Start by marking “Too Far to Say Far Enough (The Reluctant Prophet #3)” as Want to Read:
Too Far to Say Far Enough (The Reluctant Prophet #3)

Too Far to Say Far Enough (The Reluctant Prophet #3)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Allison Chamberlain has done everything God required of her—but as He continues to nudge her in the third and final book of The Reluctant Prophet series, she is ready to say, “Enough!”Even with two Sacrament Houses open, the Sisters’ second hand clothing boutique making its debut, and the orphaned Desmond legally adopted, Allison Chamberlain receives the divine Nudge to Go ...more
Published October 1st 2012 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about Too Far to Say Far Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Far to Say Far Enough

Dianne
This is the third and final satisfying book in The Reluctant Prophet series about a Harley riding prophet of God, Allison Chamberlain. She has worked hard in God's name, telling of his love and spreading that message in her own special way, sometimes wondering how much more she could do, what more was expected of her and if she had any more to give. For that, she has paid the price of being the target of those who wish her and her good works harm. The road has been long and hard, but she hasn't ...more
Amber
I did like this book, although parts of it, not as much as the 2st 2 books. There were just a few places that the storyline went places that I just wasn't comfortable with. I think that had more to do with my personal faith and beliefs. But the storyline overall was intriguing and provoked a lot of thought about how we treat others an making assumptions about other people. I really liked Allisons story and how God pulled her outside her comfort zone and led her to help first women who needed to ...more
C.J. Darlington
I didn't intend to read this book as fast as I did, but I couldn't put it down. Nancy Rue has finished out this series with a beautiful page turner. I love how she writes with such realism, and yet never pushes so far that we feel we've rolled in the gutter. This book is about real life and real people struggling with real problems, yet the hope is even more real. Such an awesome reminder to be the hands and feet of Christ, even when it hurts. Bravo, Ms. Rue.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"Every Monday morning I quit.

Before I even crawled out of bed, sometimes even before I clawed all the way from dreams to the mental pile of stuff I was going to have to try to make a dent in, if it was Monday, I said, out loud so there could be no misunderstanding: "God, you're going to have to find somebody else to be your prophet, because I'm done. You got a recovery group I can get into?"

Sometimes I'd imagine such a group - a place where I could sit in a circle with other people who were in
Ctf Devourer
I've always claimed I couldn't pick a favorite book. Tonight that may have changed. I just read Too Far To Say Far Enough by Nancy Rue and it was beautiful. Laughter, tears, panic that made you want to flip ahead but too rich to let you miss a word, passion, romance, love, family, enemies - it's all there. I get it. I really do. God says "go another mile" and trust Him to be there, even in the pain. I want that, the determination she has to go where He says to go. If you buy only one book this y ...more
Cheryl
While Christian fiction is not normally a genre I enjoy, this series was a surprising exception! Too Far To Say Enough is the third book of the trilogy, and I enjoyed it almost as much as the first two books. Almost. A couple of plot lines were built up throughout the series that ended a bit anti-climatically, but the book, and the series as a whole, were very good.
April
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Becky
In this final book of the Reluctant Prophet series, Allison is able to tie up all of the loose ends that seem to constantly entangle her. Some of them were pretty predictable, but Rue does throw a few plot twists into the mix to keep the reader guessing. I got a little bogged down in the constant turmoil, but maybe that was the point she was trying to make, that if you listen to God's nudges, He pulls you out of the deepest mire.
Christine
I'm sad to say goodbye to these characters. The story in this series is compelling, thought-provoking, inspiring, challenging, and exciting. Some of the characters are a little "black and white" but most of them are well-developed and very human. I enjoyed these books a little too much - I couldn't get them off my mind. As a general rule, I stopped reading "Christian fiction" years ago, but I'm glad I made an exception in this case!
Teri Pre
Fantastic book! It's not one of those nicey-nice Christian fiction books where the author shoves his/her brand of Christianity down your throat. It's a real-life, real-world type of Christianity that can appeal to everyone...even non-Christians.

I really hope that there are more books in this series. I'd love to see how all the characters work out their lives.
Diane

The only thing about this book I didn't like is that it is the END of the trilogy. Fabulous series, fabulous author. Love the way Ms. Rue is able to take single word or admonition from Christ and design an entire story. Great characters, good dialogue, excellent plot. Do we go the extra mile, even when we don't want to? Amazing story.
Lashonta
this book was amazing a perfect way to end the prophet series. Allison is still getting the nudges from God and the sisters are still around however in this book they bring in flannery and let me just tell you she is a hand full. this book was simply amazing it allows you to think and want to do more.
Pat
One again this book did not disappoint me. There was alot of action and alot of surprises. It is the last book in the series and I am sad to see it end. Definately worth reading the series!!!!
Stephanie
Loved this series! I was so excited when I saw there was a 3rd one.
Teresa
I have loved this series. And beyond that, these books have touched me spiritually. I just hate that the series is ending.
Jenn Scranton
Jan 31, 2013 Jenn Scranton added it
Shelves: arc
** Provided graciously by NetGalley for an honest review **
Kendra Oprondek
awesome. the trilogy was good. worth the read.
Lynn Turcotte
Hated to see it end!
Kathy Boyd
book 3 of trilogy
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Alison
Alison added it
Nov 01, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
It says it all 1 4 Dec 11, 2012 07:45AM
  • A Heartbeat Away
  • Something Beyond the Sky
  • The 13: Fall
  • Unbreakable (Road to Kingdom, #2)
  • Two Destinies (The Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #3)
  • The Deepest Waters
  • A Beautiful Fall
  • Reign: The Chronicles Of Queen Jezebel (Lost Loves of the Bible #3)
  • In Every Heartbeat
  • Fear Has a Name (The Crittendon Files, #1)
  • A Wild Goose Chase Christmas
  • Sweetwater Run (Copper Brown, #1)
  • A Promise to Love (Michigan Northwoods, #2)
  • All for One (The Four Lindas, #3)
  • Gravestone (Solitary Tales, #2)
  • Soul's Gate (A Well Spring Novel, #1)
  • False Pretenses (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #1)
  • The Survivor (Crime Scene: Houston, #2)
Nancy Rue is the author of over 100 books for adults and teens, including the Christy Award-winning The Reluctant Prophet, Unexpected Dismounts and Healing Waters (with Steve Arterburn), which was the 2009 Women of Faith Novel of the Year. She travels extensively—at times on the back of a Harley—speaking to and teaching groups of women of all ages. Nancy lives on a lake in Tennessee with her Harle ...more
More about Nancy Rue...
Healing Stones (Sullivan Crisp, #1) The Reluctant Prophet (The Reluctant Prophet, #1) Healing Waters (Sullivan Crisp, #2) Boyfriends, Burritos & an Ocean of Trouble (Real Life, #2) Healing Sands (Sullivan Crisp, #3)