accurate and fit very well with the manga style. Those who read Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler in english) know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise there's nothi
Cathy  Keaton
Dec 19, 2011 Cathy Keaton rated it it was amazing
Two of my favorite things together, TID AND manga?! I don't even know what to do with myself.....
Marce♡
Jan 23, 2015 Marce♡ rated it it was amazing
TID y mangas... no son una buena combinación...

La verdad de los manga que he leído, no han sido muchos, y obviando el hecho de que este libro fue llevado a manga, los dibujos son casi siempre los mismos, se parecen pero no se si puedo explicar que me encantan. Me gusta cuando se "sonrojan", me gusta que en cada cuadrito, si hay un "sonido" lo describan, así como: "tock, tock" "clap, clap" "ha ha ha"; me gusta como las ilustraciones hacen que la imaginación sea mucho más fácil y a la vez es más i
Noha Badawi
This was so GOOD.
I was instantly sucked back into the Shadowhunters' world and the Infernal Devices feels hit me so hard again. Loved that. I enjoyed rereading it as graphic novel.
Araseli
Jul 06, 2015 Araseli rated it really liked it
Makes me want to re-read Clockwork Angel all over again. Pretty good adaptation of a novel to a graphic novel. For sure a must read if you like that series. On to the next one. :)
Gabby
Sep 06, 2012 Gabby marked it as to-read
Oh, my god. They're so hot!!! I didn't think they could make Will or Jem look hotter than Magnus Bane, but they've managed it! *sobs*
Rache
All the feels.

I would have liked that it was a bit longer; some scenes were cut. Besides that, everything wonderful.
Lisa
Jan 13, 2016 Lisa rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, owned
Actual rating: 2.25 stars

description

I loved Clockwork Angel (the novel) and because one of my friends is currently reading it and I had close to no memory of what really happened, I decided to read the manga instead of re-reading the whole book (because honestly, no).

I mean, it did the job. I remeber what happened now but... well.

I'm not really into manga, on top of that: I only had the german edition, and for some reason, Clockwork Angel is really sucky in German. I don't know if I would've enjoyed this
Lauren
Jan 25, 2017 Lauren rated it it was amazing
*big sigh* Well, that was delicious!

I think having never read the novel has worked well for me here. I notice some GR users are disgruntled by the graphic novel version but since this is my first introduction to the Infernal Devices world, I have to say I bloody loved it!

The illustrations by Hyekyung Baek are absolutely stunning. I can see myself having a few of the them on my wall that's how beautiful they are. Plus, her chibi doodles are adorable!

Clockwork Angel is set in Victorian London wh
Anna
Jun 18, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Clockwork Angel and manga
Found it at my library and decided to skim through it.

Pros:
* Followed the story well.

* The art style is fairly shojo (which I don't personally prefer) but it's well done.

* The characters designs are pretty accurate and rather cute.

* There are a few scenes where the characters went "chibi" or had other humorous expressions famously used in manga. I found it both adorable and funny and it made it feel a little more "authentic" as a manga.

Cons:
* I know Henry was kind of a derpy character in the
Justine
May 15, 2016 Justine rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
At first, it really felt like the manga had been made only for those who had read the original work. The first 70 pages were very confusing at times, it made the whole thing almost obnoxious. But once I got around to understand who everyone was and what everyone did, it became more interesting! However, I'm pretty sure there's a lot I'm still unaware of because of how much was cut from the book (which is understandable since the books are massive!).

Will Herondale is as annoying as Clary & Ja
Mel
Nov 02, 2012 Mel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was just too beautiful for words.
Melissa Chung
Sep 27, 2015 Melissa Chung rated it it was amazing
I loved this manga. I like that in manga's they show the emotions dramatically. That always cracks me up. Also that they find the funny lines from books if it is based on a book and really bring that to the front.

This manga stuck with the original very well and made me angry in all the same places. Not much else to say about this one. I loved the original and I really liked this one. Can't wait to get Clockwork Prince.
Katie
Dec 20, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is by far my favorite trilogy! I love anything and everything Cassandra Clare writes. I loved getting to see The Infernal Devices in a whole new way. The story was of course great and I really liked the art. Can't wait to move on to Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess! I just love Will so much!!!
Christina (GoodGirlKills)
This was my first manga and unfortunately I did not enjoy it. I did not like the graphics and the story felt chopped to pieces. I'm not reading the other books as manga. I gave two stars because it was The Infernal Devices and it was nice to revisit the story.
Claudia Castaño
Jan 06, 2012 Claudia Castaño marked it as to-read
Shelves: manga
Find this post here: Just Books And Books
Cassie has give us The final Cover Yeah!description
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids

Infernal Device fans will enjoy this adaption of Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel. Really I should say, "Will and Jem in magna form, need I say more", and be done with my review. haha. I don't know what it is about seeing my favorite characters illustrated, but man it made me sigh over the Jem scenes and want to slap Will up side the head and tell him to just kiss Tessa already. Oh yes, wait till you read/see their kissy moments. These scenes will have you sighing
Danique
Apr 16, 2015 Danique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
March 21, 2017
I revisited this graphic novel because I actually wanted to finish the graphic novel series this time. It was wonderful to read it again after it having been a while since I read The Infernal Devices. I adore Jem Carstairs with all my heart and reading this reminded me exactly just how much I adore him. I love every single one of these characters but Jem has a special place in my heart.
(view spoiler)
Tasha
This definitely doesn't make me want to read the original story that this is based on. In fact, I had been considering reading the novel, but this has convinced me not too. Not that it was horrible, but it focused way too much on the potential relationship between the main girl and one of the two main guys. I was much more interested in the paranormal aspect that it didn't focus on. Soulless by Gail Carriger writes a series similar to this (historical paranormal) but she does it much better. It ...more
(9 3/4) Gerasimos
Aug 10, 2012 (9 3/4) Gerasimos rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A beautiful adaptation of the novel. I was not really sure if I was going to like this, because I am not really into manga but in the end I did. It brought to me the exact same feeling that I had while I was reading the book. I loved it.
Help me remember a set of books 1 1 Dec 30, 2016 10:48AM
BEP090P32015: did you ever know why that person was missing and what did you do when this event occurred? 2 5 Nov 13, 2015 02:31AM
clockwork angel 2 15 Jun 27, 2014 09:59AM
♥Calling All Fang...: Like Manga/Anime? 209 154 Nov 15, 2013 05:54PM
The Infernal Devi...: The Manga 140 589 Jun 04, 2013 09:37PM
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 2
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 01
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 07 (Dawn of the Arcana, #7)
  • Vampire Kisses: Graveyard Games, Volume 1
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 2 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3-4)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Iron King #1 (The Iron Fey Manga, #1)
  • フラワーコミックス [Black Bird, Vol. 11]
  • Sanctuary (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #1)
  • Beautiful Creatures: The Manga
  • House of Night #4 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • Demon Love Spell, Vol. 1
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare...

The Infernal Devices: Manga (3 books)
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #2)
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #3)

“It is better than going on loving someone who cannot love me back. Better wasting all that feelings"
-Tessa gray”
46 likes
“He was all silver and ashes, not like Will's strong colors of blue and black and gold.” 37 likes