Start by marking “Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts” as Want to Read:
Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts

Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  497 ratings  ·  96 reviews
Does every relationship deserve a second chance?

When chief romantic Rose Delaney scores her dream job atLondon's quirkiest new attraction, The Museum of Broken Hearts, she thinksshe's got it made. Sure, it's a little depressing dealing with relics of failedrelationships each day, but Rose is determined not to let it break her 'loveconquers all' spirit. After discovering th
Published December 22nd 2011 by Notting Hill Press (first published December 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts

Nenette
My first book of the year: a short chick lit that's so light.. I like that for a start.

For anyone who doesn't mind short, simple and yes, shallow, this is for you. If you're in between serious reads and want a respite somehow, pick this up; won't take a couple of hours to finish.
Melissa ( Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf)
This quick and fun chick lit romp packed a lot into its short length. I didn't realize going in that this was a novella rather than a full length novel...but it was a great introduction to Talli Roland and her writing style. The story flowed perfectly and I never felt that she was cutting corners to accommodate the length of the story.

I loved the character of Rose and how she somehow managed to be so hopeful and optimistic despite the fact that I many times wanted to just grab her by the lapels
Susan Francis
This is unashamed 'Chick Lit', so perhaps it would be naive, if not foolish, not to expect a girl meets boy, girl and boy get close, girl falls out with boy, girl makes up with boy and they live happily ever after type of scenario. But hey, it's Christmas and a lighthearted read can be just the thing to curl up on the sofa with. Done well it can be great escapism.

The problem occurs when it is done badly. And this book is one of those. The main problem being Rose who is not exactly flying the fla
Maureen Vincent-Northam
The story centres on Rose, who gets a dream job in a new museum – The Museum of Broken Hearts – a place that will exhibit poignant items that once belonged to people who, yes, have been left with a broken heart.

Rose falls for the good-looking curator, who has a broken heart of his own. But his ‘other woman’ is his mother and Rose sets out to fix their relationship and get the museum open before Christmas.

An interesting concept, but it all ended a bit abruptly and before any kind of romantic rapp
Amanda
MIRACLE AT THE MUSEUM OF BROKEN HEARTS BY TALLI ROLAND

TUESDAY IS FREE BOOK DAY ON MY BLOG
each Tuesday i going to do a review for a book i got free from amazon as they have some great free books .
THE BLURB
All Rose needs is a Christmas miracle... or does she?

Debbie
Sometimes a short story is nice to read, this is one of those. Rose is a true romantic looking for Mr Right whilst in an on off relationship with Gareth, who comes & goes as he pleases not always bothering to tell Rose how long he'll be gone or contacting her that much when he's away. She has a tedious job at the British Museum & when she sees an advert for a job at a new quirky museum she decides to go for it, not knowing how sad it will make her feel working at the Museum Of Broken Hea ...more
Susana P.
Une histoire niaise digne des pires téléfilms sur noël.
Sophie (Blogger)
Rose believes in love and happy endings, she doesn't want to think about love not existing and would argue the reasons why in hopes to talk them round. So, when she gets the opportunity to quit her boring job in the National History Museum and work in The Museum of Broken Hearts, she can't help but get excited.
The Museum of Broken Hearts was something Heath, the owner's grandmother was passionate about, she spent years trying to gather as much sentimental belongings as possible, although she ne
Vicky (Books, Biscuits, and Tea)
You'll find my full review at http://www.booksbiscuitsandtea.com/20...

I'm usually quite sceptical when it comes to reading short stories for a number of reasons. Well, two actually. The most obvious one is that by the time I get to know the characters and start enjoying the book, it's over. Not to mention the fact that there are many authors whose books I absolutely adore but they just don't succeed when it comes to writing short stories. However, Talli Roland's Christmas novella, Miracle at the
Shaz Goodwin
We meet Rose Delaney as she’s discussing her suitability for the ad she’s seen for the museum job with best friend Mel. Straight away the reader is introduced to how Rose views romance …

At her interview with owner Heath Rowan, she finds out that the museum is his grandmother’s dream. She collected items that had emotional significance, hoping that it would show others they aren’t alone in their pain. In the basement of the building she sees Heath handle a locket she intuits is of personal signif
Rachel

Does every relationship deserve a second chance?

When chief romantic Rose Delaney scores her dream job at London's quirkiest new attraction, The Museum of Broken Hearts, she thinks she's got it made. Sure, it's a little depressing dealing with relics of failed relationships each day, but Rose is determined not to let it break her 'love conquers all' spirit. After discovering the museum's handsome curator is nursing a broken heart of his own, Rose steps in to fix it. Can Rose heal the rift, or wil
Beverly Diehl
3.5 stars. Rose goes from a boring job cataloging endless artifacts in the cold basement of an archaeological museum, to... cataloging artifacts in the cold basement of a house about to be turned into a museum.

As an American reader, I am sometimes charmed and sometimes bewildered by the Britishisms. Is a "Y-front" the same as a thong? And why would a couple have matching ones?

Love the concept of the place being a museum of broken hearts, and the description and backstory of some of the artifacts
Gina
Goodreads Description- All Rose needs is a miracle... or does she?

When chief romantic Rose Delaney scores her dream job at London’s quirkiest new attraction, The Museum of Broken Hearts, she thinks she’s got it made. Sure, it’s a little depressing dealing with relics of failed relationships each day, but Rose is determined not to let it break her ‘love conquers all’ spirit. After discovering the museum’s handsome curator is nursing a broken heart of his own, Rose steps in to fix it. But does eve
Laurie Clayton
If you're looking to read something short and sweet with feel good factor and a subtle dose of karma, then look no further than this offering by Talli Roland.

At around 20,000 words, Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts is a short Novella, which, I imagine to be the right combination of length and depth to the plot and characters, to make it a light reading experience.

It is an easy read, perfect if you are commuting a short distance, having a coffee break or waiting for an appointment at the GP
Wee Shubba (Totally Bookalicious)
I am going to keep this review short as sweet just like book. Miracle is such a sweet and lovely short story. I am usually not one for short stories because they are usually a hit or miss. However, Miracle was one of the first that really made me love a short story. I love the characters, the simple plot and setting. The Idea of a Museum of Broken Hearts is well... its fantastic! I would so go to something like that. And our main character Rose, she is so wonderful. A romantic to the core and yo ...more
Shanyn Hosier
This was a cute, very short story. It's well written but aside from the Museum's premise-the main characters curate a collection of mementos from failed or otherwise defunct relationships-there's nothing terribly inventive. The heroine, Rose, is a good-hearted bumbler with an unfortunate delusional-doormat streak, so of course you're rooting for her to get the job and the guy in the end, because she deserves so much better than what she's put up with so far. The hero, Heath, is just mysterious a ...more
Jessica
We meet Rose a hopeless romantic stuck in a non-relationship with Garth, who went to teach somewhere without telling her, sends post cards sometimes. She knows it’s not going anywhere but hopes it will work out. Rose starts a new job at the museum of broken hearts where she meets Heath her new boss. Heath is friendly to her nothing more. What happens at the museum of broken hearts you will have to read it to find out but a little love maybe in the air or more heart break?

I love this Short story,
Pat Elliott
This was one of those sweet, quick reads. The story was a girl meets boy, works in his museum,and they fall in love. The heroine could be quite dippy for someone who was meant to be intelligent, but the story's likeable.
Vicki Lesage
I'm not sure what I liked more - the romantic aspect or the satisfaction of getting the museum organized! It's a cute love story with an interesting backdrop and I especially recommend reading it during the holidays because it's a great story to cozy up next to the fireplace with!
Nilofer Neubert
Read this book because it was free (on Kindle) and wanted to try a new female author. But it's too chick lit for me. Typical girl meets boy thing. I think the last time I read such a book was when I was a teenager. Don't get me wrong, I still read some of those books but this one didn't have layers.
Lara
A quick, fun read. It's actually a novella, so short and sweet! This a great book for a short flight or road trip. I liked her writing style, it's purely chick-lit set in England.
Maureen Reil
This was a likable, short tale about a woman named Rose who goes to work at an unusual museum which features sentimental items and letters from their owners about whatever heartbreak they've suffered. I loved the concept and I would have probably visited such a place, being the old soppy sod that I am. Can Rose mend the relationship of her handsome boss and his estranged mother? Can Rose mend the relationship she has with her own long-lost boyfriend? Get this novella to find out and as a bonus a ...more
Madhuri
A cute quick read that pulled at the heart strings quite literally.

I went in expecting a longer book and was slightly disappointed at how quickly everything happened as I like to take my time and slowly sink into a good book like a bubble bath.

But in retrospect, it did what it intended to do.

It showed us that happy endings are always possible but that you can't script them, they just happen on their own.

Oh and how could I forget, what an ingenious idea for a museum.

Nothing like an exhibit of bro
Beth Kemp
This is a sweet story that I enjoyed reading over the New Year period. I am not a connoisseur of romantic fiction but greatly appreciated getting to know these characters and their world. The Museum of Broken Hearts was an intriguing idea and Rose, the main character, is easy to picture and to sympathise with and the whole is produced with a light touch and good humour.

The story is well-paced and structured and makes for ideal winter reading. Relationships are believable and intriguing, and I wi
Angie
Sweet short story - wish it had been longer
Jazzie
This was a cute little story I read while I waited at the bus stop, or at a restaurant (dinner for one!)--it was over quickly and is a fun little feel-good fic. The ending was semi-predictable, since you expected it to have a happy ending and it was good to see the delusional main character to get her head out of her arse to realise that not everything is cookie cutter. Though her transformation from super positive person to a normal jaded person wasn't described in much detail.

I still recommen
pdarnold
A very quick read. Approximately 77 pages. The story built nicely and was given enough depth until the end. The end just kinda shut down... this and that happened and was said and that's it...done. What? It was cut too short, very abrupt. A bit more of a slow down and nicely tapering off the end would have made this story better. Beyond that, a cute story with a unique concept for a museum and the interweaving lives of the characters. Nothing vulgar, nor too sugary sweet, a simple nice tale.
Emma
This book reminded me of a past book that i have read some aspects were similar however they were completely different books. I wish that this book was longer so that we could see what happened after the happy ending like if they got married or not, if the museum took off. Hopefully the author might write a follow up book in the future.

Jean Oram
This is a sweet short book. The main character is a romantic at heart and she finds a job setting up a new museum called the Museum of Broken Hearts. Naturally, being that romantic that she is, she tries to mend fences with the museum owner and his mother. And along the way she might learn a little bit about herself, her relationship with her absent boyfriend, and maybe develop a little bit of a crush on the hunky museum owner.

I fast chick lit read that it is free and a lot of fun.
  • The Boyfriend Bylaws
  • Love Unlisted
  • The Last Page
  • Smart Mouth Waitress (Life in Saltwater City, #2)
  • The Christmas Bake-Off
  • Christmas Without Holly
  • Winter Warmers
  • A Winter Flame
  • A Proper Charlie
  • Kiss Me, Dancer (Dance ‘n’ Luv, #1)
  • A Wizard for Christmas
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Christmas in Venice: A Short Story
Talli Roland writes fun, romantic fiction. Born and raised in Canada, Talli now lives in London, where she savours the great cultural life (coffee and wine).

Despite training as a journalist, Talli soon found she preferred making up her own stories--complete with happy endings. Talli's debut novel The Hating Game was short-listed for Best Romantic Read at the UK's Festival of Romance, while her sec
More about Talli Roland...
Build A Man (Serenity Holland, #1) Pollyanna Plan, The The Hating Game Construct A Couple (Serenity Holland, #2) Mistletoe in Manhattan

“And finally, I understood that real life - with all its ups and downs, complications, broken hearts, and triumphs - was a million times ore satisfying than any fairy tale ever could be.” 2 likes