Start by marking “The Secret Life of a Fool: One Man's Raw Journey from Shame to Grace” as Want to Read:
The Secret Life of a Fool: One Man's Raw Journey from Shame to Grace

The Secret Life of a Fool: One Man's Raw Journey from Shame to Grace

He spent his growing-up years living for himself—recklessly rebelling against his evangelist father’s faith, numb to God and to the letters his father wrote him, immersed in the dark side of life. Until one intense night in the Jamaican Blue Mountains that allowed him to see himself in the mirror of grace, changing everything. The Secret Life of a Fool is Andrew Palau’s un ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Worthy Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Life of a Fool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Life of a Fool

Ted
Jun 23, 2015 Ted rated it really liked it
Shelves: christianity
In examining the introduction I was a bit concerned as he came across a now as too much like Ned Flanders from the Simpsons. Fortunately, Palau isn't a unidimensional Christian. That is refreshing for so often you hear Christians taugt their piety and moral purity.

Mr. Palaces story mirrors many. Though born into a religious and God fearing household, he was a typical boy in the 70's and 80's. Rebellious, mischievous, thrill seeking and bold. This was his temperament and it led him to search for
Sheila
Author Andrew Palau is the son of world-famous evangelist Luis Palau. Andrew grew up hearing and knowing about God, but he grew in the real world of drugs, alcohol and a teenager’s longing for acceptance among his peers. Knowing he was special, he somehow missed learning what it was that made him special and became ordinary.

Opening this book, I somehow expected a tale of radical extraordinary awesomely awful behavior, redeemed by an earthshattering experience of God. But I found neither. Andrew
Julie Graves
Apr 05, 2012 Julie Graves rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, 2012-reads
Blurb from the back of the book:

Like many of us, Andrew Palau spent his growing -up years immersed in a selfish and self-centered life, numb to God and to the letters his evangelist-father wrote him. In The Secret Life of a Fool, Palau recounts his years of rebellion and reckless living--and the moment when the shame of his life collided with God's relentless grace, changing everything.

It's an unforgettably gutsy story, packed with honesty and hope for us all.
(from the final published copy, w
IrenesBookReviews
Apr 03, 2012 IrenesBookReviews rated it it was amazing
This is a very personal story told by the author about his life. The author is the son of an evangelist and spent some of his life running from his family and their beliefs. After reading this book you can’t help but see how much the Lord loves each of us and walks with us through life.

This book was very easy to read. The stories flowed well and will have you wanting to keep reading to see what happens. The best parts of the book are when the author directs you to the Lord. You will see over and
Cheryl
Mar 30, 2012 Cheryl rated it liked it
Andrew Palau is an evangelist. He is the son of an evangelist. He has his own daily radio program called Reaching Your World. Just because Andrew’s father is an evangelist, does not mean that Andrew automatically followed in his father’s foot steps. In fact, as Andrew will share with you, he struggled down a rocky road and had to find himself and God before he could become the man he is today. This is his story…The Secret Life of a Fool: One Man’s Raw Journey from Shame to Grace.

I applaud Mr. Pa
Babs
Apr 03, 2012 Babs rated it really liked it
Andrew is the son of an evangelist, but he did not always follow in his father's footsteps. He went down a rocky road to find his way to God and who he needed to be. Andrew has a way of pulling the reader into the story and the situations he found himself in. He doesn't make light of things he tells his story the way it is no frills no skimming over. He lets people who still struggle with their faith know there is still time to find your way.

I enjoyed the story I wasn't sure what to expect as I
Candace Lazzaro
Oct 20, 2014 Candace Lazzaro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading this. I gave it four stars, not because I felt it was a well written book, although it was good enough to keep me reading but because it was a helpful book. I have a son who stepped away from his Christian roots and this book gives me hope that one day he will come back to them. I don't think my son's life is quit as wild as Andrew Palau's but I'm sure he doesn't tell me everything that goes on in his life -- in fact looking back at my own "wild" years, I'm sure he ...more
G.P. Hintz
Jun 29, 2014 G.P. Hintz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
This book spoke to me. I can relate so much to Andrew's journey and there were moments that I could sense the Holy Spirit moving strongly through his words. If you have ever strayed or loved someone who was straying, be encouraged and read this book. Also, it was great to see the consistent love and truth that his dad, Luis, had for him through his life. A beautiful example of what it means to be a faith filled father.
Lisa
Oct 29, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Fabulous read: not from the perspective of what Palau's crazy life was like but from understanding how that behavior becomes addictive and cyclical. How God's grace broke that cycle. It is a story of love and hope.
Prince Baldos
Apr 21, 2016 Prince Baldos rated it it was amazing
This has simply awakened my sleeping faith. When I read this book, I have started having my devotions again. Thank you Andrew Palau for sharing your life; the life we also take.
Cherie
Dec 30, 2014 Cherie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
This is a great book! Gives me hope for my own children and what the Lord can do in a persons life.
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Jennie
Jennie rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Keith H
Keith H rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Dan
Dan rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Clive Mccartney
Clive Mccartney rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Audrey Mccartney
Audrey Mccartney rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2013
Steve Vernon
Steve Vernon rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Esther Pyle
Esther Pyle rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Betsy Hunter
Sep 10, 2014 Betsy Hunter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring real, transparent--a must read!
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Jorge
Jorge rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Joe
Joe rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2012
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2014
Laura rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Lettitia
Lettitia rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

“was i leaving a life that, if snuffed out in a plane crash, would leave a sweet aroma representative of what matters most?” 1 likes