Start by marking “Read with Me: Best Books for Preschoolers” as Want to Read:
Read with Me: Best Books for Preschoolers

Read with Me: Best Books for Preschoolers

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This authoritative guide—with acore focus on reading readiness and helping position children to succeed in school—offers more than 300 age-appropriate and subject-specific book selections from librarians for reading time with children. From board and picture books to hot new books, these recommendations reflect family, community, play, and the environment. Mirroring a chil ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Huron Street Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Read with Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Read with Me

Tracy Morton
This book offers a categorized list of great books that you should read to your young child. It would be valuable resource to early years teachers or parents with small children. Books are listed with a brief description of the story. Because this is book is a list it would be more valuable to purchase this book than borrow it from the library.
Ruth
Short descriptions of recently published books for 2-6yos are provided with few pictures, allowing me to select books without prejudice (of the illustrations). I'm heading to my library with a list of 34 available books. It's a nice blend of fiction and non-fiction.
Cynthia
I love lists! What's even better is that this is a book with lists of books for preschoolers. Thanks to Mara and Karen, we will not be bored. This seems like an excellent resource as we had already read quite a few of the books listed in this book and enjoyed them. We look forward to exploring the rest of the books in here! We're always looking for quality children's books.
Brittany
I was hoping this resource would be more geared towards librarians and presenting storytimes, but many of these titles are books I just would not read in a storytime. I think this would be a great starting place for parents looking for ways to incorporate more reading into their child's life.
Kristen
I really liked this book. The recommendations of different books (topics, literacy skill development, etc) was fairly thorough. The last couple of sections directed readers to a variety of resources in which books and additional information could be found.
Kimberly
Amazing resource for Children's librarians and Elementary School librarians!
Rebecca
Great list of resource books and web sites in the back.
Beth
Every parent and teacher should have this book!
Jon
Jon added it
Nov 19, 2014
Lenay
Lenay added it
Jul 25, 2014
Amanda Saye
Amanda Saye marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Taufiq
Taufiq marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
lucy by the sea
lucy by the sea marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Sadie
Sadie added it
Apr 03, 2014
Sammy
Sammy marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Kimberly Owens
Kimberly Owens marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Mahe
Mahe is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013