Start by marking “Temptation (Temptation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Temptation (Temptation, #1)

Temptation (Temptation #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  1,264 ratings  ·  337 reviews
Your heart misleads you.
That's what my friends and family say.

But I love Noah.
And he loves me.

We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms.

It should be

ROSE & NOAH

forever, easy.

But it won't be.

Because he's Amish.
And I'm not.
Published June 26th 2012 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation

Belonging by Karen Ann HopkinsTemptation by Karen Ann HopkinsDare You To by Katie McGarryPushing the Limits by Katie McGarryThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Harlequin Teen Books
2nd out of 94 books — 53 voters
Insurgent by Veronica RothOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutObsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Golden Lily by Richelle MeadHallowed by Cynthia Hand
Must-Read Books of 2012
16th out of 445 books — 457 voters

More lists with this book...

Giselle
The Amish fascinate me. Really, they do. Their rules, their beliefs, their antifeminist ways; a lot of if it actually seems kind of ridiculous, but regardless if you consider them as a cult, or counterculture religion, I can't see anyone not being intrigued by their ways. This is a novel about love: Forbidden love. A love so authentic that I found myself at the mercy of a burning restlessness at thoughts of their relationship's imminent unraveling and collapse.

The relationship that Rose and Noah
Abbie
2.25 unattainable stars
Rose is american, and lives with her dad, and two brothers; Jacob and Sam. Rose and her family move houses after their mother dies. They moved in right next door to an Amish community, where Noah lives. They have an instant connection, but an English cannot be with an Amish unless they convert...

Noah lives a happy life with his mother, father, and 8 brothers. That is, until Rose moves into the derelict house just across the field. He falls in instant lust, and knows that
Jen
I have always been curious when it comes to Amish romances. I think a part of it is that their lives seems so much followed by strict rules; and in my mind what an exciting story to have a couple fall in love when it is totally forbidden. Yes, I am a bit of a rebel. Anything that is forbidden tends to excite me! Temptation is a Young Adult book, and I could very much tell. It wasn't as in depth as I prefer my romances to be; but it was able to keep my attention through the story. I would have li ...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
That was the problem with English girls - they did what they wanted.
But then again, maybe that was one of the things that made Rose so intriguing...and dangerous to me.

3.5 stars. I was interested in this story because I'd read a few of my mom's Amish romances in the past, and I've also watched several television documentaries and shows on the Amish. There's something about the way these hardworking, family communities live that fascinates me. I couldn't imagine living in their world, where ju
Jacinda
My review of Temptation on my blog

I had Temptation only for 2 hours before I started reading it. The description, cover, and the premise were just screaming at me, “READ ME! This is the type of book you want to read right now!” My brain was telling me to just read this one and not wait, so I did.

I fell in love with the first 2/3rds of Temptation. I was so wrapped up in Rose and Noah’s story. I just wanted to read, read, read even though I was going on vacation the next day and had more important
TinaB
Imagine if Mr. Right couldn't be anymore right in the eyes of old fashioned values, but wrong in every sense of the word because of the world he lived in. When Rose and her family move to the quiet town of Meadowview, they are all still grieving from the death of her mother. The move was suppose to bring closure and give the kids a fresh start, nobody could have guessed the changes that would tear them apart.

Since the death, no one has made Rose feel more alive than Noah, the Amish boy who lives
If you think Edward is controlling and Bella is weak they look like completely self-actualized, feminist, independent, individuals compared to Noah and Rose.

Noah and Rose instantly fall in love, for no apparent reason other than that they are both hot. Their “relationship” consists of a few stolen kisses, and a couple of horse rides but he demands she becomes Amish so he can officially court and marry her ASAP or they are over. Based on the apparent 3 or 4 hours they have spent alone over a few
Krystle
I can't take any more of this barf-worthy mess.

First of all, the main girl is an annoying wench who is dumber than anything and so ignorant. Seriously? You are interacting with an AMISH family. Of course their actions and beliefs are going to be a lot different than yours. Try to be a little more open-minded will you? Maybe she tries to understand them better and grows as a character but I'm not willing to tough it out.

This romance? Ridiculous! They haven't actually gotten together yet but at f
Katie Watkins
I just re-read this and this time around, there were a few things that bothered me just a little. Yes, it is full of chemistry and attraction, but it seems like all the kissing is a little of the French variety. Noah also came across as quite possessive and not willing to give an inch.

However, I still really enjoyed it. Is it just me or is there an obsession with all things Amish lately? I can't decide if it's the thoughts of a simpler life or like looking into a secret-ish society, but I find i
Cindy
Okay I finally get me, I am a huge sucker for the intense male who is so into the girl he would do about anything for her, or to keep her. Didn't say it was healthy just I really like stories that are like that. Temptation is that kind of story and more. Rose and her family move next door to the Miller family who happen to be Amish. They have a beautiful son named Noah. Rose and Noah are instantly attracted to each other upon their first meeting. Both try to avoid there attraction to one another ...more
Samantha Haviland
Here's the thing: I am not a fan of romance novels. Romance as a secondary focus to the main plot is fine by me, but romance as the main story of a novel bores me to tears. The only reason I picked up Temptation was because Harlequin Teen sent me an ARC of its sequel and I felt as if I had to know the story before I delved into Belonging.

I regret that decision. The ONLY reason this book got two stars was because of the author's obvious talent for writing. Her talent for storytelling on the othe
Sharon
Jul 19, 2012 Sharon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc
Temptation was kindly provided to me by Harlequin Australia and is the first book in the Temptation series by Karen Ann Hopkins.

Temptation is a contemporary romance which follows the story of sixteen year-old Rose who is grieving the loss of her mother and has moved with her father and brothers to the farming community of Meadowview and eighteen year-old Noah who is an Amish boy working and living on his family farm.

I was quite fascinated by a plot surrounding the Amish community because I admit
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
You can find this (any many other) review on my blog Ja čitam, a ti?

I guess that I can’t stand those crying teen girls anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I do understand that some people are more emotional than others but for Christ’s sake everything has its limits. But well let’s talk about the story.

So as you probably know from the blurb here we have typical teen love story in not so typical environment. This whole story is such a cliche except that part about Amish society. I find them interesing a
Lauren Suero
As soon as I saw the description of this book up on NetGalley, I had to have it. Forbidden love? SIGN ME UP.

After a string of intense novels to review, I wanted something light-hearted and fun to read. 'Temptation' by Karen Ann Hopkins was just that novel. Written in dual POV's (Noah and Rose's), Hopkins entices her readers into the contemporary world of Rose and conservative up-bringing of Noah. Can fate keep these two together or will their clashing lives pull them apart?

The characters graced
Krissy P (Kris)

Forbidden Amish Lovin,

I've always been pretty intrigued by the Amish. I visit Lancaster, Pennsylvania a few times a year and their way of life has always been fascinating to me. I also love a forbidden love story, so this book was a no brainer for me. I had to read it and it did not disappoint.

Rose is a 16-year old girl who recently lost her mother, moves to the little farming town Meadowview, Ohio with her father and unruly brothers. She meets and falls in love with her Amish neighbor, 18-year
Carolina Riojas
Aug 03, 2014 Carolina Riojas rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone!
Recommended to Carolina by: goodreads!
Shelves: series
ENGLISH: I love this book, forbidden love, funny parts, a whole new culture and most of it, i love Rose and Noah's relationship. YOU HAVE TO READ IT! byebye :)

Español: AHHHH Como empezar? bueno, para empezar amé este libro, no sé porque o cómo pero simplemente lo amé. No es uno común como todos los otros de estados unidos que tiene mucho, mucho dialogo, más que nada tiene mucho pensamiento y todo ese Blas, pero aun así no te cansa y no te quita las ganas de seguir leyendo.

Esto es definitivamente
Eustacia Tan
Note: I didn't know whether to give this book one star or five stars so I decided to go with the average and settled on three.

I don't know how to feel about this book. I don't know whether to say it's really great because it elicited really strong reactions from me and made me want to continue reading, or say it's terrible because most of my reactions were negative.

Temptation deals with Rose, an 'English' girl and Noah, an Amish boy. They fall in love, and well, the road to true love is never
Danielle (is feeling overwhelmed)
Read more reviews at What Danielle Did Next

Wow! This is the reason I love Young Adult so much! The Butterflies! How much do I love the Butterflies? That feeling of unbridled joy, untainted by adult sensibilities that captures the brilliance and purity of youth and young love. This book enveloped me in that feeling and I was more than happy to curl up in it. I couldn't put it down all evening and it was only when fatigue finally overcame me that I gave in and put the Kindle down.

I find the whol
Kulsuma
Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins is a thrilling forbidden romance. Sixteen-year old Rose and her family move to Meadowview where the local community is Amish. When she locks gazes with Noah, a young man who happens to be Amish, they both feel a magnetic attraction to each other. However, it’s not that simple.

They have to keep their blossoming relationship a secret as the situation would become dire if they were ever found out. Being together should be simple, but when you’re English and your lov
Kayla
Temptation... oh yes! That's exactly what it is! I was continually "tempted" to read it... everywhere I went I tried to sneak Temptation out just to read the next page because that is how engrossed I was in this book. It's such a sweet romance and the characters (each and every one) are amazing.

Rose is a fiesty English girl who doesn't take orders from anyone... well MAYBE her Dad and that's only sometimes. She loves to dance, listen to music, and play sports... everything that the "Amish" aren'
Ria
very much UNLIKE anything you have ever read. It was for me at least! I enjoyed all of the dialogue and description that took place in this heart wrenching novel! It shows us how powerful and how vulnerable women can be at the same time.

My Fav Quote

“Success is sweeter and sweeter if long delayed and gotten through many struggles and defeats.”
~Amos Bronson Alcott (Kindle Loc 4351)

My Rating

4.0 Colt, Hope, Corn Field, Buggy, Rumor, Secret note, Late night phone call, First Love, Conversion filled S
Belinda
They way in which women are treated in this book made me dislike. Sorry if you disagree but it made me very mad.
Hayley G
Amazing! Simply amazing! I fell in love with Noah :) Full review to come summer 2012!
Audrey Henning
WOW WOW WOW.

It's books like this that make me a reader!! I was completely blown away. Every emotion these two characters felt, I felt right along with them. Normally I can't sit down and read a book start to finish, I have to get up and move around a bit and come back later...NOT WITH THIS ONE. The characters were extremely well developed, there were lots of interesting twists and turns, and the love story itself was very original and not like anything I've read before

I'm going to be honest and
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review Posted on Reading Lark 5/26/12: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

I have always been a big fan of forbidden romance since that first moment I read Romeo and Juliet as a kid. There is just something compelling about watching a couple struggle to be together in spite of impossible odds. Not all of these starcrossed lovers end up with happy endings, but I do enjoy rooting for that. Never have I read a forbidden romance like this one though - typical American teenage girl meets typical
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First off I have to say that I loved loved this story.I love the way of the Amish. The Amish live such a simple life. They do everything for themselves and they take care of each other. So when I saw this book had the two worlds collide I was intrigued. I have seen on TV how the Amish have their Rom spring for the teens to decide if they are going to stay Amish or if they are going to go the ways of the English.

Rose is grieving because her mother has past away. In order for her family to move o
Sandra "Jeanz"

MY REVIEW
I got this e-book from Netgalley. I think the cover represents the book well depicting the sun shining down on Noah and Rose as they kiss in the corn field where they secretly meet.
Their attraction for each other is there as soon as they meet. However their story is one of forbidden love, because Noah is Amish, and the Amish do not court/date the non-Amish.
Noah and Rose have to fight both families. Noah's family are immediately against their son having any sort of relationship with an E
Melanie Goodman
Noah is Amish. Rose is English. (Not like tea and footy English; just not Amish.) They are not meant to be together, but when they lay eyes on each other, they immediately fall in love and know that they must find a way to spend the rest of their lives together–even if it means one of them must give up everything they have ever known.

Karen Ann Hopkins’ Temptation is a story of forbidden love between a boy and a girl from two drastically worlds. I was excited for the culture clash! And the swoon!
Jodie
After the loss of her mother, Rose's father moves the family to a new town to get a fresh start. When Rose's family is invited to dinner at their Amish neighbor's house, she not only discovers how different the Amish live, but also that the neighbors have a handsome son who is about her age. The sparks begin to fly, secret meeting places are arranged, and Rose can't seem to keep her mind off of Noah. The only problem is they live in two very different worlds. Will one of them decide to step into ...more
Shirley
Insta-love aside, this book was painful to read.

AND NOAH. WHAT THE HELL. YOU EXPECT ROSE TO BECOME AMISH AND YET YOU DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THE IDEA OF TURNING 'ENGLISH'. AND at least offer some sort of compromise- YET YOU'RE SO STUBBORN, WANTING ROSE TO GIVE UP HER ENTIRE LIFE FOR YOU. Seriously, you won't DIE in the English world- if you try hard to "belong" (LOL I just had to do a 2 hour exam on belonging pfftt) you'll SURVIVE. So much for "LOVING" Rose - I call it LUST.

I'm pissed now. Noah ca
is rose brother a good or bad brother 1 5 Apr 30, 2014 12:37PM
  • Circle of Silence (WiHi, #2)
  • Susanna's Christmas Wish
  • Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)
  • Red Heart Tattoo
  • New Girl
  • Reckless Heart
  • Autumn Winds (Seasons of the Heart #2)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • The Memory Jar (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors, #1)
  • Gift
  • Emerald City
  • The Stone Girl
  • The Shapeshifter's Secret (The Shapeshifter's Secret, #1)
  • Emma Hearts LA (Hearts Series Book 2)
  • Getting Somewhere
  • Allegiance (Legacy, #2)
  • All These Lives
You can visit Karen Ann Hopkins at her website: www.karenannhopkins.com.

Karen Ann Hopkins resides in northern Kentucky with her family on a farm that boasts a menagerie of horses, goats, peacocks, chickens, ducks, rabbits, dogs and cats. Karen's main job is home schooling the kids, but she finds time to give riding lessons, coach a youth equestrian drill team, and of course, write. She was inspir
More about Karen Ann Hopkins...
Belonging (Temptation, #2) Forever (Temptation, #3) Lamb to the Slaughter (Serenity's Plain Secrets, #1) Embers (The Wings of War, #1) Whispers from the Dead (Serenity's Plain Secrets, #2)

“It was strange how in that moment of tragedy, it had seemed so unreal, like an old-fashioned movie reel playing on a screen for my eyes only. The pain and broken heart were blocked off for a little while, leaving me numb with disbelief. Shock is what Dad called it. But after a while, the cruel reality started to seep into my tissues, and my body became a sponge, just sucking it all up until, finally, there was so much grief inside, I couldn't help feeling it.
That's how it happened for me. First, the numbness right after she died, next the agonising pain and then the place I was at now—the land of perpetual depression.”
19 likes
“Pressing my head to his heart, I listened hard, straining to hear any gurgle or murmur of life. Hearing nothing, I felt the shock settle into my mind, slowing it down and then turning it off.
"Don't leave me, Noah. Please, don't go," I whispered into the darkness as the light spray of rain touched my face.
If only I could turn back time.
I would tell him yes.”