Start by marking “Hacksaw: The Jim Duggan Story” as Want to Read:
Hacksaw: The Jim Duggan Story

Hacksaw: The Jim Duggan Story

Offering professional wrestling fans a ringside seat into his adventurous life, WWE Hall of Fame wrestler Jim Duggan recounts for the first time key moments and legendary bouts both inside and outside the ring. Known to millions of enthusiasts as a charismatic patriot—with an American flag in his right hand and his signature two-by-four in his left—Duggan here reflects on ...more
Published April 1st 2012 by Triumph Books

To ask other readers questions about Hacksaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hacksaw

Dan Schwent
Hacksaw is the biography of pro wrestler Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

This is the sixteenth book in my Kindle Unlimited Experiment. For the 30 day trial, I'm only reading books that are part of the program and keeping track what the total cost of the books would have been.

I first became a wrestling fan when I was around 7 years old, about the same time Moses led the Hebrews out of Egypt, right around the time Hulkamania exploded on America and changed the wrestling business forever. As I got older, I beca
Amy
Jun 24, 2012 Amy added it
A fun read, told with a lot of heart. I learned so much about what goes on behind the scenes. I have a whole new level of respect for Hacksaw. HO-OH!!!
Penny Aurand
Mar 09, 2017 Penny Aurand rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Loved the areas where his wife, Debra made comments.
Larry
Sep 18, 2013 Larry rated it it was ok
I felt the writing was a bit sloppy. I guess I should have been prepared seeing as it was written by a Professional Wrestler. There were times where Duggan would start a story, go off on a tangent, and then never return to the original story.

I also felt that there were a lot of juicy details that Duggan left out. He talks about drugs a tiny bit in the book, but doesn't go into too much detail about them. It is as if he was told to not go into too much detail about the bad parts of the business.

I
Khurram
Jan 04, 2017 Khurram rated it really liked it
Hacksaw Jim Duggan is a likeable character and person. I was not his biggest fan, but he was from the era I watched wrestling. This is an honest account of Jim Duggan's life and time in wrestling. He started out as football player, who joined amateur wrestling, then his first love Pro Football, but injuries forced him out, and he took up the role of a pro-wrestler. He used a number of gimmicks before he became Hacksaw. Which was very close to his own personality (they say the best gimmicks are e ...more
Oliver Bateman
May 24, 2014 Oliver Bateman rated it really liked it
Want a by-the-numbers recounting of Jim Duggan's solid career as a pro wrestler? Here you go. WWE viewers might not realize what a good athlete or what a badass Duggan once was, so this book is useful for rehashing his SMU football days and Mid-South Wrestling glory years. Duggan freely admits to reducing the number of bumps he took after coming to the WWE, claiming that once he realized he could get over with a thumb and a 2X4, his desire to engage in bloody brawls decreased dramatically (a few ...more
Bill Jacobs
Sep 25, 2012 Bill Jacobs rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, biography
great book with full of great memories, including funny and tragic moments in his life. So easy to read. If you want to read the underrated pro wrestler's perspective views on the life of pro wrestling, it's the best book. Also, it's the best one on a wrestler who never win the main event championships and still lead you on his exciting and fun roads.
Lorraine Mason
Nov 05, 2014 Lorraine Mason rated it really liked it
Very entertaining look at the life of Hacksaw Jim Duggan, and of wrestling in the 1980's and 90's. The writing could be better, and the stories could be told more fluidly. However, the backstage stories are hilarious and amazing. I found myself laughing and crying many times throughout this book. If you're a wrestling fan, I would definitely recommend it.
Josh McDevitt-Spall
Jun 19, 2012 Josh McDevitt-Spall rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A fun read, if not always well written. I was hoping for a Foleyesque read, a book so wonderfully engaging that you marvelled that the goofy wrestler could've written it. Unfortunately, Hacksaw just keeps reminding you that it's written by a goofy wrestler. Offers interesting takes on some of my childhood heroes, and I have a hard time not loving Hacksaw just for trying to write a book.
Ken Taylor
Jul 03, 2014 Ken Taylor rated it it was ok
Shelves: memoir
I have a lot of respect for Jim Duggan, and from what I read he seems to have been one of the more level headed wrestlers of his time, but that just made for a more uninteresting book. It is peppered with some interesting stories, and what seems to be an over the top defense of Vince McMahon. All in all it was a pretty average autobiography.
Peter Stevens
May 29, 2012 Peter Stevens rated it really liked it
Brilliant story from a guy that has. Stood the test of time. Through hardships and in difference. To family life and loss. Cancer and Politics this book is a journey through the life and times of one of wrestlings most iconic faces and personalities.

Well worth the read so pick it up today TOUGH GUY! Hooooooohhhh!
Gary F
Jun 22, 2015 Gary F rated it liked it
A fun and easy going book but not one that is raw and full of emotion and detailed stories like Bob Holly's book. This is strictly G rated and more summary of events that really digging into key events. Still worth a read if you are a fan.
Stacey
Nov 15, 2012 Stacey rated it really liked it
Haven't you always suspected that Jim Duggan was just a good guy? He is. This was an honest, no excuses, look bak on his personal life and professional career. I appreciated his wit (his description of his stint as WCW janitor had me laughing out loud) and his candor was refreshing.
Stephen Bruno
Sep 04, 2012 Stephen Bruno rated it really liked it
Good , quick read with a lot of behind the scenes stories and anecdotes. I'd highly recommend it to any wrestling fan
Shaun
Apr 24, 2012 Shaun rated it it was amazing
Awesome...HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jim Trela
Jan 19, 2015 Jim Trela rated it liked it
Fun autobiography of one of my favorite "pro" wrestlers!
John
John rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Wendi
Wendi rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
George St. Louis
George St. Louis rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2012
PJ Davis
PJ Davis rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Pam chandler
Pam chandler rated it it was ok
Dec 06, 2015
Rodney Este
Rodney Este rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Evan
Evan rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Brian Diamond
Brian Diamond rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Joel
Joel rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
BruceBuchanan
BruceBuchanan rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2017
Aaron
Aaron rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Justin
Justin rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016