Start by marking “Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)

Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World #2)

Ally's feeling inadequate. Why is it that her only romantic experience amounts to a burping in mouth scenario with Keith Brownlow? Kyra's only been in Crouch End two seconds and she's got a boyfriend already.
Published 2006 by Scholastic (first published August 17th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble

A.R. Collins
Oct 18, 2014 A.R. Collins rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Like the first book in the series, this is engaging and enjoyable; it has the same little niggles in the style, which all the books will, and which I really didn't care about when I was closer to the target age range for this series.

I did enjoy this one less than the first, as I felt the characters didn't behave very well most of the time, and I was reminded that Sandie - whom I thought I liked - has a serious flaw in her jealousy and overprotectiveness of Ally. I suppose it's a true-to-life fla
Nov 15, 2013 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pre-2009

Aww, man....
I started reading these books when I was about nine years old. I don't think I even read them in order at first, just got whichever ones I could find out of my schools library. I loved them. LOVED.

Eventually I figured out the order and filled in the gaps. And then proceeded to read the entire series about five times over. Those were the times.

Ally was my spirit animal in those days. She was a little awkward, wasn't quite sure where she fit into
Oct 11, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first introduction to this series, and I think it's a fun, clean look at the challenges of teenage girls. Working with middle schoolers, I am consistently looking for books that are engaging, clean, and funny. While I don't feel this one teaches any "life lessons" beyond "Don't jump to conclusions," it is a fun, easy read.
Carys Gidlow
Jun 26, 2008 Carys Gidlow rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls Teenagers- boys wouldnt enjoy it-
Recommended to Carys by: my sister
Shelves: girly-books
I am reading this book at the minute as i have just read the first book, "the past, the present, and the loud, loud girl" and i decided to read the sequel.Like before, i am enjoying this book but i dont think it is as good as the first book, it doesnt seem as funny and as good to read.
These books are very good to read because you dont really have to think about it- they are nice and simple and not too challenging.
I HAve now read this book... i am not sure whether i like it or not as much as the
Mar 03, 2011 Paige rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG lolz x1000000000
so funny, it's unbelievable. it's a perfect balance where you got loads of funny bits but not too many so that it gets a bit unrealistic; brilliant. it's a book i can relate to; i suspected my mum of dating someone when she started being on the phone for really long stretches of time, and i would hear a quiet knock on the door in the middle of the night and then the door opening and closing. i knew months before she told me and introduced me, though i never told her i knew un
Jul 10, 2016 Reeny rated it really liked it
Loved this series as a kid. Wouldn't recommend to 15+ however.
Oct 03, 2015 Sadia rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, the level of this book is quite high but it's not a hard book. Also it was quite funny how Ally and her sisters thought that their dad has girlfriend. I would recommend this book to most of the teenagers
Jun 13, 2015 Siham rated it it was amazing
funny and very enjoyable
Amanda O'Donnell
Dad is seeing someone. Like a Woman Someone. And it can't be our mum, because she's off travelling the world. There's only one thing for it - serious sisterly espionage. Hey, I know it's sneaky, but we have to uncover the awful (cringe-worthy) truth...
Rose Dawson
Feb 01, 2013 Rose Dawson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teenage
Série: Alice a ... .Tuto sérii jsem naprosto milovala.Alice je velmi vtipná a blázen.Oblíbila jsem si celou rodinu a mimo to i Alfieho.Rozhodně doporučuji sice je Alice 13 let,ale myslím,že knížku si můžou přečíst i starší. ;)
Aug 09, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: ally-s-world
The author was really able to wind in all the suspicion and clues that Dad was seeing someone, and depicted the emotions of the family quite well, I think. Also liked some of the Alfie/Ally stuff slotted in!
Aug 19, 2013 Molly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm only on page 50 but I'm already having to plough through this reluctantly. Perhaps it's my age. However, it did only cost me 10p from the library so I'll finish it none the less.
Helen X
Sep 24, 2010 Helen X rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-books
This has got to be one of the best books EVER! the Others are other ally's world! But I will change ma mind!
3.5 stars.
Harriet Appleby
Very good
Makaria Pfeiffer
Makaria Pfeiffer rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Bee rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Steph marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2016
Michal added it
Oct 10, 2016
Alex added it
Oct 03, 2016
Kirsty-Ann Potter
Kirsty-Ann Potter rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Risingabbey77 rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Xiong Yan
Xiong Yan rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Dima Zolotukha
Dima Zolotukha rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
  • Too Cool for School (Diary of a Chav, #3)
  • Al Capone and His Gang
  • Fruit and Nutcase (Diary, #3)
  • My So-Called Life (Rachel Riley, #1)
  • Too Good to Be True (So Little Time, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2)
  • Tessa in Love
  • Over the Edge (Chloe & Levesque, #2)
  • Tell Me about It (So Little Time, #5)
  • Raspberries on the Yangtze
  • Candy and the Broken Biscuits (Candypop #1)
  • Hermelinen (Katriona-serien, #2)
  • Goggle-Eyes
Karen Grace McCombie is an author of children and young adult novels. Currently, she lives in London with her husband Tom, and their four year old daughter Milly. She is the author of the series Stella etc., Ally's World, and Indie Kidd. She has also written several stand-alone novels. Her newest series, Sadie Rocks, was released in February 2008.

More about Karen McCombie...

Ally's World (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Awesomely Ally's World
  • The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World, #1)
  • Butterflies, Bullies and Bad Bad Habits (Ally's World, #3)
  • Friends, Freak-outs and Very Secret Secrets (Ally's World, #4)
  • Boys, Brothers and Jelly Belly Dancing (Ally's World, #5)
  • Sisters, Super Creeps and Slushy, Gushy Love Songs (Ally's World, #6)
  • Parties, Predicaments and Undercover Pets (Ally's World, #7)
  • Tattoos, Telltales and Terrible, Terrible Twins (Ally's World, #8)
  • Mates, Mysteries and Pretty Weird Weirdness (Ally's World, #9)
  • Daisy, Dad and the Huge, Small Surprise (Ally's World, #10)