Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)

Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World #2)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  430 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Ally's feeling inadequate. Why is it that her only romantic experience amounts to a burping in mouth scenario with Keith Brownlow? Kyra's only been in Crouch End two seconds and she's got a boyfriend already.
Published 2006 by Scholastic (first published August 17th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble

The Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah DessenThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann BrasharesLock and Key by Sarah DessenAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Best YA Chicklit
403rd out of 473 books — 1,029 voters

More lists with this book...

A.R. Collins
Like the first book in the series, this book is engaging and enjoyable; it has the same little niggles in the style, which all the books will, and which I really didn't care about when I was closer to the target age range for this series.

I did enjoy this one less than the first, as I felt the characters didn't behave very well most of the time, and I was reminded that Sandie - whom I cited in my review of the first book in this series as a character I liked - has a serious flaw in her jealousy a...more
Katie
**GENERAL REVIEW FOR THE ENTIRE SERIES**

Aww, man....
I started reading these books when I was about nine years old. I don't think I even read them in order at first, just got whichever ones I could find out of my schools library. I loved them. LOVED.

Eventually I figured out the order and filled in the gaps. And then proceeded to read the entire series about five times over. Those were the times.

Ally was my spirit animal in those days. She was a little awkward, wasn't quite sure where she fit into...more
Carys Gidlow
Jun 26, 2008 Carys Gidlow rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls Teenagers- boys wouldnt enjoy it-
Recommended to Carys by: my sister
Shelves: girly-books
I am reading this book at the minute as i have just read the first book, "the past, the present, and the loud, loud girl" and i decided to read the sequel.Like before, i am enjoying this book but i dont think it is as good as the first book, it doesnt seem as funny and as good to read.
These books are very good to read because you dont really have to think about it- they are nice and simple and not too challenging.
I HAve now read this book... i am not sure whether i like it or not as much as the...more
Paige
OMG lolz x1000000000
so funny, it's unbelievable. it's a perfect balance where you got loads of funny bits but not too many so that it gets a bit unrealistic; brilliant. it's a book i can relate to; i suspected my mum of dating someone when she started being on the phone for really long stretches of time, and i would hear a quiet knock on the door in the middle of the night and then the door opening and closing. i knew months before she told me and introduced me, though i never told her i knew un...more
Amanda O'Donnell
Dad is seeing someone. Like a Woman Someone. And it can't be our mum, because she's off travelling the world. There's only one thing for it - serious sisterly espionage. Hey, I know it's sneaky, but we have to uncover the awful (cringe-worthy) truth...
Rose Dawson
Série: Alice a ... .Tuto sérii jsem naprosto milovala.Alice je velmi vtipná a blázen.Oblíbila jsem si celou rodinu a mimo to i Alfieho.Rozhodně doporučuji sice je Alice 13 let,ale myslím,že knížku si můžou přečíst i starší. ;)
Erin
The author was really able to wind in all the suspicion and clues that Dad was seeing someone, and depicted the emotions of the family quite well, I think. Also liked some of the Alfie/Ally stuff slotted in!
Molly
Aug 19, 2013 Molly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm only on page 50 but I'm already having to plough through this reluctantly. Perhaps it's my age. However, it did only cost me 10p from the library so I'll finish it none the less.
Helen X
This has got to be one of the best books EVER! the Others are other ally's world! But I will change ma mind!
Harriet Appleby
Very good
Elss Library
Elss Library marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Jannat
Jannat marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Madhu
Madhu marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Alanna
Alanna added it
Aug 22, 2014
  • Teen Queens and Has-Beens (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #3)
  • My So Called Life (Rachel Riley, #1)
  • Posh and Prejudice (Diary of a Chav, #2)
  • Secrets
  • Tessa in Love
  • Wishes and Dreams (Sweet 16, #2)
  • Goggle-Eyes
  • Horrid Henry's Nits
  • Girls Dinner Club
Karen Grace McCombie is an author of children and young adult novels. Currently, she lives in London with her husband Tom, and their four year old daughter Milly. She is the author of the series Stella etc., Ally's World, and Indie Kidd. She has also written several stand-alone novels. Her newest series, Sadie Rocks, was released in February 2008.

More about Karen McCombie...
The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World, #1) Butterflies, Bullies and Bad Bad Habits (Ally's World, #3) Boys, Brothers and Jelly Belly Dancing (Ally's World, #5) Friends, Freak-outs and Very Secret Secrets (Ally's World, #4) Frankie, Peaches & Me