The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  18 reviews
For anyone who ever feels invisible, unnoticed, or unappreciated, here's an invitation to rediscover the biblical God who sees you.

Tammy Maltby wants women to know their lives matter. So she invites you to explore the real-life implications of knowing God sees you, He loves you passionately, and He's intimately involved with every aspect of your life. God wants you to see...more
Published April 1st 2012 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about The God Who Sees You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The God Who Sees You

IrenesChristianReviews
This author is very direct and I especially liked how her personality came out in her writing. If you are feeling lonely or lost in the crowd this book is perfect. Our relationship with Christ should be our most important one and understanding how much Christ loves us can change our whole perspective on life.

I thought the book was very encouraging and will really help you in your thinking. You will realize that mattering to Christ is what matters, not how many names you have listed under “friend...more
Rachel
God brought this book along just in the time and season of my life I really needed the encouragement and reminder that He sees ME, He knows ME, and He truly does love ME. :) This was a bless-your-socks-off read I'm sure I'll be recommending to every young woman I meet and will be rereading often.

"I am seen by God. May those words keep taking your breath away" - Angela Thomas, best-selling author and speaker
Janette Fuller
This book begins with the story of Hagar from Genesis 16 and 21. Hagar was a maidservant in the camp of Abram and Sarai. Sarai is unable to bear a son for Abram, so she compels Hagar to sleep with Abram in the hopes that the servant will produce a son for Sarai to raise. But when Hagar obeys and becomes pregnant, Sarai becomes jealous and abusive. Hagar runs away to the desert.

An angel appears to Hagar bringing a message from a God she barely knows.
The angel says, "The Lord has heard of your mis...more
Jimena
Every once in awhile we all need to be reminded that God sees us, He loves us and He has a plan for us. This is a comforting and reassuring message. In this book there’s Scripture but also very personal experiences of the author. The God Who Sees You is beautifully written, I made a lot of notes which I’ll be sharing especially with my youth group. The young girls in the group I lead are at an age in which they sometimes feel like they have to act a certain way to be noticed. I want them to know...more
Tami Boesiger
This book came to me at a good time. It was exactly what this mama who stresses over her adult children needed to be reminded of. God sees. He knows. He's got a plan.

A few hours after I finished the book, I was counseling with a woman and actually read some of the passages out loud from the chapter on hiding. She confessed some traumatic events she's carried since childhood, things she's never told her therapist that she's been seeing for fifteen years! I felt it a great step towards full healin...more
Sandy Farmer
First of all, I’d like to say that I wish the description above didn’t single out that the author is speaking to women, because honestly, I didn’t get that vibe while I was reading this one. I really feel like this book can be equally addressed to both men and women, and nothing in there speaks specifically to women only. It’s almost downright odd that the description singles out women. Oh well.

The God Who Sees You was definitely a thought-provoking, soul-searching book that I wasn’t expecting....more
Tracy Passmore
This was a book that I could relate to, because I feel invisible quite often. It gave good tips on remember that God loves you and knows you deeper than you can imagine. I also enjoyed the tips for interacting with others and showing them that God sees them. She uses several scriptures from "The Message" Bible. That is not my favorite translation, but it worked in this book.
W. Whalin
If we are honest, many times we face a poor view of ourselves. Tammy Maltby writes with refreshing honesty in THE GOD WHO SEES YOU. With pointed writing and good storytelling combined with practical lessons from Scripture, this book is packed with insight and information.

In the first chapter, I was struck with this passage: “That’s the message I want to pass along to you from the start—my personal witness as someone who at times has felt forgotten, uncared for, unloved, invisible. I truly belie...more
Ellen Young
Currently reading this book. I really like it and would recommend it to others!
Andrea
encouraging, insightful -- the subtitle gives the orientation of the book.
Shirley Corder
I loved this book. I read it slowly, a few pages each day in my morning devotional time. Tammy Maltby takes the story of Hagar, and brings so many truths out of it. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be encouraged by God's Word and by the knowledge that He really does see you, wherever you are.
Erin
There are a few gems in this book that stuck with me. Overall, however, I found it too broad and wordy. It read like an essay to me with several quotes from various authors and lots of "first, next, finally..." type of paragraphs. The content was ok but again, It felt very, very broad, unnecessarily detailed at times and somewhat repetitious. Potentially encouraging for one struggling with loneliness and other gems are present as well.
Susan
I like this book a lot. It really cheers me up when I am down. I like to know that god really sees me. it is a great feeling and this book really gives me that. I particularly like how it gives examples from movies and other books to explain each chapter. I also want people to know that this is a book for all ages. I'm not even a teenager yet and I read this book every night before bed. It is not just a book for old people though they can like it too. This is an very comforting and awesome book.
Kim Justice
What an eye opening look at the way God see you threw His eyes. Author's Tammy Maltby and Christian Buchanan have written a different thought process as to the how God looks into your life.

How well do you know the Lord? Do you know that He knows the very deepest part of you? Have you or do you feel invisible? I know I have:

To read more of my review:
Breath of Life
Anne
I did not 100% agree with everything written in this book, but I will say that it both comforted and challenged me. In particular, the chapter about walking blind, and the chapter called "See and Be" were convicting and thought-provoking.
Joanna
I give this book 3.5 stars. It was very helpful right now as I am going through a very low point and things just seem to look like they are going to get worse before they get better.
Jessica
[free nook book]
Alyssaw
Alyssaw marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
René
René marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Jennifer Perler
Jennifer Perler marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Marie Van
Marie Van marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Nichelle
Nichelle marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Reba Campbell
Reba Campbell marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Alden
Alden marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Confessions of a Good Christian Girl: The Secrets Women Keep and the Grace That Saves Them The Christmas Kitchen: The Gathering Place for Making Memories Confessions of a Good Christian Guy: The Secrets Men Keep and the Grace That Saves Them Lifegiving: Discovering the Secrets to a Beautiful Life Real Grace for Real Christian Families