Start by marking “The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible” as Want to Read:

For anyone who ever feels invisible, unnoticed, or unappreciated, here's an invitation to rediscover the biblical God who sees you.

Tammy Maltby wants women to know their lives matter. So she invites you to explore the real-life implications of knowing God sees you, He loves you passionately, and He's intimately involved with every aspect of your life. God wants you to see
Published April 1st 2012 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about The God Who Sees You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The God Who Sees You

IrenesBookReviews
Mar 19, 2012 IrenesBookReviews rated it it was amazing
This author is very direct and I especially liked how her personality came out in her writing. If you are feeling lonely or lost in the crowd this book is perfect. Our relationship with Christ should be our most important one and understanding how much Christ loves us can change our whole perspective on life.

I thought the book was very encouraging and will really help you in your thinking. You will realize that mattering to Christ is what matters, not how many names you have listed under “friend
Rachel
God brought this book along just in the time and season of my life I really needed the encouragement and reminder that He sees ME, He knows ME, and He truly does love ME. :) This was a bless-your-socks-off read I'm sure I'll be recommending to every young woman I meet and will be rereading often.

"I am seen by God. May those words keep taking your breath away" - Angela Thomas, best-selling author and speaker
Janette Fuller
May 27, 2012 Janette Fuller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
This book begins with the story of Hagar from Genesis 16 and 21. Hagar was a maidservant in the camp of Abram and Sarai. Sarai is unable to bear a son for Abram, so she compels Hagar to sleep with Abram in the hopes that the servant will produce a son for Sarai to raise. But when Hagar obeys and becomes pregnant, Sarai becomes jealous and abusive. Hagar runs away to the desert.

An angel appears to Hagar bringing a message from a God she barely knows.
The angel says, "The Lord has heard of your mis
Jimena
Aug 05, 2012 Jimena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Every once in awhile we all need to be reminded that God sees us, He loves us and He has a plan for us. This is a comforting and reassuring message. In this book there’s Scripture but also very personal experiences of the author. The God Who Sees You is beautifully written, I made a lot of notes which I’ll be sharing especially with my youth group. The young girls in the group I lead are at an age in which they sometimes feel like they have to act a certain way to be noticed. I want them to know ...more
Sandy
Apr 30, 2012 Sandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
First of all, I’d like to say that I wish the description above didn’t single out that the author is speaking to women, because honestly, I didn’t get that vibe while I was reading this one. I really feel like this book can be equally addressed to both men and women, and nothing in there speaks specifically to women only. It’s almost downright odd that the description singles out women. Oh well.

The God Who Sees You was definitely a thought-provoking, soul-searching book that I wasn’t expecting.
Tami Boesiger
Aug 15, 2012 Tami Boesiger rated it really liked it
This book came to me at a good time. It was exactly what this mama who stresses over her adult children needed to be reminded of. God sees. He knows. He's got a plan.

A few hours after I finished the book, I was counseling with a woman and actually read some of the passages out loud from the chapter on hiding. She confessed some traumatic events she's carried since childhood, things she's never told her therapist that she's been seeing for fifteen years! I felt it a great step towards full healin
Janelle
I can't give a proper review of this, as while it was encouraging, I was not well while reading it and it's a bit of a blur. I might have to come back to it later.
Tracy Passmore
May 26, 2012 Tracy Passmore rated it really liked it
This was a book that I could relate to, because I feel invisible quite often. It gave good tips on remember that God loves you and knows you deeper than you can imagine. I also enjoyed the tips for interacting with others and showing them that God sees them. She uses several scriptures from "The Message" Bible. That is not my favorite translation, but it worked in this book.
Ellen Young
Currently reading this book. I really like it and would recommend it to others!
Andrea
Aug 06, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it
encouraging, insightful -- the subtitle gives the orientation of the book.
W. Whalin
Jan 01, 2014 W. Whalin rated it it was amazing
If we are honest, many times we face a poor view of ourselves. Tammy Maltby writes with refreshing honesty in THE GOD WHO SEES YOU. With pointed writing and good storytelling combined with practical lessons from Scripture, this book is packed with insight and information.

In the first chapter, I was struck with this passage: “That’s the message I want to pass along to you from the start—my personal witness as someone who at times has felt forgotten, uncared for, unloved, invisible. I truly belie
Christy Bower
The God Who Sees You begins with the story of Hagar, who fled her abusive slave mistress and fled into the desert where she encountered God. She called Him El-Roi, “The God Who Sees Me.” We all reach points in life where we wonder if God really sees us. Does He see my suffering? Does He see my desperate need? Does He see my invisible heartache? Does He see ME?

Tammy Maltby explores the idea of being seen by God and seeing God. She looks at the causes of our blindness that keep us from seeing God—
Mel
Dec 06, 2015 Mel rated it really liked it
Many of us have experienced moments where we feel invisible to others and at times to God. The reality is that He truly sees every moment of our everyday.

This is the message of Tammy Maltby’s book. Tammy writes about how we are truly seen by God right where we are; we are never alone. Tammy is very honest, sharing her own personal stories that will tell you that she can truly relate to those moments as well. Tammy illustrates how we can help others realize that they are seen as well.

I highly re
Susan
Jul 17, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
I like this book a lot. It really cheers me up when I am down. I like to know that god really sees me. it is a great feeling and this book really gives me that. I particularly like how it gives examples from movies and other books to explain each chapter. I also want people to know that this is a book for all ages. I'm not even a teenager yet and I read this book every night before bed. It is not just a book for old people though they can like it too. This is an very comforting and awesome book.
René
Sep 08, 2014 René rated it it was ok
The author chose an interesting issue to address and she does make a few worthwhile points. My issue was that it was overly repetitious. She could have knocked fifty pages off by not resaying the same things five different ways in each chapter. Also, her continual use of The Message translation of the Bible was off-putting for me. It made everything a little too 'feel good' instead of being helpful.
Kim Justice
May 29, 2012 Kim Justice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
What an eye opening look at the way God see you threw His eyes. Author's Tammy Maltby and Christian Buchanan have written a different thought process as to the how God looks into your life.

How well do you know the Lord? Do you know that He knows the very deepest part of you? Have you or do you feel invisible? I know I have:

To read more of my review:
Breath of Life
Kristine Vigil

Man I wish I would have read this book about 2 years ago when my world fell apart and God was the only thing holding me together. That being said I still enjoyed the book and it has reinforced some of the things I've learned and come to accept along the way. A great read to grow in your relationship with God to understand just what we are to Him and that He does see us.
Erin
Dec 25, 2013 Erin rated it it was ok
There are a few gems in this book that stuck with me. Overall, however, I found it too broad and wordy. It read like an essay to me with several quotes from various authors and lots of "first, next, finally..." type of paragraphs. The content was ok but again, It felt very, very broad, unnecessarily detailed at times and somewhat repetitious. Potentially encouraging for one struggling with loneliness and other gems are present as well.
Shirley Corder
May 09, 2014 Shirley Corder rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I loved this book. I read it slowly, a few pages each day in my morning devotional time. Tammy Maltby takes the story of Hagar, and brings so many truths out of it. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be encouraged by God's Word and by the knowledge that He really does see you, wherever you are.
Joan
Jun 07, 2016 Joan added it
Picked this up at half price books, struck by it's focus on this verse regarding Hagar from Genesis 16:13 "She gave this name to God who spoke to her, 'You are the God who sees me.' for she said, 'I have now seen the God who sees me.'" I loved it. So many feel unseen...and its our job to make sure they know they are seen...that somebody sees...that ultimately, God sees and cares.
Anne
Aug 31, 2012 Anne rated it liked it
Shelves: spiritual-growth
I did not 100% agree with everything written in this book, but I will say that it both comforted and challenged me. In particular, the chapter about walking blind, and the chapter called "See and Be" were convicting and thought-provoking.
Joanna
Apr 16, 2013 Joanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 3.5 stars. It was very helpful right now as I am going through a very low point and things just seem to look like they are going to get worse before they get better.
June Sanderson saxton
Mar 07, 2014 June Sanderson saxton rated it did not like it
Boring!!!
Marr
Jul 17, 2015 Marr rated it it was amazing
Amazing book that connects you with how deeply loved you are by God, the whole thing about Hager changed my perspective that God sees my suffering and pain, he understands it and he is with me.
Jessica
[free nook book]
Dalovely1755
Dalovely1755 rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2014
Princess
Princess rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Melinda
Melinda rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Janice
Janice rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Hoocka
Hoocka rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living
  • Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus
  • NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom
  • What's Your Secret?: Freedom through Confession
  • When You Can't Find God
  • A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain, and God's Sovereignty
  • The Ways of God (Finding Purpose Through Your Pain)
  • Secondhand Jesus: Trading Rumors of God for a Firsthand Faith
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • Good News for Those Trying Harder
  • Sifted: God's Scandalous Response to Satan's Outrageous Demand
  • The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ
  • When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances
  • A Cup of Comfort Women of the Bible Devotional: Daily Reflections Inspired by Scripture's Most Beloved Heroines
  • Impact My Life:  Biblical Mentoring Simplified
  • Desires of My Heart - Meditation on Psalm 37:4
  • Kingdom Journeys: Rediscovering the Lost Spiritual Discipline
  • Messy: God Likes It That Way

“I want you to live in confidence that when God looks at you, He sees beauty. He sees value. He sees hope. And that even when you’re hiding, or when you’re so beaten down you can’t see anything clearly, He’s still hard at work, crafting a beautiful future of relationship with Him and with others.” 3 likes
“Mother Teresa is widely quoted as saying, “There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.” 2 likes