Start by marking “The Chamber in the Sky (Norumbegan Quartet, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Chamber in the Sky (Norumbegan Quartet, #4)

The Chamber in the Sky (Norumbegan Quartet #4)

From National Book Award and Printz Honor winner M.T. Anderson comes the amazing conclusion to his Norumbegan Quartet!

Brian and Gregory have seen it all. They've played a strange, twisty game and won, and then created their own...sort of. They've gone to investigate intergalactic suburban sprawl that was infringing on the Vermont forests, and landed in the empire of New No
Published June 1st 2012 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about The Chamber in the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chamber in the Sky

Valerie
Nov 20, 2014 Valerie rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Didn't enjoy this series as much as I enjoyed Anderson's other work, but one thing I liked is that there are consequences in his writing. Things don't just return to the status quo, and relationships evolve and change and not always for the better. I respect that.
Deb
Nov 12, 2016 Deb rated it it was amazing
This was a great book to end the series on. So many ups & downs, twists & turns. M T Anderson, you are the best!
Melissa Gabelman
May 16, 2015 Melissa Gabelman rated it did not like it
Just don't bother. It's hard to want to read a book where you don't even care about the characters enough to properly dislike them. Book 1 was an interesting play on the board game/scavenger hunt theme, and a good self-contained story. Book 2 was a jumble of them stumbling around with no plan, and ended w a cliffhanger, no resolution. Book 3 played like a whodunnit, forgetting the sense of urgency previously built up, leaving me screaming at the book to get back to priorities. It also ended on a ...more
Shana
Sep 05, 2012 Shana rated it did not like it
I changed my status to read, but that's a lie. I did read half of it, but just couldn't finish it. The story was still interesting, but not interesting enough to make me put up with the three most annoying characters I've come across is a while. They just don't have any readeeming qualities by this book and I found I just don't care about them anymore. So, while I enjoy M.T. Anderson's other work, and the even the first and second book in this series, I just couldn't get through to the end.
Ali
Nov 19, 2012 Ali rated it it was ok
The Game of Sunken Places is one of my favourite books, and I was really excited to find out there would be a sequel--and then a quartet! The second and third books left me largely disappointed. The tone drifted, the plot was all over the place, they lost their existential charm and became heroic quest novels instead. The Chamber in the Sky is the best of the three sequels for a variety of reasons, but particularly because it's over now.
Caitlin Hoffer
Apr 30, 2014 Caitlin Hoffer rated it it was ok
yikes. I stuck with this series all the way through based off how good the first 2 were. the last two could be condensed and combined and then maybe they'd be half as good as what got me hooked. the first 3/4 of this was like pulling teeth. Maybe doing all four in quick sequence might make the difference but I don't have it in me.
Susan
Oct 11, 2013 Susan rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
I don't know why I did not like this book. it seemed well written and the characters were well developed. perhaps if I had read it in one or two sittings, I would have liked it, but since I put it down a lot, I was mostly confused and I kept reading to be done.
Omar
Dec 20, 2015 Omar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Loved this book and the series. It was a nice little ending that left you changed. Would have liked it if the outcome was a bit more of a nice ending like the first book but still wonderful story.
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Rach H
Rach H rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Becca
Becca rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Mandy
Mandy rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Amy Wheatley
Amy Wheatley rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Rw Burns
Rw Burns rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013
Andy Lynes
Andy Lynes rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Elaine Dimopoulos
Elaine Dimopoulos rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Becca
Becca rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2014
Allison Smith
Allison Smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2015
Veronica
Veronica rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
¿¿¿???
¿¿¿??? rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Spockles
Spockles rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Theresa
Theresa rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Ellee
Ellee rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Teel
Teel rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2012
Walter
Walter rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2012
Christopher
Christopher rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2014
Sara Tie
Sara Tie rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Matthew Tobin Anderson (M. T. Anderson), (1968- ) is an author, primarily of picture books for children and novels for young adults. Anderson lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

His picture books include Handel Who Knew What He Liked; Strange Mr. Satie; The Serpent Came to Gloucester; and Me, All Alone, at the End of the World. He has written such young adult books as Thirsty, Burger Wuss, Feed, The
More about M.T. Anderson...

Norumbegan Quartet (4 books)
  • The Game of Sunken Places (Norumbegan Quartet, #1)
  • The Suburb Beyond the Stars (Norumbegan Quartet, #2)
  • Empire of Gut and Bone (Norumbegan Quartet, #3)