Start by marking “Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1)

Read Excerpt

Existence (Existence Trilogy #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  50,216 Ratings  ·  3,145 Reviews

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she cou
Published December 13th 2011 by WIld Child Publishing (first published March 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Existence, please sign up.

Sarah While not being as steamy as her Sea Breeze series this one is definitely a good romance and awesome fantasy series. Felt more teen than new adult to…moreWhile not being as steamy as her Sea Breeze series this one is definitely a good romance and awesome fantasy series. Felt more teen than new adult to me but the story is great and moves swiftly. (less)
Luisa it has some resemblances, it gave me the same feeling as when i was reading hush hush, but is really good and easy to read
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenDivergent by Veronica Roth
Best Book Boyfriends
55th out of 7,296 books — 24,246 voters
Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutExistence by Abbi GlinesShadows by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOpal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
That Girl & Hot Guy from the Obsidian Cover
3rd out of 93 books — 1,005 voters

More lists with this book...

Anzu The Great Destroyer
My thoughts before reading the book

Oh god, why am I going to read this???

*looks at the cover model's eyes*

Yes master... I shall read the book...

My thoughts while reading the book

Pagan? What kind of name is Pagan?

Of course he’s gorgeous, just look at that damn cover!!

Ugh please don’t let it be a love triangle!!

Give me more of the dead dude.

Fair hair for the good guy dark hair for the evil one? Typical. Is this
Ava Oceana
Oct 26, 2012 Ava Oceana rated it did not like it
I'm done, I'm done, I'm done. I refuse to continue this torture. I refuse.

EXISTENCE is over three-hundred pages of lust romance that came out of nowhere, countless sentences describing how Pagan's heart has been "broken beyond repair", a douchebag love interest, and so many grammatical and constructional mistakes I wondered how this even got published.

Dear characters in EXISTENCE,
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 ”It is appointed.” Stars

description

Being an Abbi Glines fan, I realized that I have read all her books but this series. Who isn’t interested in seeing what Abbi can do with a paranormal storyline? Going in, I thought I was getting another gorgeous teen girl in cut off shorts and tiny tops with a bunch of issues falling for some sort of para entity, but Abbi Glines surprised me!

Pagan Moore is a great heroine, nothing like the heroines in her other books and the storyline while based in her senior year
V
Aug 18, 2013 V rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed, fiction
Existence is a book I've been particularly wary of for a while now. First of all, I was really put off by the blurb. 'What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.'

Now, to me that sounds really stalker-ish and not my kind of book. In my head, it was going to star some dithery heroine who falls in love with this creeper and offer women a horrendous view of what their ideal man should be like.

However, you can take another reading of that blurb – if you read it in
Michelle
This has GOT to be one of the most GORGEOUS covers I have ever seen. Period. <3<3<3 Hence, this book must be read! xD
Sofii♡
Apr 16, 2016 Sofii♡ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I'm so happy to have given it an opportunity to this book because I've loved much more than I imagined it would

“You are not a body. You have a body. You are a soul.”

First I want to highlight the incredibly addictive writing that the author has, all those people who have recommended me to go through one Abbi's book were right :), and although it is a short book I think it does not need more, is a quick read that keeps you immersed in the story at all times :)

description

The story is very entertaining in
Marina
“It’s pretty impossible to hurt what Death
protects.”

Meet Dank "Death" Walker.

So what do you do when Death is stalking you?
(If only Death would look like that..)
*snaps back to reality*

This a supernatural story of romance between a girl that has spent her whole life seeing spirits, and the Death God that saves her from an accident that should have been fatal. How does a 17-year-old girl safeguard her sanity when everything screams for her to let go of reality? How does a man keep his dist
Kelly Martin
Feb 21, 2015 Kelly Martin rated it really liked it
First, for lack of a better phrase, Dank is hotness incarnate. This is quite possibly the hottest, sexiest, steamiest YA book boyfriend I've ever read.

Second, Dank? I literally smacked myself in the forehead with my Kindle when I realized oh, that's not a typo, THAT'S HIS NAME. To each his own, I guess.

You know how they say don't judge a book by it's cover? With this one, go ahead, it's ok. It's what originally drew me to the book, so kudos to whoever's responsible for that little gift of gorgeo
Shauna
Dec 22, 2011 Shauna rated it it was ok
Girl meets stalker.
*Insert a couple of angry exchanges here*
Stalker stops coming round like he used to.
Girl misses stalker.

This is the part where something big and *cough* unexpected *cough* happens.. oh say, a near-death experience where stalker steps in and saves the day.

Stalker takes this time to insinuate himself into girl's Pagan's life; his name we now learn is Dank. Yes, that's right, Dank.
Sexy.

Stalker Dank is a popular fellow. He seemingly enjoys the attention of the queen bitch of Pag
Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

This was a really good paranormal romance, and I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did. I thought Dank and Pagan were really hot together, and I was surprised by the mini cliff-hanger ending we got.

8 out of 10
Kandise
I’m completely dumbfounded that this book has so far rated at an average of 4.01 stars…

Pagan is a selfish and mentally unstable bitch. I wanted to slap her, slap the holy living shit right out of her face.

So she sees souls and it has been like that since she was a wee babe, but they don’t usually speak to her except for the gorgeous guy with awesome blue eyes and black dreamy hair. Yeah, he talks to her and he sings for her and she is already feeling this kid, like yeah but she knows that even
Kim
May 15, 2012 Kim rated it it was ok
Well I can't say nobody warned me.

For some reason, the relationship building thing was skipped completely, twice even.

Leif: I'm hot, I've never payed attention to you, but I think you are hot as well. I am confessing all my secrets and my undying love for you, out of the blue, and I never told you because I'm the most popular kid in school and I'm afraid to be shot down by you, but screw that now and let me dazzle the pants off of you. Let's hook up.

Pagan: Errr... OK. Swoooooon. -tries to igno
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Review Revision 04/12 to add alternate PoV (Dank). GR is not showing a listing for the alternate, so I'm adding it to this review because the story ties to book 1

Even though the alternate PoV covered several scenes from Existence, it was not a full length book. Think of this as a highlight reel.

It's too bad the entire (original) book wasn't written in Dank's PoV because he was more interesting to read. I can't say that I'm surprised. These days I'm finding myself drawn to male protags because th
Ferdy
1.5 stars - Spoilers beware
Another YA book with the same old formula.. why do I keep punishing myself reading books like these..because I keep hoping that I'll find characters that I'll fall in love with even if the story maybe similar to every other paranormal YA book.
Anyway we have our protagonist Pagan who can see souls/ghosts.. but can't communicate with them. One day she sees a soul/ghost who talks to her.. needless to say she's shocked.. and also fascinated by his oh so beautiful beauty..
Tarra
Negative stars. Will a fart suffice?

I'm calling it: BULLSHIT.

4.01 stars???

Pfft.

This book was awful. Completely awful.

The writing sounded like a tween took a part of a dream that lasted three minutes and tried to spin it into a book. Then some really awful publisher, the kind that secretly hates literacy, published it in its unedited, repetitious glory.

Also the book mostly only uses two sassytime adjectives: growl and shiver. As in, "He growled" and "I shivered". No, lie. I wouldn't lie to you
Shelly Crane
Dec 25, 2011 Shelly Crane rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh! Abbi!!! What are you doing to me with that ending! Gah.
Ok, I officially want a Dank! ;) And a Leif.
I worried about this book. I'm not into love triangles, but aye! I love them both. Abbi made this story work, which is really hard to do with a love triangle for me. If I could smack them together and make a Dank and Leif sandwich, I'd have one. Equal parts yummy and sweet, but in completely different ways.
And Pagan wasn't annoying!! I was so happy to realize that. Usually, MC females annoy
Amy (Foxy)
What a cliffhanger!!! I'm so glad I have the next book already or I would be going nuts. (view spoiler)

Pagan:

SERIES:
Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2) by Abbi Glines Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy, #3) by Abbi Glines
Cliffhangers. Series complete.

1st book of 2013
Simcsa
*sigh* It should have been a fun read!! What I got instead is a silly cliché story that leaves you hanging with an abrupt cliffhanger. It took a lot of effort to read it and I skimmed the whole second half of the book stopping only when I saw Dank's name. And I warn you that it contains yet another stupid love triangle. Our heroine (see that sarcasm?) toys with feelings of one boy while she is totally pinning for another one (may I add that the boy is mysterious and impossibly gorgeous with a di ...more
Jenn
5 Wow Me Stars

Warning: All I can say is, have book 2 ready.

what I loved:
1. NO regular HS b.s. drama.
2. NO major drama with the "mean"girl.
3. Wyatt - what's not to love ?
4. Pagan's posse of friends.
5. Dank!!!
6. Pagan
7. Sometimes I was in love with Leif too
8. The unexpected Gee
9. No major teenage HS drama/angst with Pagan.
10. Dank singing Pagan lullabies.
11. The deep connection between Dank and Pagan.
12. Loopholes

Why did it take me so long to get to this book? Seriously kicking myself over he
Meli
Feb 14, 2014 Meli rated it liked it
Reseña en el blog, donde me desquito completamente con este libro :P

En un rapto de generosidad vamos a ponerle tres, pero tira para las dos.
Es entretenido y por partes me gustó. Pero es muy básico y clicheoso (?), Pagan es insufrible y egoísta, Dank se recibió en la escuela de arte dramático de Edward Cullen y como galán no me compró, me quedo con Leif, a pesar de que es obvio que lo van a convertir en villano para que Pagan no quede como la inmunda que es por usarlo el libro entero.

Algunos giro
Sasha Alsberg
Apr 19, 2014 Sasha Alsberg rated it really liked it

I really like existence by abbi glines. I usually dont read books less the 300 pages because to me you can't get a good story and a plot down in anything less but existence pleasantly surprised me. I am a fan of abbi's writing and this is my favorite of them all! She has a way of getting to the point of the subject in a few paragraphs and has good sized chapters. The characters are lovable and easy to like. The hole "death" finds love pulls you in and keeps you reading. It's a quick, easy and f
Shambhawi P.
Julie
Dec 20, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it
Yes, this cover does Death justice. Every time his eyes are mentioned, remember the cover and swoon. This book has the feel of an Abbi Glines romance with a shift to the paranormal.

Overall: I enjoyed this book very much. I read it within two night sittings and couldn’t wait to keep reading. Book one, to me, feels like more of a YA love story with paranormal elements, because the plot doesn’t revolve around paranormal activity like other paranormal romance books I’ve read. Glines can write some
Maria
Dec 24, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, favorites
This is the most weird,most annoying,most interesting book of this genre i have read for the 2011..

First Kudos for the lovely and weird cover look at how cold and like ice the guy eyes are..

I have to warn you that you will get several feelings while reading this book. You will get interest, you will get annoyed,you will scratch your head with the fact you have not a single clue whats going on,you will feel you will want to smash your head at your laptop with the things you will read,you will go
Jalyn
Brief summary
Pagan sees souls that wander the earth. She ignores them until she meets a boy named Dank, who is the first soul to ever speak to her. She knows something is different about him, but she can't figure out what it is. Things get even more confusing for Pagan when Dank is suddenly a student at her school that everyone can see.

What I liked
This is a unique story. I read a lot of young adult paranormal books and this is one type that I don't come across very often. I thought I knew what w
♥ ᔕαmi
OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME? I ran with this book trying to be forgiving, I kept telling myself not to be so spiteful and hateful toward it as I believed this was self published. I mean… if grammar was a living, breathing person, I’m pretty sure he would go and jump off a cliff after reading this.

But really??? Someone read this and decided to publish it? I’m pretty sure the family cat could have done a better job at editing. For example… is it really necessary to say three times in a pa
Lissa
I hated this book. Hated hated hated it. It's dull, stupid, sexist, and as appealing and enjoyable as a bad case of PMS. I only chose to read this book because of the gorgeous guy on the cover. Sigh. I'm a fool for a pretty face, and a pretty cover. And once again, my love for superficial beauty bites me in the ass.

At least I didn't spend any money on this crap. And since I skimmed it (and its sequel), I didn't waste too much of this time.

I can't think of anything positive to say about this nov
Martina Gjomemo
Jul 03, 2016 Martina Gjomemo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy hell! I didn't expect to like this book so much!
Review to come!
Erin
Jan 31, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any 'Team Edwards' that don't roll their eyes at love stories that aren't "healthy relationships"
Let me start off by saying, if you are one of the "Team Gale" or "Team Jacob" types, brace yourself! You will want to yell at Glines, slap Pagan, and throw the ebook against the wall. But that's what I love about these stories! The majority of them have the leading lady choose the super-sexy, distant, often moody or downright rude bad guys, which is a nice slip from reality. It's that fantasy day-dream, where a heart-wrenching, all-consuming love makes our insides melt and our hearts skip a few ...more
Calia
Dec 15, 2011 Calia rated it it was amazing
You know those books... The ones that you anxiously wait for.

Come on, you know what I’m talking about..

The premise is great. The cover is amazing! We’ve all seen them. Most of them have girls with dresses that look like they were stolen from “Gone with the Wind” movie set, and have no actual meaning to the book. You then read the book, and sadly your let down.

But Existence...

This book, like the cover, is just... delicious.

I was kinda worried at first. I fell in love with Abbi Glines writing
  • Accordance (Significance, #2)
  • Blood Past (Warriors of Ankh, #2)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Intuition (The Premonition, #2)
  • Saving Grace (Mad World, #2)
  • Fallen Eden (Eden Trilogy, #2)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Touching Smoke (Touch, #1)
  • Young Love Murder (Young Assassins, #1)
  • The Ballad of Aramei (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #3)
  • For the Love of a Vampire (Blood Like Poison, #1)
  • Eternal Starling (Emblem of Eternity, #1)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be Britis ...more
More about Abbi Glines...

Existence Trilogy (3 books)
  • Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2)
  • Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy, #3)

“You proved to be worthy of my devotion. Of
Death’s...love”
307 likes
“I get to keep you,” he said, staring at me with an
intensity that made me shiver.
“Keep me?” I asked, reaching up to kiss his chin and trail
kisses down his perfect neck.
“Not here. I can’t take much more, Pagan. I’m only so
strong,” he said in a husky voice as he pulled me against his
chest. “You’re mine now. While you walk the Earth you
belong to me. Nothing can hurt you.” I heard a touch of
humor in his voice. “It’s pretty impossible to hurt what Death
protects.”