his elegy to definition (BlankVerseDead folio series)

his elegy to definition (BlankVerseDead folio series)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  14 reviews
"his elegy to definition" is a poem by Pablo D'Stair, author of "The Choice of Dogs and other poems"
newsprint stapled folio, 8 pages
Published by BlankVerseDead

To ask other readers questions about his elegy to definition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about his elegy to definition

Robert Zimmermann
This is the 5th installment of Pablo D'Stair's BlankVerseDead folio series. I haven't been very fond of the past poems (this excludes #2, by his wife Sarah D'Stair.) I haven't disliked the poetry, as much as, there seems to either much more to the poems than I have been able to decipher or not anything in the poems to get in the first place. Either way there are no rules to poetry saying there has to be anything being said in the first place, and if that's the case I applaud Pablo for taking tha...more
Susie Spizzirro
Once again I thank you for the opportunity to read your work. As before I am ashamed to admit I do not understand your intent but I believe I'm getting closer to the meaning. My friends and I have spent many hours dicussing, An Old song For Wrong Women. I believe I am gathering an understanding. We have passed it on to some of our other friends so it has traveled from you to Kentucky (me) to Baltimore,Md. to Washington D.C. & is on it's way to Chapel Hill,N.C. I hope you don't mind it's tra...more
Megan Haynes
I'm not really sure about this poem. (these poems?) I won it in the "goodreads first reads" giveaway and was super super excited when I saw it in the mail :)

I liked it, but at the same time was confused by it. It is a tad random, but I think that's maybe the point? "his elegy to definition" implies that 'definition' is dead? I took it to mean:

Definition = meaning.

Haha, and maybe that's why it didn't mean too much to me, personally. (if you read it and actually focus on the meaning of the words y...more
Kim Heimbuch
I didn't really care for these poems. I wouldn't say they are bad or poorly written, just not my style of poem an after reading through them multiple times it just left me confounded and thinking that you really can print and sell anything. Maybe I should dog up my children's early years school writing...

First Reads erm...pamplet?
Kaitlin
D'Stair, how your thoughts still seem to confuse me.

Okay, to an extent. His poetry, to me, seems to be his thoughts surging into a poetic puddle. All of his emotion coming out at once without restrain.

Not my favorite, but not the worst poetry I've ever read.
Shane Cormier
This didnt make much sense to me but some of it did. nice little obscure piece to put away. Not sure I care to understand it. its funny, weird and extremely random, or is it? Hrm. Who cares. Enjoy!
Annemarie
I enjoyed reading the six poems grouped in this specific anthology. They were filled with vivid language and beautifully origional lines that I found myself rereading over and over again.
Erma Steppe
We enjoy Pablo D'Sair's work as a group, I waited until we could all be together to read and reread his work. We enjoyed the book very much. Thank you for this opportunity.
Michael Ruger
I won this in a giveaway along with For she who kept the other alphabet
This was much better and i gave it three stars I'm not really into poetry but i would read this again.
Katie
Dec 27, 2011 Katie marked it as to-read
I won this and never received it, which is unfortunate because I really was looking forward to being able to read this and provide a review :(
Skye Williams
It doesn't really flow well. I read it out loud with my roommate and kept stumbling over the wording.
Christina
Beautiful work. This was a free Goodreads copy and I really enjoyed receiving it.
Nicki
Dec 28, 2011 Nicki marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
Won through the Goodreads First Reads program, and I'm excited to read it. :)
Trish
Jan 07, 2012 Trish rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: won
Nice short poems. Keep writing.
Constance A. Dunn
Constance A. Dunn marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Zach Sparks
Zach Sparks marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Bridgette Hinton
Bridgette Hinton marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2012
Ghostofher
Ghostofher marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2012
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2012
Randy Smith
Randy Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2012
Pablo D’Stair was born in 1981. He is the author of over forty books of fiction, several collections of poetry, and numerous essays and dialogues. He writes on cinema for the UK film site BRWC: Battle Royale With Cheese and was a regular contributor of fiction, interview, and essay for the Montage: Cultural Paradigm (Sri Lanka) from 2010-2012.
More about Pablo D'Stair...
an old song for wrong women (BlankVerseDead folio edition) Kaspar Traulhaine, approximate i poisoned you they say the owl was a baker's daughter: four existential noirs for she, who kept the other alphabet (BlankVerseDead folio series)