Start by marking “Go Fruit Yourself!” as Want to Read:
Go Fruit Yourself!

Go Fruit Yourself!

Welcome! This ebook has been in development for YEARS!

I have put a lot of time into making it as informative and helpful as possible. It contains a months worth of my blog entries from November 2006 when I started my raw food journey PLUS much much more. Boy I had some stuff ups!
I will show you where I went wrong and how you can avoid the mistakes I made.

The book is set ou
Published November 28th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Go Fruit Yourself!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go Fruit Yourself!

Elyse
Jul 12, 2012 Elyse rated it did not like it
I'm sorry to say that I really hate this book. Everything from the format to the information is dreadful. This diet is not healthy at all, and I think the author is very misinformed when it comes to nutrition. Do yourself and your body a favor and eat a nice, balanced vegan diet instead.
Amber Tucker
I have been flirting with raw veganism for about two months now, and this ebook is as helpful with that endeavour as Freelee promises it to be. From chronicling her initial mistakes in becoming fruitarian to tips on preventing cravings and the importance of sport, sun and sleep - I learned quite a bit about the practical end of adopting a healthier diet and lifestyle. If you're looking for the biological validity of such a lifestyle, go elsewhere, because Freelee doesn't really focus on the bare ...more
Ruby
Jan 13, 2015 Ruby rated it did not like it
Following her advice made me sick. Plain and simple. Do not read this book the information it contains very dangerous if you have pre existing conditions that the author simply has no expertise about - in my case insulin resistance which was worsened when I applied freelee's advice I was constantly nauseous. The author has no credentials only states what works for herself. I felt I was reading some high school student's journal a lot of filler was used in this book by publishing her internet pos ...more
Marina
Sep 27, 2014 Marina rated it it was ok
ok, where to start?
I don't know what to think of books concerning health that were written by people who write about their beliefs about health&nutrition coming ONLY FROM EXPERIENCE.
I REALLY think this should be forbidden.
People who have no academic degree shouldn't be able to give other people any health advises.
I know that nowadays 'recent studies' can't be trusted (this is very sad, actually), but not making ANY reference to ANY book (except for Graham's book 80/10/10), ANY study or ANY C
Saloni Sharma
Oct 31, 2014 Saloni Sharma rated it it was amazing
It's a great book. I really like the way Freelee has described every single challenge she faced during the process which enabled me to relate to her and understand the issues one faces during the initial phase. I feel much motivated and inspired. I would definitely recommend this book to the people I love. :-)
Nicole
Nov 01, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Not your average health book! Entertaining yet informative. I am also reading 80/10/10 which has so much information but found this as a more simpler approach to explaining the high carb, low fat, raw vegan lifestyle. Excited to try!!
Ahlam
Mar 27, 2015 Ahlam rated it it was amazing
exellent
Lalune
Jan 14, 2014 Lalune rated it liked it
Not sure what I think
Marcella
Mar 15, 2014 Marcella rated it really liked it
Very insightful in terms of personal experience and vey helpful if you want to join the lifestyle!
Stephanie Vogel
Jul 25, 2014 Stephanie Vogel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Love Freelee the banana girl! Don't be taken back by this life style if you are new to the high carb vegan lifestyle. It may seem strange at first but it's the best way to live.
Xanthi
Jul 18, 2014 Xanthi rated it liked it
I am currently considering following this program in an effort to shed some kilos and improve my digestion and over all health. As I am already a vegan, I think my transition to this should be a bit easier than someone who is a corpse muncher, but I think it will still be a challenge.
But back to the book...I read this book AFTER reading the "80/10/10 Diet" by Dr Douglas Graham. There are a lot of similarities to the two, though this author provides an alternative to the fully raw, low fat, high
Alexandra Chauran
Jun 01, 2015 Alexandra Chauran rated it really liked it
I'd classify this as a memoir, not a diet book, contrary to popular Internet beliefs. The author is, unabashedly, a fruitcake. But, refreshingly, she never claims to be otherwise. This is essentially a blog turned book in which she annotates her past experiences and beliefs as a fitness nerd with no claimed qualifications. I found it fascinating how she vacillated and felt confused along her way navigating the culture in Australia of rich white people with phoney Eastern spirituality and a milit ...more
Brigitte
Freelee has an excellent message.

This is not a book to read for the quality of the writing or for nutritional research. It is poorly written, provides no citations of research or science, and contains some explanations and recommendations that should certainly be taken with a grain of salt. You will find no technical descriptions of the complex interactions of our bodies and the macro- or micro-nutrients they require.

That being said, I still believe very much in Freelee's message and in the raw
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The book is not the best written one, but the content is what truly matters here, especially when it comes to this kind of topic. There are some great recommendations that I have started implementing right away. I actually like the fact that she goes in details of her journey towards HCRV lifestyle and pinpoints her own mistakes along the way, as well as providing tried-out solutions to them. However, I believe that her second book is going to be much better and way more practical, hence, it's n ...more
Heleen
Shelves: non-fiction
Well, it worked for me.
Hana
Aug 04, 2015 Hana rated it it was ok
Well a pretty educational book. has a great amount of new information, definitely read if you are into health or vegan life styles or books, and pretty simple too.
Rheanna
Rheanna rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2013
Matt Neputin
Matt Neputin rated it did not like it
Feb 18, 2017
Christine Paillard
Christine Paillard rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Mimi
Mimi rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Soojin
Soojin rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2017
Noemi
Noemi rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2013
Ella Caulfield
Ella Caulfield rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Aleeshia A
Aleeshia A rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Kiersten
Kiersten rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Hailey
Hailey rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2014
J Craig McKay
J Craig McKay rated it it was ok
May 13, 2016
Paulla Magdalena
Paulla Magdalena rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Practically RAW: Flexible Raw Recipes Anyone Can Make
  • The 80/10/10 Diet: Balancing Your Health, Your Weight, and Your Life, One Luscious Bite at a Time
  • Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden Companion
  • Becoming Raw: The Essential Guide to Raw Vegan Diets
  • The Raven and Other Writings
  • The Most Wonderful Bride of the Year (Mail-Order Matches)
  • Captives