Pinch and Dash Make Soup

Pinch and Dash Make Soup

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Pinch and Dash are good friends. When Pinch gets hungry, but is too lazy to make something to eat, or to travel all the way down the street to the Chat and Chew, he goes next door to see what Dash has to offer. Dash is a great cook, but he never uses enough pepper or hot sauce in his soup. Pinch decides to take matters into his own hands and spice things up. But will the s...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Charlesbridge

Ann Marie
Early chapter book...first grade into second...Pinch and Dash a good friends and very silly...they each have some items for soup and decide to throw them together...I personally enjoyed the fact that they lived on each end of an attached home...this was never mentioned yet poor Pinch has to walk 'all the way home' each time to grab an additional item...a very sweet read.
Kristen
"Pinch and Dash Make Soup" is a cute picture book about friends who learn to work together to achieve their common goal despite their differences of opinion. This book is well-written and nicely illustrated. It includes a recipe for Pinch and Dash's soup that young readers can make with the help of an adult.

Full disclosure: I received a signed ARC as a first-reads giveaway.
Dawn
Cute book. I am trying to figure out what level of reader it would be best for. I would think the words are too tricky for beginning readers. However, the story is a little too simple for more experienced readers. I would imagine that if you were doings. stone soup unit or project this might be a fun additional read.
Marguarite Markley
May 09, 2012 Marguarite Markley rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grade 1 up
Pinch is hungry. Dash is cooking. Together they decide to make a soup. But, Pinch wants pepper and hot sauce. Dash doesn't. How will these friends resolve their problem? A cute story that young readers can identify with. It shows cooperation, caring, and compromise.
Marcie
Nov 24, 2012 Marcie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Marcie by: Deborah Stevenson U of Illinois
Move over Frog and Toad, George and Martha, and all the other great pairs. I must be on a soup kick today because this would be great to use for a reading group followed by a hot cup of spinich and potato soup.
Ingrid
Pinch and Dash are an odd couple, but good friends. They run into trouble making soup together. I like this early chapter book.
Lindsay Heaton
A good book for early readers just past the stage of Dr. Seuss's beginner books. My boys liked it.
Shelli
Different take on the classic tale of Stone Soup. Great book for early readers.
Lori
Nicely illustrated. New spin on Stone Soup with a twist at the end.
Jess
Fine. Didn't draw me in, but I'm good with it this tale of a spat over soup.
katsok
Two friends make soup together.
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Apr 08, 2014
Spatel
Spatel marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Maika
Maika added it
Mar 31, 2014
Julie
Julie added it
Feb 13, 2014
Susan B
Susan B marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Denise
Denise added it
Oct 12, 2013
I have enjoyed a life-long love of science, machines, and science fiction. These passions inform my fiction and non-fiction writing with a unique spirit. I am currently branching out with easy readers, the fulfillment of a long held dream begun with the discovery of the Frog & Toad books. My third passion is energy issues and with the help of my wife, Jessie Haas, we built a solar powered cabi...more
More about Michael J. Daley...
Space Station Rat Pinch and Dash and the Terrible Couch Rat Trap Shanghaied to the Moon Nuclear Power: Promise or Peril?